Author Topic: Merry Christmas Introduction  (Read 6123 times)

Offline Alvisar

• Learning the way of Sly
Merry Christmas Introduction
« on: December 24, 2006, 04:12:58 PM »
Hello all,

I must say that I found this site while trying to research different products and techniques.  I chose baldness less then a couple of weeks ago just to try something and will probably remain this way for life!!!

Fortunately for me, I haven't had any horrible experiences happen yet.  I guess I have been lucky.  On First Shave Nite, my friends used scissors to cut as much of my thick hair away as they could.  Apparently, my hair is thicker than most on this blue marble in the sky we call Earth, which started to deter me from going all the way that night.  We then took the clippers down to a 1 and I looked at reflection in the mirror and though, "Jarhead."  Didn't look bad, so I took the final plunge...I was already committed and wasn't going to turn around.  We pulled out the shaving cream and let the razor take away as much as we could.  One of my girlfriends had the honor and she did the best she could.  Unfortunately, my head was reacting to all the attention and started to burn so we never made it to the slick look that I wanted.  Everyone there thought that I was going to be burned, red and bumpy the next monring cause it looked horrible. 

Turns out it that it looked pretty good the next morning, and the only problem I had was my head was acting like velcro with clothes.  I waited another day for my scalp to heal and decided to try to give the shave ritual a try myself.  At this point, I still hadn't researched the topic yet and I went out blindly to buy products.  With new Mach3, shaving gel, aftershave and lotion in hand I attempted to free my scalp completely.  I was successful, although it took a long time and only had slight razor burn which subsided real quick.  Ever since then I have been shaving daily and have improved on my technique trimming down the time to about 8 minutes including face and complete dome.  I've been super lucky so far, and I think my scalp is adjusting well.  No bumps, cuts, nicks or any signs of razor burn.

Glad to join the club,
Curtis

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Merry Christmas Introduction
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 04:18:20 PM »
Welcome Curtis!  Thanks for joining Sly Bald Guys and sharing your story with us.

I look forward to learning more about you as time goes on.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 04:20:20 PM »
Welcome to the best group on the net!  Congrats on your decision to liberate yourself from hair!  Maybe you can find out what is bringing you that good luck, and pass it along. ;)
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Johnny

• Sly Finance Guy
  • Sly
    • NCompass Financial, LLC
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 04:35:07 PM »
Welcome Alvisar. You have given yourself the best Christmas present. Look forward to hearing from you.

chadoweasel

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 05:56:04 PM »
Welcome, Alvisar

BaldRob

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 06:09:32 PM »
Hi and Welcom Alvisar!  Great story... and Merry Christmas!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 06:24:25 PM »
welcome curtis. enjoy the site.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Alvisar

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 06:35:55 PM »
Welcome to the best group on the net!  Congrats on your decision to liberate yourself from hair!  Maybe you can find out what is bringing you that good luck, and pass it along. ;)

Not sure what is bringing the good luck, just think my scalp adjusted quickly.

Using....

(1) a Mach3 vibrating razor, can't even feel it on the face or scalp as compared to the old Mach3 that I was just on the face.
(2) Fusion Hydragel (UltraSensitive) with Aloe and Vitamin E
(3) Nivea AfterShave cooling balm - Normal skin  (Don't remember the price of it, but I think the 3.3 Oz. bottle was around $4 or $5 dollars.  Looks like the bottle is going to last around 2 months though so not concerned about the price here.

The only product that I will be looking for soon is sun protection, I don't get out much during the winter.  But I will want to protect my scalp in the summer.  Any Suggestions?

Also, the site stretched my picture....and suggestions on size I should make it so the site won't stretch it?

Alvisar 

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 06:59:56 PM »
check into headblade products. they work well. tyler's wife sells some good stuff too. i used spf 50 for about a month. unless i am gonna be in the sun for awhile i don't use anything anymore.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2006, 07:30:05 PM »

The only product that I will be looking for soon is sun protection, I don't get out much during the winter.  But I will want to protect my scalp in the summer.  Any Suggestions?

Also, the site stretched my picture....and suggestions on size I should make it so the site won't stretch it?

There's a couple different reviews of products if you click on Product Reviews.  Also, you can check out this board for some more information on protecting your head. http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?board=9.0 If you have any questions, feel free to post them  :D

If the image it too large, the software will resize it to 300 x 300 pixels.  If you want to make sure your picture is ok, make sure it's smaller than or equal to 300 x 300 pixels.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Johannes

• Sly
  • Straight Razor Shaver
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2006, 04:20:36 AM »
Welcome Curtis
Nothing better than one sharp blade

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2006, 06:13:15 AM »
Curtis,  a warm welcome and Merry Christmas!

...I found this site while trying to research different products and techniques.

Me too!

...One of my girlfriends had the honor and she did the best she could.

Dude, yer in like Flinn around here if you have multiple lay-days  8)

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2006, 06:44:35 PM »
Welcome to the club Curtis ... and Merry Christmas
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline MC HammerHead

• "..I shouldn't have to tell you who I am...because who I am should be speaking for itself.."
  • Sly
  • Future's So Bright, Got To Wear Shades..and SPF 45
    • Downhillbillies
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2006, 08:26:04 PM »
Welcome Curtis......!!!

and Merry Christmas to all my Sly Bald Guy Friends!!

Hey, reminder, if you have a MySpace please add me! 

www.myspace.com/mchammerhead

MC HammerHead
Downhillbillies Skateboarding Organization
Woody's Halfpipe Board Shop Team
Pavel Skates Flow Team
Axe Army
Headblade Street Team
www.myspace.com/mchammerhead

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2006, 12:17:25 AM »

I changed one of the settings, so it looks like it's working better now :)

Enter your email address: