Poll

Which do you watch most

Professionals
4 (28.6%)
College
10 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Pro or NCAA  (Read 5128 times)

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
Pro or NCAA
« on: December 11, 2006, 10:33:06 PM »
Just curious what type of fans we have out there.  You all know that you watch one more then the other.

"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Pro or NCAA
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 11:54:47 PM »
I really like college because I feel they really put their heart into it.  I love watching the NCAA Basketball Tourney.  I wish they would do something similar for college football, but with the top 16 teams, though the top 32 teams could make it really interesting.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 07:35:47 AM »
I don't watch a lot of basketball, but when I do it is usually NCAA. Our local NCAA team the UNM Lobos does ok most of the time. They have their moments, just like all the others.

Closest thing we have to pro is an NBA-D league team. The Albuquerque Thunderbirds. They are the defending champs this year. The coach is a former UNM star and former LA Lakers player Michael Cooper.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 10:41:00 AM »
Sunday was awesome.  I'm a UT alumnus/diehard horn fan, and first Vince rips the hearts out of Texans fans in overtime.   Then I went to UT-LSU with my best friend, where Texas won on a 3 by AJ Abrams in overtime 76-75.

Hard to get any better than that as a sports fan.   Well, the national title over USC was nice  ;D.

bald for life

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Myspace
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 11:14:15 AM »
I like the horns by default.  They’re in synch my rivals OU and Texas A&M.  >:( God it hurts to even write those names.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 11:15:46 AM by ar3inc »

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 11:18:10 AM »
I like the horns by default.  They’re in synch my rivals OU and Texas A&M.  >:( God it hurts to even write those names.

Imagine how I felt the friday after thanksgiving.    Both of them benefitted from us losing.
bald for life

BaldRob

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 02:26:38 PM »
I can't really vote on this... I like both!  And a lot of it depends on the sport also...  Football is equal between Da Bears and Michigan.  Basketball is the Pistons, but no college (But I don't watch really until the playoffs).  Hockey is the Red Wings, but no college teams.  Baseball is Da Cubbies, no college teams.  I do like to watch lacrosse, but not a lot of pro leagues, so I watch college (and whoever's playing).

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 12:05:07 AM »
I like college sports across the board better then professional.  I think college athletes play with more heart, and college wins mean a lot more.  Everything rotates so quickly on college level, with new talent coming in every year and knowing that they can’t stay for more then 4.

Go Pokes!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 09:45:23 PM »
College sports are way better in my opinion. i do like watching the BRAVES. the pres. of the company i work for has a son that is in the cleveland indians organization. waiting for him to get called up to the majors. that would be cool, cause he is a good friend. really only watch pro sports if there is no college games i am into. but i do love the BRAVES. and yes i do HATE the yankees. sorry guys it was bred into me. i got into college softball last season. man those girls get fierce. of course any LSU sports on tv and i will watch. can't wait to see the bayou bengals beat up on those little leprechauns in the sugar bowl. would have preferred seeing them beat up on michigan in the rose, but you take what they give you.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 10:57:12 PM »
I prefer the Pros, iam a hardcore Laker fan (NBA), Cardinals fan (MLB), Red Wings (NHL), and Buccaneers (NFL)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 05:57:31 AM »
Watch more college ball by far.  Rarely miss a Notre Dame or Michigan game, definitely prefer college hoops.   But am a die hard Bears fan too, and catch rugby matches whenever I can. 
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline LiveStrong

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 06:07:51 AM »
I like pros better.  I basically refuse to get into college football until they get a playoff system.  The nba has improved a lot in the last 5 years, thanks to the international influence.  The game is changing, its higher scoring and more exciting to watch.   More team play, not one on one.  Teams like the phoenix suns are the future. 

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 09:00:28 AM »
I enjoy the college level most for football and basketball. More enthusiasm at that level and more action. In baseball, the minor league teams are much more fun to watch (and cheaper!).

The exception to that rule is when my Cleveland teams are playing. Of course my Cav's are in the spotlight playing for the NBA finals.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 07:51:48 PM »
NCAA hands down and sooooo much better than the pros.  luv college sports especially college football and college basketball.  they play w/ soooo much more passion and it even gets personal.  however i still watch pro ball as well but u can't beat college sports. 

WARHAWK
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 10:59:30 PM »
Definitely college for me.  I went to a Big 12 school (well actually I'm old, so it was the Big 8 at the time).  There's nothing like going to a football or basketball game with a bunch of crazy college-age fans.  I do like pro's too, but with having little free time these days, I plan it around NCAA games.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/