Author Topic: Facial tattoos.  (Read 23734 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Facial tattoos.
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 11:05:55 PM »
My wife has her eye liner tattooed on her eye lid.  Does that count as a facial tattoo?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 04:38:29 AM »
I give it a firm "Yes"............
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 05:54:54 AM »
Tyler I would consider that cosmetic tattooing which technically is a facial tattoo.

My mother in law has her lips cosmetically tattooed
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 05:57:51 AM by JDog »

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 07:42:14 AM »
One facial tattoo that I like is the common teardrop tattoo. This is subtle enough to were it would not look completley outrageous.

J, be careful about the teardrop. Having been a gang crimes investigator I can tell you that depending what part of town you happen to be in (think gang turf) the teardrop tat can get you in trouble depending upon which eye it's under and whether it's filled in or just an outline. Very touchy with Latino gangs.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 08:07:26 AM »
One facial tattoo that I like is the common teardrop tattoo. This is subtle enough to were it would not look completley outrageous.

J, be careful about the teardrop. Having been a gang crimes investigator I can tell you that depending what part of town you happen to be in (think gang turf) the teardrop tat can get you in trouble depending upon which eye it's under and whether it's filled in or just an outline. Very touchy with Latino gangs.

Buddha yes this is something that I've known of and of course would taken into consideration. The teardrop tattoo also represents the lost of a loved one or family member.

Offline baldking

• Brian
  • Sly
  • "The time is now"
    • bald head shine
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 01:45:31 AM »
I think facial tattoo is a little ruff around the edges
http://www.baldheadshine.com
slimgoodbody@hotmail.com

Offline Jer

• People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
  • Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 09:15:15 AM »
I'm in agreement with most on here with regards to the facial tats.  That's something I wouldn't do, however I do have over 40 hours of work myself, 5 of which was just done yesterday on my leg, a full biomechanical design that appears to be under the skin with it all peeling back around the edges.  I've got many more all over but for all of mine I have put a lot of thought, consideration and time into them, and they are all covered when I'm in uniform on duty.  Most of my fellow officers have no clue that I'm quite heavily tattooed.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 09:23:20 AM »
Facial tats just sound too painful.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 09:33:55 AM »
My wife has her eye liner tattooed on her eye lid.  Does that count as a facial tattoo?

If that had been available 30 years ago, can you imagine all the middle-aged and older women who'd be walking around with permanent blue and green eyeshadow today?   :D

Offline baldbiker

• Sly
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 09:49:31 AM »
You've got to be one bad mutha ****** to be able to sport a facial tattoo!!!!!
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

www.myspace.com/hascoline

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 11:15:34 PM »
As a tattoo fan and having much ink myself, I have to add to this one.

I'm not a big fan of facial tattooing, and I don't really care for them anywhere above the neck.
It's one thing if you're a Maori chief or warrior, it's a tribal rite and part of their culture.

Sorry to say this, but it doesn't work for the pasty Starbucks employee.

And the teardrop, well that either means you've been in jail, or you're headed there. No disrespect meant J. 

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 03:05:28 AM »

And the teardrop, well that either means you've been in jail, or you're headed there. No disrespect meant J. 

No disrespect taken Joe, I value your opinion regarding tattoos very highly.

I would get an instant divorce if I ever got a tattoo above the neck so I am just pipe dreaming.

I'm booked in for 10 more hours in August, I'm getting the half-sleeve extended to a 3/4 with a hope of a full by next year.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2008, 08:56:44 AM »

No disrespect taken Joe, I value your opinion regarding tattoos very highly.

I would get an instant divorce if I ever got a tattoo above the neck so I am just pipe dreaming.

I'm booked in for 10 more hours in August, I'm getting the half-sleeve extended to a 3/4 with a hope of a full by next year.

J, thanks for not taking the comment the wrong way, I know you feel strongly about the Hispanic heritage being part of your upbringing.

I don't want to ramble here, but as I said in previous posts, I was getting my tats when they were still considered taboo, so to speak. And I don't like when people are opinionated about them and they make judgements on a person without knowing them.
I don't care for people who make judgements solely on a persons outward appearance.
But that's for another thread.

It's funny how things have changed, and I'm amazed when at work I now see so many females that have full sleeves.

You must be psyched to be getting some new work. Be sure to post up a pic of your new ink when you get the chance.
I can't wait to get some done myself, but as you know the money has to be freed up.
My wife's new piece will come first though.

Pshrynk

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008, 11:33:37 AM »

In North America the teardrop tattoo was originally a marker that you had killed at least one person in prison.   It is also used to signify that you lost a loved one while you were in prison or if on the outside that you lost someone in prison.

In Australia, the teardrop has an entirely different meaning.    It is forcibly marked on convicts who are child molesters. This mark is then used as a justification for the beatings and abuse of the wearer. The teardrop in this case, represents the tears that the convict will cry, eternally as they are beaten and maybe even killed.   

http://www.inkedblog.com/archives/tats_101/index.html 

http://www.gangink.com/index.php?pr=GANG_INK_STORY

IMHO teardrop is a bad idea.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2008, 12:02:02 PM »
jdog:  when i saw your topic/post on the facial tattoos... the only one that i know that has a tattoo on their face is probably the former heavyweight champ "iron" mike tyson. 

WARHAWK O0

Warhawk I remember when Iron Mike got that facial tatto. He actually caused quite a bit of controversy with it as it is a traditional Maori tribal tattoo that only High Chiefs will get.

Actually his tattoo is a little tiny tribal style tattoo, Maori are full face and usually symetrical and are handed down from generation to generation