Author Topic: Should I go sly?  (Read 16511 times)

Offline dinosaur

• Sly Jr.
Re: Should I go sly?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2008, 01:21:31 AM »
are you serious? how is this even a question??

dude, you have a great face, and your smile is fantastic. the fact that you have some hair and are bald on top distracts from what makes you YOU. i'm serious, you look like such a fun guy in those pics (as i'm sure you are) but if i saw you, i'd instantly categorize you as a balding dude sporting a bozo the clown look. that said, most other people probably see the same... dont be the balding dude, be the DUDE who just happens to shave his head.

seriously man, great face/personality combo is beggin for a shave. if you hate it, so what? its hair... what you have will grow back. but why does it need to?

plz post pics of your clean head so the ladies can begin swooning

Offline Jdogs Better Half

• Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2008, 01:40:03 AM »
you should totally go sly...... no question! It would look great!

Offline Johannes

• Sly
  • Straight Razor Shaver
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2008, 03:33:27 AM »
Shave it, go for the fresh look with a big smile
Nothing better than one sharp blade

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 05:34:50 AM »
Welcome to SBG!
In looking at your pics, all I could envision was "pizza chef".  :*)) Sorry.
When I had hair, I also had curly hair that was thicker on the sides, so I'm speaking from experiece. Keeping it tight is key, even if you don't take the plunge. Although, the feeling of liberation you get from going sly is empowering.
 8)
Good Luck!
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2008, 07:29:52 AM »
Welcome to the site bro...but I will add....the top pic...not too bad...the bottom pic....I would probably jump across the street to the other sidewalk ifyou were walking towards me! LOL...
No its not that bad...but that bottom pic....needs to go.  Just shave it down...see what you think...its hair...it will grow back.  I think you will be satisified with the look and once you are bitten.....you wont go back. I guarentee it.....I guarentee it soo much that BaldAndre will grow all his hair back....cornrow it...with pink ribbons and walk down the middle of NYC...in the famous red and whites.....
Good luck..post up a pic of the new look ok
Timmayyyyyyyy!

Won't that be a sight!  However, in the middle of NYC, I am not so sure he'll be much of a spectacle, with as many "different" folks that wander those streets.

I was making it easy for BaldAndre................lol

Offline timerhyme

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2008, 10:23:17 AM »
Alright I did it. I actually do like it a lot. A little pointy, but thats alright. I put the 'after' pic as my profile picture. I've got some questions though.

It took me forever to shave my head, and this was after i had it cut down with a trimmer as short as possible. How long does it usually take you guys to get it shaved? I don't particularly want to take too much time in the morning since I usually only leave myself 20mins to get ready for work.

I also haven't quite decided what to do with my facial hair. A goatee sounds nice but I usually can't get very good growth connecting the upper lip with the chin along the sides.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2008, 10:28:24 AM »
Wow!  What an improvement!   O0

The first time you shave always takes a little longer because you're unfamiliar with the process and you're also shearing off a lot of hair.  If you keep up with it daily, there's less hair to remove each day.  Plus you get more comfortable with the routine and it will start to go faster.   I can get mine done in about 5 or 6 minutes.  Just take your time and don't rush or you'll cut yourself.  You'll get faster with practice without even realizing it.

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2008, 10:53:00 AM »
Hello welcome timerhyme!

The new look is awesome!! Congratulation.

My shavinge-routine needs for head and face about 10 minutes.it's my little start ritual for the day.

Enjoy your new look and this great forum.

J

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2008, 10:59:38 AM »
WOW TIMER!!!! You look great with the new bean!!! No comparison Dude.... it looks awesome.

I guarantee you will be turning some heads... Mines a little pointy too!!

Mike O0
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2008, 11:37:05 AM »
I guess I'm a little late here, but you definitely made the right decision.  The Bozo look is not good on anyone.  Now you look like a dude I'd like to go have a beer and watch a game with.  The old you, I'd be avoiding and shaking my head, thinking 'dude, look at yourself; this is not good.'

Definitely take the time shaving; your speed will go up as you get more used to it.  Read the numerous posts about shaving tips, techniques, products, and you'll find the right ones to work for you.  If you're pressed for time, you might want to shave at night until you get your time down.  I'm a shower shaver with a mirror, and I can go with and against the grain with my Headblade in 5-6 minutes.  Just be patient, and post up any questions.  Even if they've been asked before, it may be hard to find amongst all of the threads.  We sly guys can be 'wordy' in our enthusiasm (me included).  Welcome aboard, and congrats!
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2008, 12:43:41 PM »
Looks great!   Like RazorX said, you'll get the time to shave down with practice.  Just don't rush it. 

As for facial hair, experiment.  Though, I think you look good with the 5 o'clock shadow look like you have in the avatar.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Jdogs Better Half

• Super Sly
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2008, 01:41:03 PM »
WHOA!!! you look so different.....you should def keep the sly look - looks kick ass!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2008, 01:44:28 PM »
DOOD.....LOOKS AWESOME!
Huge improvement. Congrats. Like anything else, practice makes perfect. I remember the first time I shaved the head, it felt like I was shaving for an hour. After a short time, I got the routine to around 6 or 7 minutes.
Keep at it!

Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline dinosaur

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2008, 05:36:33 PM »

As for facial hair, experiment.  Though, I think you look good with the 5 o'clock shadow look like you have in the avatar.

second on this... i personally prefer some scruff on my face. i cant do the goatee thing either. although it is kinda funny how once you shave your head, your beard becomes your new "hairstyle" ha!

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2008, 05:50:07 PM »
Looks great, timerhyme.  Don't worry too much about how long it takes for the daily shave.  Like most of us, you should have it down to 10 minutes or less.  The shadow look you have right now seems to really suit you.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed