Author Topic: Your vocation & avocation.  (Read 18981 times)

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
Re: Your vocation & avocation.
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2008, 04:15:42 PM »
Wine Educator/Salesman in Napa Valley. Retired Software Development Manager.

In my personal time I love to hike the mountains around my home, go to MLB games, play my guitar and BS with you guys. ;D
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline iPelon

• Sly Jr.
  • Waz-up!!!... my pelones!!!
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2008, 09:20:43 PM »
Work:  own a small, but growing, software engineering consulting co.

Play:   fishing (surf-casting), crabbing, beaching, playing the drums (32 years) in various jam bands, home improvement projects, refinishing antiques for my wife, and researching new technology.

Hey Andrew,

How do you get a drummer off your porch?

wait fot it......

wait for it.....

Pay for the pizza!

:*)) :*))

*Sorry man, drummer jokes are so plentiful I could not resist.

What's the last thing a drummer usually says before leaving a band?

Hey guys.....I wrote some songs

Ouch ... those hurt.   ;D    Come on Sly drummers - come to my rescue here ....   We have a bunch of sly drummers in here, and I think it's time to unite.

Andrew,

Don't worry, without a drummer the rest of those f%#@kers would be LOST!  Who carries the beat bitches?????

You see... simple.
...the man, the dome, the legend.

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2008, 08:39:37 AM »

Play:   fishing (surf-casting), crabbing, beaching, playing the drums (32 years) in various jam bands, home improvement projects, refinishing antiques for my wife, and researching new technology.

Hey Andrew,

wait fot it......

wait for it.....

Pay for the pizza!

Ouch ... those hurt.   ;D    Come on Sly drummers - come to my rescue here ....   We have a bunch of sly drummers in here, and I think it's time to unite.

Andrew,

Don't worry, without a drummer the rest of those f%#@kers would be LOST!  Who carries the beat bitches?????

You see... simple.

Thanks iPelon...  I enjoy good drummer jokes along with everyone else...   

My job is to make 'em dance.  It's the back-beat and groove that gets 'em up dancing.  I've even tested that theory - laying back and watching the people, then doing a funky groove and watching the people start bobbing their heads and dancing with more enthusiasm.  !B@
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2008, 04:01:53 PM »

Hey Andrew,

wait fot it......

wait for it.....

Pay for the pizza!

Andrew,

You see... simple.

Thanks iPelon...  I enjoy good drummer jokes along with everyone else...   

My job is to make 'em dance.  It's the back-beat and groove that gets 'em up dancing.  I've even tested that theory - laying back and watching the people, then doing a funky groove and watching the people start bobbing their heads and dancing with more enthusiasm.  !B@

With all the drummer jokes, might as well give the frontmen some beef...

How many lead singers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

One.  He holds it straight up, and the world revolves around him.  ;D

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2008, 04:33:15 PM »
Another IT dude by trade, recent business graduate second dealing with sales/management/marketing and HR [currently looking for a good job nudge nudge]
Weight lifting, gaming, camping and raising hell  >:D

cargoguy

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2008, 12:08:52 AM »
I am an aircraft parts inspector in training, was recently a structures technician for 17 years. I also am a ramp-handler (cargo handler).

When I am not working 13-15 hours a day, I like to hike, bike, ski, skate and swim with my family.

Offline bubbadave3

• Sly
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2008, 01:06:56 AM »
Work...Full time Manager of a floorcovering store.  I also work on an oncall basis for a Funeral Home...yes I pick up dead bodies and roll them up in carpet.  LOL

Play.....Well I work most of the time, but when I get free time I like wood working, piddling around, workingin the yard, painting, hanging with my kids at the park, fishing, antique collecting, and chatting with my buddies.  Now the Xrated stuff, when I sit here alone late at night..............oppss..forgot what chat I was in LOL

Timmayy

I had tons of friends who were morticians back in the Boston area.  In fact, I used to play the pipe organ in the chapel at Mt. Auburn Cemetery in Cambridge, MA.  The bad part about that was when I'd hit a wrong note.  The organ console was right next to the columbarium.  I was sure that I just caused some poor organist to roll around in their niche.  I almost went to school to become a mortician.
Attitude is everything!

Offline bubbadave3

• Sly
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2008, 01:17:37 AM »
I'm a graduate student at Multnomah Biblical Seminary in Portland, OR.  I'm going for my MA in Pastoral Counseling.  I am planning on working with guys who lived through clergy sexual abuse.  I have a family, and various interests.  I grew up playing pipe organ, and have a church console (digital/electric) in my living room.  I also enjoy making homebrew.  I used to have several fish aquariums, 55-75 gallons, and am seriously thinking about starting with a small community tank again.  I'm more of a Mac guy than a PC guy, but am forced to use a PC for grad school.  I only have 1 piercing these days, which is my septum (bull nose).  I'm 100% Middle Eastern, and love cooking my own food. Instead of an inner child, I have an inner Bostonian <VBEG>.  Any other questions, please send me a message and ask.  I don't bite unless asked to <GGGGRRRRR>
Attitude is everything!

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2008, 08:04:06 AM »
Man!! you guys are smart and busy.  I have been retired for about a year and a half.  Previously worked as the assistant director in the Financial department of the local county government.  Sort of miss it.  Since retirement I have been doing home repair ( a lot) due to Hurricane Ike.  Also I love to work in my yard.  Recently bought a motorcycle.  Having to learn to ride again as it has been twenty years since I drove one.  Hope to take a trip on it this spring. I walk about 2 to 3 miles a day.  Since prostrate surgery, running is out of the question.  Any jarring or strain causes problems.  Getting better though.
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline oldkookskater

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2009, 05:19:23 PM »
I'm a credit analyst/ underwriter for an SBA loan program.  I like the work.

Skateboarding and spending time with family (wife & 3 kids) and friends.
rob

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2009, 05:51:20 PM »
Retired in November of 2007 after 30 + years working for local government and also a few years as a Police Officer.

Like to camp. fish, hunt, travel and spend time with my grandchildren.   :@`

SlyHigh

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2009, 07:13:14 AM »
Work:  Engineer for a rocket manufacturer (so I'm a rocket scientist).  I also have an online camera lens rental business.

Play:  Music, I play piano, keyboard, and bass guitar.  Mostly I play in church.  My next instrument to learn is the cello.  Home improvement, I love remodeling, but it wears on you doing the major projects.  My current project is a bathroom.  Gutted it to the studs last week.

I want to get into more outdoor stuff like hunting and fishing and such, but haven't had the time nor have a found someone willing to show me the ropes.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2009, 07:51:59 AM »
wow talk about dragging this one out of the celler...I havent seen this thread active in a lng time...

Enter your email address: