Author Topic: Bald Facts...  (Read 14736 times)

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Bald Facts...
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 09:45:56 PM »
you love it you know it....dont fool us....lol

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 04:56:24 AM »
I think Tyler needs to start a new advertising campaign....billboards.....flyers.....dancing bald men with red and whites......lol.....

Timmmayyy!~

Uh Tim........ we would like to increase membership, not drive current members away screaming........
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 01:53:59 PM »
i havent noticed anyone running yet.....so what does that tell ya! LOL

You are still here...so what does that tell us! LOL...
just kidding bro...please dont go....im beggin you stay....
Timmayy!

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 11:00:38 AM »

www.BIBScalpProducts.com

Here is that website.  I havent had the chance to look all the way thru it....may look kinda corny...but there ya go..
Timmayyy

Thanx for the link Timmmayyy!

But where do THEY get their facts from? I don't see any source given. And I question a couple of the facts. "264 million people in the U.S.A. know at lease ONE baldheaded person" Who asked all these people? "20 million bald women" Unless they are having chemo, maybe that many have thinning hair, but they don't go bald like men do.

Other then that, it looks like an interesting site. I look forward to some product reviews when anyone tries their products.

Offline mojim

• "As soon as your born you start dying, so you my as well have a good time"
  • Super Sly
  • "Making my way the sly way"
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 01:44:01 PM »
Wow, way more than I thought there would be!!! O0

jusbnme

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2008, 12:57:40 AM »
I think Tyler needs to start a new advertising campaign....billboards.....flyers.....dancing bald men with red and whites......lol.....

Timmmayyy!~

g@@4

DOUBLE  g@@4 

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 06:45:42 AM »
I found these statistics about being bald...thought you all would be interested...

BALD FACTS
In The U.S.A. There are:

- 40 million bald men; 20 million are baby boomers, approaching age 50
- 20 million bald women
- 11,000 boomers turn 50 every day, many opting to wear the bald style
- Baldheaded men, including those who choose to shave their heads, will increase approximately 4 million a year over the next 10 years
- 264 million people in the U.S.A. know at lease ONE baldheaded person
- Millions of women will purchase shaving kits for themselves, husbands, fathers, boyfriends, children and relatives

nice find
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline The Zook

• One Blade Renegade
  • Super Sly
  • Collector O'Razors
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 07:34:25 AM »
I don't buy it, there's no method possible to draw these numbers from. There's far more than double the bald men then bald women for one thing.

Just another prime example that 35% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Offline dog20

• Super Sly
  • Hello
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 08:06:55 AM »
I really believe one day that bald will be the new trend.  While its gaining popularity now, it is still looked down on by a lot of people.  One day, hair will be a thing of the past  8).

Offline arnold2008

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2008, 12:19:57 AM »
There are a number of causes of excessive and / or rapid hair loss. Many people experience dramatic levels of hair loss some weeks after major surgery or after illness. Whilst the level of hair loss may appear excessive it is really no more than a reaction to a specific event and hair will return to normal after a period of time.Medications may cause hair loss. Some anticoagulants and many chemotherapy regimes used in cancer treatments are well known for this. Hair usually returns once the medication stops. Some anti-depressants may result in hair loss and too much vitamin A can have the same effect.Other physical reasons for hair loss includes hormonal imbalances, over or under-active thyroid and certain fungal infections can all result in hair loss.Hair loss may also signal some underlying problem like diabetes or lupus. As it is not always possible to assess the cause for rapid or excessive hair loss it is always worth seeking medical advice to diagnose the cause for your hair loss.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 12:24:16 PM by Tyler »

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2008, 11:20:43 AM »
According to Provillus( forgive the mention of the enemy, but yea I have used it, sorry not proud of that lapse in judgment in my life)
2/3 of men will experience hair loss by the age of 35.
85% by the age of 50.

and I do believe that the number of women who suffer hair loss is surprisingly large to most
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2008, 11:37:01 AM »
"- Baldheaded men, including those who choose to shave their heads, will increase approximately 4 million a year over the next 10 years"

Now that sly is becoming more and more mainstream, I think the count is being grossly underestimated. I believe that number will go up exponentially and not a flat 4 mill a year. Not an approximation but i'm thinking more like 4 mill, 6, 10, etc... 

Remind me in a few years to revisit this. Thanks.
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes

Offline wantstobebald

• Sly Jr.
  • i know where its at
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2008, 12:46:58 PM »
I found these statistics about being bald...thought you all would be interested...

BALD FACTS
In The U.S.A. There are:

- 40 million bald men; 20 million are baby boomers, approaching age 50
- 20 million bald women
- 11,000 boomers turn 50 every day, many opting to wear the bald style
- Baldheaded men, including those who choose to shave their heads, will increase approximately 4 million a year over the next 10 years
- 264 million people in the U.S.A. know at lease ONE baldheaded person
- Millions of women will purchase shaving kits for themselves, husbands, fathers, boyfriends, children and relatives

interesting. anything about the younger side?
being bald is something that i loved, and i am sure i will someday have the oppritunity to love it again.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2008, 01:38:46 PM »
I don't buy it, there's no method possible to draw these numbers from. There's far more than double the bald men then bald women for one thing.

Just another prime example that 35% of statistics are made up on the spot.
Having 50 barely in my rear view mirror, I can assure you the ladies have the problem too.  Several of my wife's friends are full time "wiggers" now, and my wife is very creative on coverying some thinning that has appeared in what used to be a head of hair that required her hairdresser to thin it before proceeding!  I think the estimate is conservative.  As for the guys, just look in the elevator at work, thinning, wispy, holes in the back, and frank profound baldness--at least 50%.  We wouldn't have so many slys and buzzed guys if that wasn't the case. 

Offline PowerOfCheese

• Super Sly
  • Sly and be free
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2008, 01:43:49 PM »
35% of statistics???!!!!   :/O puh leaseeeee!!!  It's more like 62.7%   
---- The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize. - Robert Hughes