Author Topic: I'm an Idiot  (Read 8851 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: I'm an Idiot
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 10:58:17 PM »
asher:  i've never tried the vitamin e liquid bottle.  i would try it out 4 yourself because it sounds like its an inexpensive product.  i've never use the "baldguyz moisture gel" but several of the sly brahs have given it a "thumbs up".  if U happen 2 use the vitamin e liquid... please post up your sly review. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 07:28:11 PM »
Try the Baldguyz Moisture Gel.  I don't think there is anything better. O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

parksie

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 11:22:41 PM »
I just recently added the bald guyz moisture gel to my arsenal as well.  That stuff is fantastic! I cant believe that I've walked by that so often. Not anymore though it's part of my normal routine! O0

At the rate im going I am going to have to edit my "shaving routine" post in another thread real fast!

Great bunch of guys here  O0

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 07:49:39 AM »
[Speaking of your head burning from razor burn....well I ( stupid me) thought i would get some sun on my noggin last week...well I ended up getting a tad bit burnt. 
But I still use the aloe everyday now....after the burn healed a little after a few days..

Timmay

[/quote]

For all my sly bros out there, watch the sun! I'm gonna figure out how to use that thar google picture thang and post some pics of some skin cancer I had chopped out of my forehead last year. Had less to do with slyness than it had to do with unprotected exposure to the sun.
Not to be a downer, but, things that happened to me symptom-wise:
A dry, scaly patch that never went away.
The sucker would start bleeding for no reason. Not a lot of blood, just a little ooze, but it would go on for days.
First I had it frozen, then I had it burned off, finally they had to cut it out. The chunk was about the size of a quarter and went right down to my skull. I'll try to post before/afters so y'all can see what an artiste' my dermatologist is.
The cancer I had removed is called basal cell carcinoma. It's not the kind that would kill me, it would just make me even more bizarre looking.
Anyway, I use sunblock now and wear a hat.

I have posted pics at the following address:
http://www.msnusers.com/BuddhasBigC
There is also a document in there that describes the surgical steps. It was done with a local anasthetic.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 08:55:13 AM by buddha »
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2008, 07:59:30 AM »
OUCH Buddha! Hope there's no long term health concerns for ya.

Sunblock is critical to us SBG's, especially if you're like me and love to show off the dome. I used to be a hat guy all the time with my MPB, but now I love showing off the dome. I've played a few rounds of golf without a hat, just apply another coat of SPF 30 after the front nine.

Another part of your body that can't be ignored when it comes to sun protection are your ears. My father in law had patches of skin afflicted with melanoma removed from both ears because he was out in the sun all the time and never thought to put sunscreen on them. He's the reason I wear either a bucket hat or a "panama style" straw hat when I'm out in the sun for an extended period of time.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2008, 08:01:40 AM »
Thanks for the info bro.  I will definitely be more careful as summer approaches.  But I guess it doesnt really have to be summer to protect the noggin.  Just one of those things you dont think too much about because when you had hair ...it was some sort of protector...but now that it is gone.....you dont think aobut it.
Timmay

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2008, 08:19:33 AM »
One more catuion for you guys that are going out in the sun...... Even if you wear a hat be careful! On my golf trip a few weeks ago I wore a baseball hat the first day out since I hadn't had any sun before going. Well the hat worked great........ except for that little half circle in the back where the strap is and the skin is exposed. that little spot got burned all to Hell. Man I caught some flack from the guys for that. So not only was I sun burned.... I looked stupid too!!!LOL!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2008, 08:23:48 AM »
Mike..you are just a blaze of glory..thats all LOL

Timmay

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2008, 09:27:49 AM »
OUCH Buddha! Hope there's no long term health concerns for ya.

Thanks, Schro, no long term concerns, really, other than periodic checks by the dermatologist. He's a cool dude, on his way to sly. He has a horseshoe now. I have to go back and see him in a couple of months and I'm going to suggest that he do the sly thing. Now when I go out I wear my old boonie, covers the head, ears, and neck, if I'm gonna be out for a while kayaking or some such activity.
I might start a new thread coming from the skin cancer angle. I guess I never thought about it much but I think it might be a good bit of info to make people aware of. I am lucky, I just got a piece of prime fishbait taken out. Not life threatening. Others sure aren't so lucky.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Asher

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 03:34:17 PM »
thanks for the suggestions, guys.  unfortunately the bald guys moisture gel has aloe vera in it, so it's off the list.  i'm going to pick up some vitamin e oil and see what happens, i'll let you all know.  also, i used to use cocoa butter on my head, and it always worked well (plus the ladies like you better if you smell like chocolate). 

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2008, 03:47:18 PM »
Nivea for Men products are pretty good too, and I don't recall seeing any Aloe in them.  They have SPF factors between 4 to 30+, and they're not greasy.  After I clean up at night to get ready for bed, I use some Curel skin moisturizer--no smell, no grease, and my scalp feels great in the morning ready to be returned to baby butt smooth.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 03:52:00 PM »
and it always worked well (plus the ladies like you better if you smell like chocolate). 
;D ;D ;D O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2009, 12:35:45 AM »
OK, so this is an extremely old thread but here it goes.

Aloe vera sensitivity might be more common than we think and we should keep it in mind when people write in with skin irritation complaints.  The author is allergic to the stuff and my mother is allergic to the stuff.  A lot of people might not have a clue that their irritation could be a result of aloe considering that it's known for being the exact opposite to the skin!  With scraping a sharp metal blade across our scalps we put the skin in a vulnerable state, and if you're in any way sensitive to aloe that would be a dangerous combo!

I'd like to know if the original poster found the palms of their hands irritated from rubbing that aloe stuff on their head. 
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2009, 07:37:58 AM »
Purpose brand cleansing products makes an excellent facial/scalp cleansing wash product that is an ideal product for those of us who may have very sensitive skin and who may have an allergic reaction to some of the ingredients used in other brands. You can find the Purpose brand line of products@ most Wal-Marts, Walgreens, Rite-Aids, supermarkets, etc. My son first started using this brand (recommended by his dermatologist) and i was so amazed at the improved appearance of his skin, I decided to give it a trial-run on the ol' noggin.

I found it to be very gentle to the scalp, (contains no harsh ingredients whatsoever) and it leaves behind a sleek, subtle shine -  absolutely wonderful!! I now add a dab to my shaving gel when shaving, and then use it to wash my dome again at the end of my routine, and rinse with cold water!

I used to suffer from razor burn as well from time to time, trying to get as close of a shave as I could, but I now find that the combination of the Purpose cleanser and olive oil helps out a great deal to cut down on the irritation that can be associated with dragging a sharp blade across ye ol' noggin.

More info here: http://www.purposeskincare.com

Hope this info may be of some help to someone....

Have a great football weekend, guys!!

-Cap'n Noodles-

« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 01:36:13 PM by Noodles »

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2009, 05:41:41 PM »
Never noticed vitamin E ever helping to reduce razor burn/inflammation but it does do a good job of getting redness out of scarring.

Enter your email address: