Author Topic: Soccer  (Read 8394 times)

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Soccer
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2008, 04:12:48 PM »
I worked for many years with an Irish fella from Dublin and he couldnt speak a lick of Gaelic, I wasnt impressed. I was like "You Irish are some of the most patriotic nationalistic people on earth and you dont even speak your indigenous language,shame on you!!" I used to give him a ribbing all the time.LOL

You can thank the English for that. Whenever the old timers tried to speak Irish they were arrested an punished by the English. They tried to stamp it out.

My grandmother spoke fluent Irish Gaelic. Combine that with  my grandfathers harsh Arabic ,needless to say it was interesting.

You can thank the English for that. They tried to stamp it out and arrested anyone caught speaking it or teaching it. It is now making a comeback. 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 04:15:34 PM by TomGallagher »

Offline Phantom

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2008, 02:15:16 PM »
Gooner til I die! Sorry about Reading last week....

Offline darkknight1

• Sly Jr.
  • Yes, even Batman is sly!
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2008, 06:40:41 AM »
I am a big fan of a lot of sports....but recently got into Soccer.  I chose Chelsea as my team overseas in the Premiership.....and love Red Bull NY here in the US for MLS.  C'mon you Blues!!  Go RedBulls!

Offline Tagus

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2008, 02:20:52 PM »
Great, a football err soccer thread

I love soccer,it´s my favourite sport and i´m a Benfica fan a club so long out of the fight for the European champions throphy.

Most of my childhood was spent playing soccer. I played it in my hood with my childhood friends, i played in school and i even got a team that played in tournments. Great memories!

Offline Phantom

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2008, 11:02:52 AM »
Great, a football err soccer thread

I love soccer,it´s my favourite sport and i´m a Benfica fan a club so long out of the fight for the European champions throphy.

Does Adou still play for Benfica?