Author Topic: no messages?  (Read 28221 times)

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
Re: no messages?
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2006, 09:42:04 PM »
Hang in there Spaceape.  Sometimes it's tough fight to find your match.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

BaldRob

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2006, 05:47:18 AM »
Lol, great line. I feel ya on the lady problems though. I ruined myself back when I was younger. I had no shame and would just go up and ask out any gal- even the ones that the poular guys dated. I got rejected and laughed at a lot, thus crushing my self esteem. It sucks, but I'm working on it. Thirty pounds dropped and with it I'm gaining back my self-esteem.

I'll have to check out that book though. I think my other problem is that I don't recognize when a gal is interested. Who knows-

My advice to you is that don't worry about "the one" yet... you're still young!  You still have a long time to figure out who and what you want in a relationship.  Hell, I'm 39 and I still don't know yet...

Funny how things work... most times when I've gotten into relationships (and married for awhile) is that 99% of them happen when I swore off dating! 

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2006, 05:49:17 AM »
Lol, great line. I feel ya on the lady problems though. I ruined myself back when I was younger. I had no shame and would just go up and ask out any gal- even the ones that the poular guys dated. I got rejected and laughed at a lot, thus crushing my self esteem. It sucks, but I'm working on it. Thirty pounds dropped and with it I'm gaining back my self-esteem.

I'll have to check out that book though. I think my other problem is that I don't recognize when a gal is interested. Who knows-

My advice to you is that don't worry about "the one" yet... you're still young!  You still have a long time to figure out who and what you want in a relationship.  Hell, I'm 39 and I still don't know yet...

Funny how things work... most times when I've gotten into relationships (and married for awhile) is that 99% of them happen when I swore off dating! 
i have to agree with rob on this one. quit looking, act like you don't care. they will come.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2006, 06:40:08 AM »
The guys are right - don't act desperate.  According to some ex-girlfriends, women too enjoy a bit of a challenge.  They want to make you want them.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2006, 07:09:51 AM »
Yep...I Quadruple that!

The best girl that ever happened to me--now my wife--came along at a point when I ABSOLUTELY wanted to be unfettered in any way shape or form.

We worked together and guys at work were falling and fawning all over her--she was HOT.   But I was pursuing other things at that point.

Even "hard to get" games are detectible by lay-days.  But it was so REAL in my case that it was absolutely irresistable to Nancy.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 07:14:42 AM by Robmeister »

spaceape48

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2006, 07:34:18 PM »
Yeah, I'm def not looking for the one or anyone really. I can't remember the last time I actually asked a girl out. The girls that act attracted to me-I'm not attracted to. It's like prison in that way,lol. It's cool though because at least I'm finally getting myself together. These past few months I've been changing and others can see it too. I'm not stressin over it anymore.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2006, 07:45:48 PM »
confidence is the key brother. if you don't have it, fake it. eventually it will become real confidence. just one more step on the road to enlightenment from my vast knowledge of nothing. but confidence does work.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2006, 08:20:46 PM »
the road to enlightenment from my vast knowledge of nothing.

Don't sell yourself short, buddy

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2006, 10:09:21 PM »
the road to enlightenment from my vast knowledge of nothing.

Don't sell yourself short, buddy
Be confident and she will have her hands all over that chrome dome
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2006, 11:13:43 PM »
Yeah, I'm def not looking for the one or anyone really. I can't remember the last time I actually asked a girl out. The girls that act attracted to me-I'm not attracted to. It's like prison in that way,lol. It's cool though because at least I'm finally getting myself together. These past few months I've been changing and others can see it too. I'm not stressin over it anymore.

Just remember that you always look at yourself with a bigger microscope than others use.  Actually, they tend to look at you with a telescope turned backwards.

Next time you're in a situation where there's available women, stand up straight, hold your head high, put the shoulders back and wear some confidence.  It doesn't hurt to watch Swingers before you go.

"There's nothing wrong with letting the girls know that you're money and that you want to party."
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2007, 03:13:36 PM »
Not sure if this is relevant, but I have been in my current relationship for two years, very happy and definitely the one.  As a consequence I am definitely not looking.  I am also the kind fo guy who would prefer a few beers with his mates in a country pub than a loud friday night on the town (i live in the english countryside what can you do?). 

A few months back a went on two stag do's in very quick succession, I wasnt looking but somehow on both occasions ended up being chatted up by very hot women.  My point is that I have never been that confident with the ladies, and am in the same situation of all my success having been from being asked rather than the other way around yet, when you are putting out the image of just having a good time and having no interest in finding someone then that seems to be the most attractive. 

As I say, not really sure what the point of that was, but it is late here so i thought i would come on here and say a few random things!!
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2007, 03:50:30 PM »
A few months back a went on two stag do's in very quick succession, I wasnt looking but somehow on both occasions ended up being chatted up by very hot women.  My point is that I have never been that confident with the ladies, and am in the same situation of all my success having been from being asked rather than the other way around yet, when you are putting out the image of just having a good time and having no interest in finding someone then that seems to be the most attractive. 

This is very true.  A couple of my fraternity bros and I have an annual guys trip.  For the most part all of us are married or in a serious relationship, so we're just there to have a good time and not really looking for ladies.  Though, every year there will be a crew of women that approach us.  One year we were in Palm Springs hanging out at the pool and the next thing we know we were surrounded by women.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2007, 04:20:57 PM »

That's the way it should be. Lay-days smell a dude who is stressin about them and it smells like funky corn chips and rotten eggs to them.

Act like you got your shnizittle in check and that your a confident sly bald guy,  and you smell like steak and lobster when you pass buy.

Then, if you can dance............you smell like diamonds!

I bet you didn't think diamonds smell, but they do!

Noner

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2007, 06:19:39 PM »
Yeah they smell like $ $ $ $ $ $ $

8)
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2007, 06:28:00 PM »
Lay-days smell a dude who is stressin

about them and it smells like funky corn chips and rotten eggs to them.

No doubt about it.

Same principle in sales, right?.......If a customer "smells" that you really need the sale it turns them off.  If they get the impression you would just as soon show them the door, you're the one they want to work with.  8)

Enter your email address: