Author Topic: What Can I do to Convince my Wife I need to go to SLYBALDCON 2008???  (Read 15413 times)

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Hey, my fellow Sly brothers.  I need your help and suggestions.  I haven't broke the news to my wife yet that I want to go to Chicago in July.  A really big problem with this is that my wife's birthday is on July 27 (last day of the convention).  She's also always been kinda skeptical about my participation in the forum.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  (And no, Timmj, I can't tie her up and stick her in the closet...the kids would let her out anyway).

<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: What Can I do to Convince my Wife I need to go to SLYBALDCON 2008???
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 12:39:07 PM »
rick...i'll give U my sly advice later 2day.  i gotta run & visit with my loving parents.  i'm sure you'll hear some gr8 responses from R sly brothers.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 12:47:11 PM »
Rick, how about, "Guess what I am getting you for your birthday dear,  a weekend trip to Chicago."
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline SLYinKC

• Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 01:05:35 PM »
Rick, how about, "Guess what I am getting you for your birthday dear,  a weekend trip to Chicago."

So is Tyler gonna arrange for "babysitting" services????  ;D
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

BaldRob

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 01:14:00 PM »

So is Tyler gonna arrange for "babysitting" services????  ;D

Just throw some food on the floor and lock the doors on the way out... muhahahaha

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 02:25:30 PM »
"Please... all the cool kids are going"

and if she still says no...

"You never let me do anything..." and with a pouty face stomp into the other room and flop down on the couch with your arms folded.

It didn't work for me but maybe you will have better luck.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 06:33:24 PM »
Rick, if I were you I'd just be straight up with her and say you want to go to Chicago for 3 days to visit your buddies from the Sly Forum.

Offline Jdogs Better Half

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 06:40:40 PM »
Get her to jump on SBG's forum and check it out for herself, then she will know its all cool.

THEN you just be honest and say how much it would mean to you to attend and THEN take her away for a weekend just you and her for her birthday maybe a few weeks before her birthday without the kids to make up for missing her birthday!

ready for it boys...this is a hot tip....woman don't get pissed off about what you ARE doing it whats your NOT doing....if you make a massive deal about her birthday so she dosen't feel let down about you missing her birthday then she cant be disappointed! but you cant make out like you are only making extra effort so she says its ok for you to go to Chicago.......has to be genuine....

Offline SLYinKC

• Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 07:23:52 PM »
Rick, if I were you I'd just be straight up with her and say you want to go to Chicago for 3 days to visit your buddies from the Sly Forum.

Simple, straight forward, and to the point........It just might work...... :px
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 07:37:41 PM by SLYinKC »

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 08:28:57 PM »
rick....i was going 2 give U my sly advice but jdog and his better half have aggressively hit that nail down.  wish U luck!!!  wish me luck as well because i haven't told my better half as well.  however...knowing my lovely wifey...i know she will not have a problem with me going 2 chicago.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 10:04:25 PM »
The only thing my wife would be worried about is me going by myself to a place I have never been before ( driving) and not actually knowing any of you.  Im working it in .....but like I said in an earlier post....why is it that all of guys get nervous when we HAVE to ask our WIVES if we can do something??

Offline Jdogs Better Half

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 05:22:20 PM »
The only thing my wife would be worried about is me going by myself to a place I have never been before ( driving) and not actually knowing any of you.  Im working it in .....but like I said in an earlier post....why is it that all of guys get nervous when we HAVE to ask our WIVES if we can do something??

Cos your whipped Tim!  :*)) :*))

BaldRob

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 05:48:55 PM »

Cos your whipped Tim!  :*)) :*))

DAMN!!!  Timmy just got owned!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 09:03:02 PM »
Man I really opened myself up to that one didnt I.  LOL...

Not really funny.          Well maybe a little.....nahhhhhh no it isnt...You take that back! NOW!

LOL....