Author Topic: In despair  (Read 13156 times)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: In despair
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2008, 09:36:22 AM »
Welcome Riverdude! Great opening post!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

BALDANDRE

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2008, 11:54:33 AM »
Welcome Riverdude...

Awesome first post...I'm glad you have your (newly bald) head straight...

life it too short to get hung up on hair!

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2008, 12:08:10 PM »
Welcome to the neighborhood brother

Nice post I hope it helps all that are in your boat. I'm glad your excepting your new oppertunity.

Offline Mr.Gleam

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2008, 11:39:28 AM »
Welcome Riverdude!

I used to fuss with my hair all the time. I have much less worries now that it's gone....

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2008, 12:46:35 PM »
Welcome Riverdude.

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2008, 01:05:41 PM »
Welcome Riverdude! Great intro!

Enjoy this greatest forum of the net!

J

Offline north

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2008, 07:27:35 PM »
First of all, welcome Riverdude, I am also a new member!

I'm in the same boat as you, i'm 19 years old, going bald, notice a lot of thinning. I don't know about you, but I was 17 when I INITIALLY started balding, not becoming more noticeable until recently. At first, I was honestly distraught that my ultimate fear in life was coming true, I WAS BALDING!!!
But now the way I look at it, who cares; it's only hair. You're only young, 24 is not old, and you've got you're entire life to live, and by the time you know it, you'll have lived just as long a life as a completely bald man, as you did a full-haired man.

I just recently got out of a 2 year relationship and at first I didn't think I was ever going to meet another girl, as I was balding. But, I realized that you need to love yourself fully in order for any kind of serious relationship to work. And that is what I am working on. I am going to the gym 5 times a week, eating better, going sly shortly, forgetting about my hair and gaining confidence in myself and LOVING myself, really. Once you get the confidence in yourself, girls will fall into place, and they'll be all over you.
I don't want a girl who can't accept that i'm bald, even though i'm living a healthy, good lifestyle. Chances are you're not the one for me anyway, so why bother.

Chin up, go sly, forget about your balding yet (it really isn't that big of a deal) and just go for it, man. You've got ONE life to live, and if you're not living it happy, you need to change things, you need to get things in order and stop caring about what other people think about you. Be happy with yourself and things really will fall into play.

Good luck, man.

JWShaw89

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2008, 04:55:04 PM »
Riverdude, my mother always told me 'you'll never be bald like your dad' - and here I am at 18 years of age.
Just like there's always somebody better than you, I feel there's always somebody worse than you out there.
I'm only 18, so I'm probably one of the youngest on here, but I'm willing to bet there's several thousand males younger than me with the same problem that are trying to hide from it.
Yes, at such a young age you're bound to have moments of depression, but when you think of the bigger picture - that your hair is just a small part of you - it really isn't too big a deal.
Focus on the things you can control, like the rest of your body, your lifestyle and your attitude to life!
I've read in some other topics about married men whose wives react negatively to their slyness, however when you find a lady (and keep telling yourself that you WILL) she'll already see you with no hair - and that's probably part of her attraction.
Things an only get better from here Riverdude.

JW

HoodooMan

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2008, 02:35:16 PM »
Welcome man,
  I'm in the same situation you are. I'm 23, and MPB started for me at 18. I would stare at my hair in the mirror and pine over it all the time. I thought, "who would want a guy my age that's balding?!?!" But I soon got over that, and just shaved it all off. My family (devot catholics) went a little crazy at first, as far as they're concerned pretty much everything is a sin. They thought I was a "skinhead" which in this day and age is complete BS. But I tell you what will help with confidence issues, which I certainly had as well. Just go out and try to pick up some women, have random converstations with any woman you are interested in. I'm a guitarist/singer in my band, and we play at bars multiple times a week. that's really what helped me, being out there and just approaching the women with my new look. Just like when you had hair, some women will not be interested, and some will. You just have to approach enough of them to build your social skill set. I too wish i would have shaved my head sooner, but I let my family's opinions sway me at first. The thought of shaving was in the back of my mind all day every day until i just did it! trust me, it won't leave your mind until you just do it. You WILL feel odd at first, even seeing yourself in the mirror, but you'll soon accept your new look and feel all the confidence from not having to try and hide what everyon else sees as obvious, a balding head. do it and enjoy the freedom it provides