Author Topic: What kind of sunscreen??  (Read 9731 times)

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: What kind of sunscreen??
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 08:31:28 PM »
I finally found it on their website.  It's called Banana Boat Sport Quik-Dry Body and Scalp SPF 30.  It looks pretty good.

http://www.bananaboat.com/products/10704.aspx?cat=2&curBrowseBy=Usage
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2008, 09:38:52 PM »
I think my sunscreen this season will consist of a cap with one of those umbrellas attached to it....

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2008, 06:01:07 AM »
Timmy, I noticed your hat was "red and white" so at least you'll be color coordinated.  And I must say that everyone will be commenting on you great sense of fashion. :*))
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2008, 06:03:29 AM »
Looking at everything they had, I saw that Banana Boat has a new product that is a spray and it said on the label that is was made for the scalp.  First time I have seen anything like that, unless it came from Bald Guyz.  I checked their website and couldn't find it listed or even a pic.  Has anyone else ran into this stuff????

I saw that one and a bunch of other sprays at Super Wally's. My concern with the sprays is waste. I figure I'm spending enough money on the sunblock without shooting half of it off target, and I know that's what will happen.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2008, 10:17:08 AM »
I use the Bald Guyz sun screen also, it has a nice scent to it as well, it gives you an awsome shine, that I love. O0
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2008, 04:06:52 PM »
Looking at everything they had, I saw that Banana Boat has a new product that is a spray and it said on the label that is was made for the scalp.  First time I have seen anything like that, unless it came from Bald Guyz.  I checked their website and couldn't find it listed or even a pic.  Has anyone else ran into this stuff????

I saw that one and a bunch of other sprays at Super Wally's. My concern with the sprays is waste. I figure I'm spending enough money on the sunblock without shooting half of it off target, and I know that's what will happen.

I spray it into my hand and then smooth it onto the dome. No waste!!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2008, 09:37:11 PM »
I used Bald Guys sunscreen this weekend while working in the yard and it seemed to do the trick.

But, for the heck of it checked consumer reports (I have online subscription) and their most highly rated sunscreen was "Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch SPF 45".  The only problem with that is it's expensive. Saw online for $10 / 3 oz tube.  Then, saw it in BJ's Wholesale at $15 for 2 tubes, so I picked it up.  I'll report my findings  after using ...

Consumer Reports identified their "Best Buy" as "No-Ad Sunblock Lotion Maximum SPF 45", which is MUCH less than the neutrogena and seemingly as effective, according to their evaluations.

Andrew
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2008, 04:50:53 AM »
My wife bought me a bottle of spray Panama Jack SPF 30 in a blue bottle. I used in this past weekend on Opening Day for Little League. I was out in the hot sun literally from 7:00 AM until the sun went down. I re-lubed once in the middle of the day. No burn at all. Good stuff....
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Jay

• Sly
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2008, 06:15:23 AM »
I've been using an Aveeno brand for a few years now that's always worked good.  Not greasy, good SPF, and being Aveeno you know it isn't going to clog pores.  But I have been thinking of trying the Bald Guyz brand out.  I've heard good things about it and I've used their other products in the past.

I too use Aveeno 55. Non-greasy, moisturises. Doesn't clog pores and doesn't seem to leech into the eyes when sweating.

Offline baldking

• Brian
  • Sly
  • "The time is now"
    • bald head shine
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 09:27:35 PM »
This is what I use.  www.cueshield.com
http://www.baldheadshine.com
slimgoodbody@hotmail.com

Enter your email address: