Author Topic: Wow..it sure is smooth now...:)  (Read 8134 times)

Offline baldntat05

• Sly
Re: Wow..it sure is smooth now...:)
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 08:31:04 PM »
Now that you have your pic up I can tell you without a doubt you didn't make a mistake, you are a natural!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 09:18:29 PM »
Thanks guys. Appreciate the posts. Definitely woke up this morning thinking I had made a mistake. Will keep rocking it.

--Josh

Welcome Josh.  Nope, going sly is never a mistake.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 01:16:37 AM »
Josh, welcome to the best site on the net.  Don't judge your newfound slyness to harshly at first.  Give yourself some time to get used to the look.  We usually encourage guys to give it 30 days and then almost all of the time they love it!  Don't be shy about asking questions either - a great group of people on here!

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 04:15:23 AM »
Josh, I'm sorry that I'm late on this one, however WELCOME TO THE SBG FAMILY !!! As you probably already know there are alot of great people on this forum.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline mojim

• "As soon as your born you start dying, so you my as well have a good time"
  • Super Sly
  • "Making my way the sly way"
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 09:58:49 AM »
Welcome Marine!!
My sons a Marine, last summer he came home Sly....So I decided to follow suit...He has since went back to high and tight but is teetering on going back to full Sly... O0

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2008, 11:01:16 AM »
Welcome Josh, good to have you here. Don't go thinking you made a mistake, bro. Quite the contrary, as you will find out.
Give it a bit of time, it's always a bit awkward at first, but then it just becomes "you".

Like Warhawk said, give it the 30 day period at least. But I and all my other bro's can bet you will be saying " why didn't I do this sooner?".
Keep us posted, and keep it smooth!     O0

Offline NAVRN

• Sly Jr.
  • AKA NAVRN2
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2008, 02:44:52 PM »
Keep it dude it is you!!!!!   Welcome!

Offline dieseldan04

• Dieseldan04
  • Sly
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2008, 01:43:44 PM »
Welcome Josh!  I wondered what I did when I first went sly, but it really does grow on you.  I feel terrible if I even go a day without being smooth now.
Dieseldan04

Shine On Fellow Chrome Domers!

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2008, 01:58:55 PM »
welcome Josh

it will grow on you and you'll begin to love it more and more and hate it when you get the velcro, you won't be able to wait till you can scrape it back down

Offline SlyBaldDude

• Sly
    • Standing Out In the Crowd
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2008, 07:27:09 PM »
Welcome Josh.  I grew mine back for about a month.  I really missed feeling my head against the pillow though.  That and the more people told me,  Gee you sure looked better with hair,  the more I decided I look better slick.  I'd definitely keep it.  Its a good look on you ..

Offline JMMARICH

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2008, 08:54:21 PM »
Wanted to post an update. It took me about 10 days to really go out in public without a hat. I finally just rolled with it. My dad asked me why I did it, but didn't push any further. Last night, my mom saw it for the first time and said "I think it looks good." Her dad was bald and rocked the look.

So..here I am..with some sun on my bald head (thanks golf!) and I am really starting to dig it. Thanks again for the support guys. I could not have made it without you guys.

--Josh
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080402/samp9fd969381b4431af.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed height="0" width="0" src="http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/CIMP/Jmx*PTEyMD

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 09:06:09 PM »
josh:  glad that the sly fraternity has helped U.   thanks 4 the update.  it's good 2 see that your sporting that slick, smooooth dome in public.  hope U stick around & help future members 2 their road 2 slyness. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2008, 09:59:26 AM »
That's awesome Josh!  I knew you'd do great with the look.  You look like of the earlier members and a good friend of mine MississippiRed. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2008, 10:15:31 AM »
Way to go Josh!! And get thee to a WallyWorld and get some good sunscreen!!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

GASlick

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2008, 06:37:56 AM »
You go Josh.  With you being a Marine, I think you can handle it.