Author Topic: Disadvantage - Concrete is cold  (Read 6408 times)

StogieStang

Disadvantage - Concrete is cold
« on: January 14, 2008, 11:28:04 PM »
I was working on my car's brakes and I had to lay on the concrete driveway to get a better view/reach and what a difference the temperature of the concrete is when you don't have hair as insulation.  No biggie, I just put my head on the wooden handle of the hammer for a few minutes.

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
Re: Disadvantage - Concrete is cold
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 04:28:08 AM »
hoodies are great for us sly folk, i am always sporting a hoodie
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 08:28:45 AM »
Thats funny stoogie....cause this summer I was changing the oil in my truck...instead of doing it on the drive way....i just pulled my truck to the edge of the drive way to where it was over the grass area....i placed a mat down to catch any drips...but i remember feeling the grass on my head....it actually felt nice.  The wife walked out and said what are you doing just laying there???? I told her i was enjoyin the feeling of the grass on my head.....i mean COME ON....i have never felt grass like that on my head before.....but to think of it...i havent felt a lot of things on my head with no hair before....OH BOY....that starts a whole new adventure ! LOL

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 10:40:52 AM »
I got my oil changed not too long ago and I saw a Sly guy wearing a skull cap while he was working on cars.  Said it protected his dome from when he bumped into things and when he had to put his head on the ground when he was under cars.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 10:48:06 AM »
I got my oil changed not too long ago and I saw a Sly guy wearing a skull cap while he was working on cars.  Said it protected his dome from when he bumped into things and when he had to put his head on the ground when he was under cars.

Probably to protect his bare head from the greezy enviroment a shop is as well. I cannot imagine working in a shop again being sly. A mechanic gets pretty greasy and dirty. Not good for bald heads
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 02:39:11 PM »
As stated in a prior thread too, Having a slick bald head means your natural radar is gone. So when your head gets close to objects like car trunks and cabinets, before when you had hair you could tell you were about to bump your head but not anymore! I cannot tell you the amount of times I've hit my head. I suppose wearing a skull cap would provide that artificial radar too.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 07:10:04 PM »
As stated in a prior thread too, Having a slick bald head means your natural radar is gone. So when your head gets close to objects like car trunks and cabinets, before when you had hair you could tell you were about to bump your head but not anymore! I cannot tell you the amount of times I've hit my head. I suppose wearing a skull cap would provide that artificial radar too.

Add some pipe cleaners to it ;)

Offline mojim

• "As soon as your born you start dying, so you my as well have a good time"
  • Super Sly
  • "Making my way the sly way"
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 09:01:47 PM »
Good point on the hair being the radar...However my hair radar had been malfunctioning for some time so I do not notice it as much..

Offline Mr.Gleam

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 11:41:19 AM »
Living in Colorado my pillow gets cold, too.

I put an old clean t-shirt over it and it's all good...

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 02:17:33 PM »

Probably to protect his bare head from the greezy enviroment a shop is as well. I cannot imagine working in a shop again being sly. A mechanic gets pretty greasy and dirty. Not good for bald heads

I worked in a couple of shops when I had hair and I think it would be worse to have all that hair to get grease in and that it would be easier to get it off your dome than out of your hair

Enter your email address: