Author Topic: I've got some sh*t going on (Razorbumps)  (Read 8871 times)

Offline SonOfKrypton

• Sly
Re: I've got some sh*t going on (Razorbumps)
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 08:42:24 PM »
Or Nick, if Tend Skin does not have any local retailers, do any of your other advised products have any local resellers?

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 08:48:00 PM »
Or Nick, if Tend Skin does not have any local retailers, do any of your other advised products have any local resellers?

SOK

I have not seen Tend Skin in any stores just on the internet. Amazon comes to mind. But You can get Skin Tight products and Bump Patrol products at Wal-mart. You can get Skin Tight products at Sally's beauty supply too.
==SLY SERGEANT==

bulls_fan

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 08:49:30 PM »
i had a  bunch of razor bumps when i first started shaving. but after a while i think your skin gets used to it. at least mine did. the amount of razor burn significantly decreased. but i'd just say take your time when shaving and use lotion afterwards

Offline SonOfKrypton

• Sly
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 02:28:20 PM »

SOK

I have not seen Tend Skin in any stores just on the internet. Amazon comes to mind. But You can get Skin Tight products and Bump Patrol products at Wal-mart. You can get Skin Tight products at Sally's beauty supply too.

Nick, thanks for such a timely response dude.  Perfect timing as I was able to run out to the store and buy Skin Tight.  Walmart didn't have it, even the version of the Supercenter in our city.  But Sally's DID have it.  Only thing that's weird about it is its viscosity.  I mean, it has a water like consistency, am I just supposed to rub this sh*t on like alcohol?  I thought it'd be thicker.

Offline SonOfKrypton

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 02:28:57 PM »
i had a  bunch of razor bumps when i first started shaving. but after a while i think your skin gets used to it. at least mine did. the amount of razor burn significantly decreased. but i'd just say take your time when shaving and use lotion afterwards

Yea, I HOPE TO GOD that's true man.  Cuz I like slyness and hate bumps.

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 05:45:24 PM »

SOK

Nick, thanks for such a timely response dude.  Perfect timing as I was able to run out to the store and buy Skin Tight.  Walmart didn't have it, even the version of the Supercenter in our city.  But Sally's DID have it.  Only thing that's weird about it is its viscosity.  I mean, it has a water like consistency, am I just supposed to rub this sh*t on like alcohol?  I thought it'd be thicker.

Yea man it is a fine liquid. I apply it with a cotton ball after a shave. The stuff burns like fire but it work for bumps.
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline SonOfKrypton

• Sly
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2008, 02:45:51 PM »

SOK

Yea man it is a fine liquid. I apply it with a cotton ball after a shave. The stuff burns like fire but it work for bumps.

Cool.  Ever since high school and my first time taking a razor to my beard, I've used a trimmer on my chin.  You think this stuff will also work there if I wanna try with a blade again?

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008, 10:12:07 PM »

SOK

Cool.  Ever since high school and my first time taking a razor to my beard, I've used a trimmer on my chin.  You think this stuff will also work there if I wanna try with a blade again?

Absolutley I think it will work on the face. You just have to use a good lather and shave slow and careful. Dont use more than a two blade on your skin though. People prone to PFB respond better to double blades. Shave with the grain on face for a while and you should be strait. Check this out too it has good tips..

==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline SonOfKrypton

• Sly
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 08:11:52 AM »

SOK

Absolutley I think it will work on the face. You just have to use a good lather and shave slow and careful. Dont use more than a two blade on your skin though. People prone to PFB respond better to double blades. Shave with the grain on face for a while and you should be strait. Check this out too it has good tips..

lol, best commercial ever!  "No ifs, ands, or bumps"....I wonder how long it took em to come up with that one.  Okay Nick, I'll take your advice about the two blade razors.  But I've only been using the Headblade triple razors....Have any suggestions for good two blade razors that fit on the Headblade?  Also, I thought I remember reading on another thread that 2 blade razors (against conventional thought) get closer to the skin then 3 blade razors.  Therefore, would they make me MORE prone to PFB?