Author Topic: Wish me luck  (Read 17567 times)

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Wish me luck
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 09:43:46 AM »
Since when does it mean if you are a male nurse you are gay??  I know there are some in the field that are gay...but I have seen Chefs, politicians, Doctors, hell even McDonald workers are gay...I dont think that was fair to day RickyBobby....even if you were joking.  Take Lance here for instance...he is a guy who is wanting to have an excellant career...only words like that could discourage a person from pursuing their dream.  Im backing Lance 100% here...so if any of you feel that the profession he is trying to pursue is wrong..then I suggest you dont post in this thread anymore....
Timmayy!

jusbnme

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 09:45:51 AM »
Lance, I applaud your reasons for pursuing this health career, but I am asking you stand back and take a closer look at your choice. I lost three close family members in the last year and a half. And refuse to go anywhere near a hospital or a doctor's office. Ok, I do go to my dentist. I am still traumatized by the horror's that I experienced.

You want to make a difference and help people, become an educator. There are programs where you can start out as a Para and pursue a degree, all expenses paid. Reading your posts, I've come to know you and believe this would be a better career move for you. You'd be one awesome teacher Lance.

Thanks for the support and encouraging words brother.  I hear you and I have thought about teaching before.  But through my own personal experiences I would rather pursue a job in the health care field.  Thanks again bro for the continued support.  You are a great group of people.  O0

jusbnme

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 09:48:01 AM »
Thanks for the support TimmJ and to the rest of the guys like I've said.  But I think we can back off of Rickybobby now.  I know what he said was a little over the line but I don't want to discourage him from a great site either.  I think he's heard the jest of it and if he is indeed mature as I'm giving him credit for I think all is good.   O0

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 09:55:43 AM »
You are a good hearted person Lance...

Timmayy

JohnMont

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2008, 10:34:48 AM »
go for it!!! sounds like a good opportunity...good pay good benefits i hope.....but a male nurse???? only gaylord focker can pull it off.

AND   WarHawk (Mel)  ! ! 

JohnMont

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2008, 10:44:43 AM »

I finally read through the whole thread, Lance.   I believe in prayer like you do; and you have mine.  Glad the hospital int'view went ok and that you get the job.  The tuition benefit you spoke of is definately the answer to a prayer.  Sometimes we can wrack our brains to figure out how to make something happen, and then, suddenly it it comes to us.  So go for it.  Nursing is a great career, demanding, meaningful (and yes; manly--but you don't need anyone to convince you of that; --look at Warhawk, after all ! )  31  (or 32, 33) is certainly not too old to start (I started a Masters program at 48).  So go for it ; My best wishes for everything falling into place

Offline Tyro

• Sly
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2008, 11:20:04 AM »
Young man, I know you don't want to hear these words, but don't do it.  @c3
It's too demanding and far too stressful a career.
Why do you think there's a nationwide shortage of nurses?
I'm sure there are other career options out there for you.
That's my opinion. You can take it or leave it.

Ty
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 11:29:08 AM by Tyro »

"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choice." -George Eliot

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2008, 12:11:42 PM »
Ty...its all about the money bro....money money money.  I think Lance would be good at it. Hell I would purposely make an overnight stay at the hospital where Lance might be working as a nurse......I need someone to help me get my red and whites up after i go potty! LOL...

Timmmay!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2008, 12:22:06 PM »
It's too demanding and far too stressful a career.
Why do you think there's a nationwide shortage of nurses?
tyro:  i totally agree with this comment however it takes a special person 2 become a registered nurse.  my GOD-DAUGHTER who is in high school wants 2 become a RN and she sought my point of view.  i actually tried 2 "discourage" her 2 become an RN:  i've told her of the major stress that's involved in the field and also the rewards of nursing.  i told her that if U ever decide 2 enter nursing U must have the love & compassion 4 this job.

i've discussed this same subject with lance but i sense that he is that type of special person and so is my beautiful GOD-DAUGHTER.  she will B graduating from high school this year and is looking 4ward 2 her interventions on becoming a RN.  besides... we need special people like lance & my beautiful GOD-DAUGHTER as nurses because those R the special people that will continue 2 make this great profession special. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

jusbnme

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2008, 01:28:15 PM »
Thanks for the great words John. 

Mel, you're the best man.  O0

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2008, 01:36:50 PM »
Tyro, you made some good points, however, I gotta agree w/WH in that nursing is a calling of sorts - you gotta have the passion and compassion in order to do it.  I consider nurses, doctors, teachers, and clergy to be the most difficult positions to hold in this world - they all require lots of dedication and though the money for teachers isn't always grand, they choose to enter the field because they feel like they're called on to do that. 

Lance, bro, if nursing is your calling, go for it bro... sure there will be good and bad days, but what job doesn't have those?  Nursing is really more a profession than a job anyway.  I wish you nothing but the best in your pursuit and I salute you for wanting to help other people!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2008, 01:41:35 PM »
Gonna hijack here for a second....Scott...that new pic looks awesome man.  I see you got both ears done.  You look like you are ready for your own cooking show!
Timmay!

JohnMont

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2008, 02:28:52 PM »
Gonna hijack here for a second....Scott...that new pic looks awesome man.  I see you got both ears done.  You look like you are ready for your own cooking show!
Timmay!

I agree.  You look Rockin' Man!

John

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2008, 02:31:45 PM »
If you enjoy what you do, then it's not work!

Mel clearly is passionate about his profession and if I ever get sick in the Pensacola area, I'd be honored if Mel administered my Ketel One I.V. drip.

Lance, if you share this passion and desire for this noble profession, I say GO FOR IT!  O0

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2008, 03:48:35 PM »
Mel clearly is passionate about his profession and if I ever get sick in the Pensacola area, I'd be honored if Mel administered my Ketel One I.V. drip.
schro:  that's only if U can't tolerate the ketel one by mouth. :*)) O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!