Author Topic: Help a new brother out...  (Read 8976 times)

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Help a new brother out...
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 04:33:56 AM »
Thunderbroom, 24 hours is a great amount of time to have before u get sandpaper head.

I like to wait 2-3 days between shaves to get the best and smoothest shave! I use Headslick whipped up in a bowl with a brush and shave using a Fusion(manual). Afterwards for some killer shine I add 2 coats of Headlube glossy and if I REALLY want to shine like a bulb, I put on a thin layer of Baby Oil.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 07:42:18 AM »
TB-

I agree with the others.... 24 hours is pretty good. I start to feel my "sandpaper" about 6 or 8 hours after the shave. Shaving against the grain, as well as with it, will definitely help.

I love my headblade! If you have CVS near you, the CVS 3 shaving system blades work with the headblade.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline SonOfKrypton

• Sly
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 09:06:54 AM »
Hey guys...I was just readin this thread and wondering what the hell you guys mean by "sandpaper head".  What is that meant to describe?  I immediately envision little bumps all over your head when you say that...Is taht what it is?

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 09:53:55 AM »
Sandpaper is that feeling when stubble starts to grow.  Also know as "Velcro".

And yes, it really does feel like that.  Maybe that's why we all have such an obsession with having total smoothness.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 10:07:58 AM »
Sandpaper is that feeling when stubble starts to grow.  Also know as "Velcro".

And yes, it really does feel like that.  Maybe that's why we all have such an obsession with having total smoothness.

I'm a newbe, just over 4 months, but sandpaper for me has been the feel of finishing sandpaper, like 000 grade, vecro is longer--it catches your damn shirt as you try to pull it over your head--first time it happened to me I nearly twisted my neck.  With Fusion power, Headslick & baby oil, it's sandpaper 8 to 10 hours out on the top where it's sparce (the follicles are dying but putting up a strong finish!) and twelve or more on the side & back provided I wait an hour or so after getting up or go to the gym before shaving.  The velcro is all over my head the next morning, and I'm VERY careful taking off my shirt, as opposed to pulling, after the gym before hopping into the shower and thence to smooth Sly-City.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2008, 02:49:25 PM »
its when your hair starts to grow out and it sorta acts as "velcro" when taking off tshirts and the like.  Just really short stubble is all it is. 

Timmayy!!!!

Offline charlesh1609

• Sly Stylin' Slickster
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2008, 03:29:12 PM »
If you shave against the grain, that will help keep it smoother longer also...

I waited about 3 shaves to "toughen" my scalp before I went counter to the grain.  It makes a HUUUGE difference in the slick quotient and the longevity of the slick effect.  But you better have learned to employ a light touch on that blade or your WILL take a few divots out of the topsoil.
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum!