Author Topic: Merry Christmas Introduction  (Read 6104 times)

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
Re: Merry Christmas Introduction
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2006, 01:16:05 AM »
Welcome Curtis.   I'm one of the others here doing it completely by choice.    Have been for 6 1/2 weeks.   

You look good with it though.   But I also add, just wait until you see all the other benefits.   No bed head/hat head, you can just get up and go to work even with short stubble and nobody will care.    The cold pillow feeling is also good, plus if you are like me, you become addicted to rubbing your head(and women like to do so as well).

It becomes less about the look, and more about all the benefits over time, though the look is still great and all.

Edit:  I too use the nivea aftershave(the white bottle, for sensitive skin).   Mine lasted about 5 weeks, but I shave pretty much daily because I get annoyed with stubble.   
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006, 01:18:40 AM by David »
bald for life

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2006, 07:25:51 AM »
Looking good Curtis, welcome to Sly Bald Guys
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2006, 01:33:26 PM »
Not sure what is bringing the good luck, just think my scalp adjusted quickly.

Using....

(1) a Mach3 vibrating razor, can't even feel it on the face or scalp as compared to the old Mach3 that I was just on the face.
(2) Fusion Hydragel (UltraSensitive) with Aloe and Vitamin E
(3) Nivea AfterShave cooling balm - Normal skin  (Don't remember the price of it, but I think the 3.3 Oz. bottle was around $4 or $5 dollars.  Looks like the bottle is going to last around 2 months though so not concerned about the price here.

The only product that I will be looking for soon is sun protection, I don't get out much during the winter.  But I will want to protect my scalp in the summer.  Any Suggestions?
Thanks for the insight, Curtis!  I would recommend trying the headblade line before you get to use to using a traditional razor.  I shaved my many years switching between Mach3 and Venus razors with just the rare nick here and there.  I decided to try headblade just within the pass 3 months.  I loved it, much faster and effective, but the first few shaves were pretty scary.  I had to unlearn all the habits I picked up using a traditional razor.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2006, 03:13:52 PM »

Turns out it that it looked pretty good the next morning, and the only problem I had was my head was acting like velcro with clothes.  I waited another day for my scalp to heal and decided to try to give the shave ritual a try myself.  At this point, I still hadn't researched the topic yet and I went out blindly to buy products.  With new Mach3, shaving gel, aftershave and lotion in hand I attempted to free my scalp completely.  I was successful, although it took a long time and only had slight razor burn which subsided real quick.  Ever since then I have been shaving daily and have improved on my technique trimming down the time to about 8 minutes including face and complete dome.  I've been super lucky so far, and I think my scalp is adjusting well.  No bumps, cuts, nicks or any signs of razor burn.

You faired much better than my first time. Great job and welcome to slybaldguys!