Author Topic: Skin Cancer. My photos.  (Read 20653 times)

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
Re: Skin Cancer. My photos.
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2008, 07:43:22 AM »
I am curious, does anyone know what the start of skin cancers look like?  Recently, I have discovered some rough skin between my left eye and the top of my beard.  I picked the rough skin off and the area that was underneath is kind of thin and hard.  I know I should probably go to the doctor but was wondering if you all have experienced this?

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2008, 09:44:25 AM »
I am curious, does anyone know what the start of skin cancers look like?  Recently, I have discovered some rough skin between my left eye and the top of my beard.  I picked the rough skin off and the area that was underneath is kind of thin and hard.  I know I should probably go to the doctor but was wondering if you all have experienced this?

Go to your skin doctor and get it checked out, could be the start and then they can just "freeze" it and you're free.  Don't delay though any unusual skin lesion that doesn't heal completely w/in a week, two at the most needs to be looked at.

marty22

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2008, 10:32:12 AM »
Ive had a number of little items frozen (nose area) over the last 4 years. Generally they take 1-2 weeks to heal but there are warning signs. They can be crusty, scabby, itchy and/or burning. Dont F around with these if u can.

And be warned: anything close to or under the eyes hurts for one week badly.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 09:34:06 AM by marty22 »

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2008, 06:44:20 AM »
When mine started it was just an area that looked like dry skin. I would use some lotion on it ever so often and then forget it. When it started to bleed for no reason I got alarmed and went to the doc.
I would google this topic if you have any doubts. Most of these websites have pics that you can compare with whatever is going on with your skin and give you a good idea if there might be a problem.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2008, 07:05:38 AM »
I agree..get it checked out. I have an appointment with a dermetologist in November to have a couple of places on the right side of my head checked out though interestingly I have been treating them with Tea Tree Oil and they appear to be shrinking.
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

marty22

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2008, 09:35:52 AM »
I had the real thing on my back 9 years ago. A tiny pimple (and I mean tiny) that NEVER stopped itching. took 4 weeks to heal + 5 cortisone shots later to reduce the keloid scarring. If it doesnt look right or feel right, get it checked.

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2008, 05:19:59 PM »
Good advice guys....just had my yearly physical a month ago and my doctor looks at all the moles and growths on the body to make sure nothing looks amiss.... O0

Offline The Scottish Ambassador

• Scottish Ambassador to SBG!
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2008, 11:46:28 AM »
A wake up call for us all. I will certainly be more careful in future. Scotland aint the sunniest place in the world, but better to be safe than sorry. Thanks for sharing your experience and I wish you well for the future.

Cheers

Stephen
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got!