Author Topic: Why men should not fear balding...  (Read 147401 times)

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: Why men should not fear balding...
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2007, 08:34:24 PM »
I think we build up the anxiety in ourselves about shaving. My advice is to buzz it shorter and shorter to get use to being hairless. And then just take the razor to your head. I bought a headblade and agonized about using for three months. One night, I just popped a beer and decided to get to work on shaving my head. After I shaved I knew right away the look was for me. I had two weeks of relapse in the last year. I grew some hair for the holidays. When I look back at the picks, I realize how bad I looked with my hair. Receding hairline and graying. Ugh.

It's good to be sly.

Right on about just doing it Razorhead.  But with my experience with the Headblade, I don't think that I would mix any sort of alcohol and shaving with a HB.  I sure that I wouldn't have much of a scalp left.  J/K.   :*))
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline kodakjlowe117

• Be Bald and Be Proud!
  • Sly Guy in Training
    • Be Bald and Be Proud!
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2007, 09:18:28 AM »
Just read the piece. Great article! 

rick...

http://wwwbaldnproud.com

Offline AndrewDockery

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2007, 03:14:23 PM »
Great article !

Offline Penguins Fan

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2007, 06:15:33 AM »
Today, there is no reason a man should fear hair loss. 

Think about it.  Thinning hair is ugly.  Combovers fool nobody, regardless of how big or how small the bald area is.  The remaining hair turns gray and white over time.  Why deal with it?

I realize there are multitudes of men in their early and mid twenties who dread the thoughts and fears that they will never meet women who will find them attractive without a full head of hair.  That is so much crap.  Those poor souls on HLT ought to grow a pair, get a set of clippers, shave it off, and hit the gym.

Three and a half years ago, I took my wife to Valentine's Day dinner and noticed a couple at a nearby table.  She was a beautiful, pregnant lady. Her husband had a shaved head and a hoop earring.  Apparently, she liked his look and it certainly worked for him! 

Thinning hair should be looked at as an opportunity and as a part of becoming a mature man.  You don't need hair to be successful in life.  You do need a positive attitude.  Sure, there are women who won't like a man with a bald head.   Forget 'em.
Find one who likes it and you'll be set for life.

If you're 23, forget about a steady relationship for a while.  Establish a career.  Save some money.  Buy a home.  Have fun.  Everything changes after marriage.  It's a trade off and you have to be ready for it.
Let's Go Pens!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2007, 07:02:46 AM »
Combovers fool nobody, regardless of how big or how small the bald area is.  The remaining hair turns gray and white over time.  Why deal with it?

Three and a half years ago, I took my wife to Valentine's Day dinner and noticed a couple at a nearby table.  She was a beautiful, pregnant lady. Her husband had a shaved head and a hoop earring.  Apparently, she liked his look and it certainly worked for him! 

The combover is the worst of them all. Although, it appears that they are becoming less prevalent (probably a generational thing).

On the other point, glad your wife appreciates the slick look.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2007, 01:21:18 PM »
Great article.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2007, 07:41:11 AM »
Indeed very good article and some very well written posts.

Rick that site is rad man. How do I get one of those "Yes ladies, you can rub it" shirts bro?

Offline nitinoct

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2007, 01:01:25 AM »
Nice article man!

Offline Itsonlyinmyhead

• When will it happen?
  • Sly
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »
I realize there are multitudes of men in their early and mid twenties who dread the thoughts and fears that they will never meet women who will find them attractive without a full head of hair.  That is so much crap.  Those poor souls on HLT ought to grow a pair, get a set of clippers, shave it off, and hit the gym.

f you're 23, forget about a steady relationship for a while.  Establish a career.  Save some money.  Buy a home.  Have fun.  Everything changes after marriage.  It's a trade off and you have to be ready for it.

Cheers Penguins Fan I take it those comments were for me looking back at my previous posts. All I can say is very good points  O0

p.s. I have got a set of clippers and my hair is on a #3 permantely at the moment and after finishing my gruelling job Im exercising alot and getting back into good shape for the first time in about 3 years. In regards to relationships, I think the buzz has attracted women abit lately probably due to the fact that Im very happy in myself.  O:O

Oh and dont put me in the same category as those people on HLT I may post there occasionally but I do not count my hair as a fairy!

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2007, 10:43:20 AM »
Great article!

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2007, 09:45:25 PM »
Great article Ty.

I did find it funny that as I was reading it I noticed the advertisements for all the hair replacement treatments :*)) :*)) :*))

Offline Josh_ua

• Sly Jr.
  • Woah Black Betty
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2007, 08:14:42 AM »
Just reading over the discussion; very well said Penguins Fan. You hit the nail on the head with that one. Hair loss is indeed what you make of it. I learned that after freaking out for about 4 months before developing a plan to make myself ok with it. In many ways going bald made me want to work harder at both my school work and my fitness.

There are many more ways to enjoy life than having a full head of hair. 

marty22

« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2007, 04:49:31 PM »
Take your time to think it over and then have a plan. Go short and then see if you like it.

bulls_fan

« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2008, 09:09:26 PM »
Awesome article.

Offline wrenchbender19

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2008, 08:25:09 AM »
Man i totally agree with you on this topic i dont understand why people are so afraid of being bald, i love it i see too many people out there trying to make thier hair look better or fuller or whatever and i think about how i save over 100 bucks a year on hair cuts alone not to mention shampoo and conditioner and gel and all the other things you need when you have hair. I have been shaving my head for five years and no one has ever said anything about my lack of hair not job interviews family or girlfriends everyone sees my baldness as my way of life and my kids even tell me if i need to shave the head because its a little fuzzy, I am a new member here and i am glad i found this community to see that there are many other people that believe the way i do and like having the bald dome

Enter your email address: