Author Topic: TRY TO BEAT HEADBLADE'S MAC & JB IN ESPN'S COLLEGE BOWL MANIA TO WIN A PRIZE  (Read 16365 times)

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
sorry brother. nothin' personal. i actually like notre dame. but i bleed purple and gold.

I am a Horn but I'd like to extend my thank you/congrats to your tigers for exposing ND as the perpetual fraud they are.

I said this game would be a blowout and sure enough I was right. 
bald for life

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Then stop putting undeserving teams into elite bowl games.    Notre dame has no team speed and I called this game from the start.    41-14 proves my point.   

Join a conference already.    You don't deserve a separate TV deal anymore, nor this exclusive BCS rule.   Notre Dame is not the mecca of college football, and once the school realizes that, they'll be better off.     

Whoa, get kicked in the nuts by a leprochan lately?

The thing that everyone forgets is that bowl games are not about the game, they're about the MONEY!  That's why they need a playoff versus this bowl crap!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline David

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
Then stop putting undeserving teams into elite bowl games.    Notre dame has no team speed and I called this game from the start.    41-14 proves my point.   

Join a conference already.    You don't deserve a separate TV deal anymore, nor this exclusive BCS rule.   Notre Dame is not the mecca of college football, and once the school realizes that, they'll be better off.     

Whoa, get kicked in the nuts by a leprochan lately?

The thing that everyone forgets is that bowl games are not about the game, they're about the MONEY!  That's why they need a playoff versus this bowl crap!

I support a playoff fully.   

Tyler, ND is not the ND of the past.    They haven't been in two decades.   And they get country club treatment from the NCAA.    An exclusive TV deal that they don't have to share with other teams, and the notre dame rule in the BCS where if they win 9 games, they automatically are eligible to get their ass kicked in a BCS game.

Sorry, you better believe that crap pisses me off.   Because it steals a spot from a more deserving school, and the days of the domers being the mecca of college football are over.

They have had chance after chance to join a conference(big 10) and they won't because of this country club treatment for a program that is a shell of itself.    The NCAA needs to grow some cajones and step in and force them to join a conference.

You're right, I hate ND with a passion(not the fans or the university, just the football program).      Because of all this extra treatment they get that they don't deserve.     Plus they get ridiculous love in the polls when they don't deserve it.   And yes, I wanted to take mich st and ucla out and kick their asses for not finishing the domers off when they had the chance.

I knew going in they had no team speed, and that LSU would maul them.   But let the BCS continue to give them a free pass.   They'll continue to get embarrassed for the nation to see just like they did at USC, vs Ohio St last year and LSU last night.

The longer they get undeserved bcs games, the longer their record 9 game bowl losing streak continues.
bald for life

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
I hear ya David.  I also think there were more deserving teams of a bowl game than ND, but I blame that on the BCS and the greed behind the bowl games, not so much Notre Dame.  If ND didn't draw so many fans and earn so much money, they wouldn't be allowed to have the deals they have.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline David

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
I hear ya David.  I also think there were more deserving teams of a bowl game than ND, but I blame that on the BCS and the greed behind the bowl games, not so much Notre Dame.  If ND didn't draw so many fans and earn so much money, they wouldn't be allowed to have the deals they have.

Oh the NCAA is worse, with all the silly rules they have regarding student athletes.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 03:19:28 PM by David »
bald for life

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
david, i cannot lie i have thrown the horns up myself. especially when they beat usc. sorry t. just feel like usc is overrated.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline David

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
david, i cannot lie i have thrown the horns up myself. especially when they beat usc. sorry t. just feel like usc is overrated.

I use to like SC before last year.   ESPN made me hate them with their irresponsible coverage before the game.   Then matt leinart basically says we got lucky in his postgame interview.

bald for life

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
Outside of Pac-10 teams, Texas is my favorite team.  I would root for them anyday they weren't playing a Pac-10 team.

If you hate USC because of the pedestal they were put on by ESPN, then you have to hate the Big 10 and Big 12 conferences.  ESPN does the same thing with those conferences and always craps on the Pac-10, citing that USC is the only worthy team in the Pac-10. 

You can't deny the fact that USC crushed Mich. in the Rose Bowl.  Now when Florida loses really bad, you're going to see that USC should have played Ohio, despite their loss to UCLA.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
What were you thinking going for Oklahoma?  Ha Pooper Sooner.

I wasn't rooting for them, only betting that they would win.

Pooper Sooner?  Don't you live in OK?

Yeah, I live in OK, but I went to O State.  Hate OU.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
i say we give usc a schedule like florida or lsu. something in the sec. then when they return to cali crying like little girls, the world will know the truth.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline David

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
Outside of Pac-10 teams, Texas is my favorite team.  I would root for them anyday they weren't playing a Pac-10 team.

If you hate USC because of the pedestal they were put on by ESPN, then you have to hate the Big 10 and Big 12 conferences.  ESPN does the same thing with those conferences and always craps on the Pac-10, citing that USC is the only worthy team in the Pac-10. 

You can't deny the fact that USC crushed Mich. in the Rose Bowl.  Now when Florida loses really bad, you're going to see that USC should have played Ohio, despite their loss to UCLA.

I didn't see espn anoint other teams the best team of all time before they had even won the national championship.   And on top of that, they clearly had a major effect in the heisman race as they harped on reggie's 500 yards vs fresno st for a full few weeks.   Vince did the same thing at Ok St, earlier in the year, and it was dropped after a few days.   And reggie got to count kickoff yardage in his.    That is ridiculous.   And what was worse was the media didn't care when fresno lost out after USC to mediocre WAC teams.   

It has nothing to do with SC being good, it had to do with the attitude where should we put 2005 USC among the greatest teams ever, before they played the national title.   It was the most slanted/biased coverage of a national title game I've ever witnessed.  They acted like we were vince and the 21 other dwarfs.   And it was sweet vindication to watch ESPN squirm when we won the game.

Now I won't say USC isn't on my short list of teams I like(michigan and miami the others besides texas) but last years coverage of our showdown affected how I feel about them.    But what I really should say is I despise ESPN.     I still like the aggressive nature of the USC offense, and the style they play.

And like I said earlier, enough of this subjective stuff, settle it with a playoff on the field.   I also think pete carroll is one of the best college coaches ever.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 11:09:01 PM by David »
bald for life