Author Topic: Places for bald guys to meet a woman  (Read 33454 times)

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
Re: Places for bald guys to meet a woman
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2006, 05:36:15 PM »
They must have been so focused on the numbers they totally over looked the attraction part for the dates.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline pincushion

• Big Bald Cigar Smoking Fool
  • Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2007, 05:37:56 PM »
Hey BaldRob,
I could not agree more ....
I met my wife on Match.com

I had a very short honest profile ....and no picture at all...

Offline Jdogs Better Half

• Super Sly
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2007, 05:49:42 PM »
I might be married but even in my single days my girlfriends and I never put this much thought into                         how/where to meet guys!

This is one of the funniest threads I have read to date on this forum!!!

I will have to give my single girlfriends a heads up, especially getting close to xmas!!

:*)) :*)) :*)) :*))

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2007, 06:43:36 PM »
You hit it on the (bald)head with the mall and the deal about being infront of them in line. They both work very well, god I'm glad the season is coming back around.

Offline k_floss

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2008, 12:36:05 PM »
One of the most frustrating things that I can remember about being single and one  that my single friends constantly remind me of is that a guy never knows where the women are so they can meet women.  I know, you can always go to a bar, but how often do you actually meet a woman at the bar?

So, now that I'm married and I do things I would never have considered or even thought of doing when I was single, I'll let you in on some places that I wish I would have known about when I was single.

The Nail Salon:  Stay with me on this one!  This is how I thought of this topic.  I was getting a pedicure with my wife today.  If you're wondering why I did this (and actually admitting it), I completely understand.  I get ingrown toe nails and after a year of convincing by my wife I tried a pedicure and to my surprise, I didn't get an ingrown toe nail afterward.  Since I've started getting pedicures, I haven't had an ingrown toe nail.  So, back to the women. 

Everytime I walk into the nail salon I'm the only guy in there (I know, you're thinking DUH!).  If there is another guy most likely he's only there to give his wife cash and head off somewhere until she calls to say she's done, or he's gay.  Either way, the second all the women figure out that you're there to get a pedicure, all eyes are on you.  Yep, every woman, young and old, is going to have the wheels turning trying to figure out what you're doing in their sanctuary.  This is why you need to have confidence walking in to show that you're totally comfortable with yourself and why you're there.  The women will smile at you, or gaze at you from behind their magazines, and some will even verbalize their disbelief.  Act confident, they'll dig it.  Get up in your chair, throw the massage function on, kick on the charm and see if you can strike up a conversation.

Sorry, I know it's old, but being a newbie on here, I just now found this thread and just had to chime in.

Tyler, you really have hit the nail on the head with this one.

I'm a piano player by trade, and getting manicures is just something I've been doing out of necessity --can't have my nails clicking all over the keys when you're trying to rock the house (a secondary benefit, for me at least, is that since I've been doing it, I've stopped biting my nails).

And, believe it or not, I'm so into having to just getting my nails done cause I have to, it was only recently that I even realized what a mecca it was for meeting women --and thought of it as a best-kept-secret.

Haven't met anyone yet, but the potential is definitely there.

Grocery Store:  Most single women don't eat out by themselves so they'll cook at home.  In order to do this they have to shop.  I've found the places like Whole Foods and other organic or upscale places have the best overall ratios.  You may also want to try the store that's closer to apartments than houses since most single women probably don't live in big houses.  Also, try going at lunch or in the early evening.

Absolute BEST place for this: Trader Joe's!!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2008, 12:49:09 PM »
I might be married but even in my single days my girlfriends and I never put this much thought into                         how/where to meet guys!

I will have to give my single girlfriends a heads up, especially getting close to xmas!!

Beautiful women don't have to go out to look... they just have to choose!  :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2008, 02:11:15 PM »
When I was single the best place to meet women for me was anywhere they were..... not being cocky..... I just have the gift of gab and I'm a world class flirt.

Grocery store was one of my favorite places..........
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2008, 02:22:25 PM »

Beautiful women don't have to go out to look... they just have to choose!  :*))

So true, my band used to have a saying, "Get the women there, the men will follow. Get the women dancing, you have just sold tix to the next show"

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2008, 02:40:56 PM »
True, that's the bar owners secret to ladies night. They are fishing for the guys not the ladies.

BaldRob

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2008, 07:04:55 AM »
True, that's the bar owners secret to ladies night. They are fishing for the guys not the ladies.

When I lived in Baltimore, one bar owner had the right idea... Ladies Night was "bottomless" cups for women.  Those nights were PACKED, even though it was on Wednesdays!!

Offline cory_rudy98

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2008, 11:07:08 PM »
I'm a great public speaker, but when it comes to one on one, I am kind of shy.  What is the best approach then?  I am in college and I see pretty women all the time, but I can never think of anything to say to them, so I just keep walking by. 

Any advice?

Also, what do you say to women at the grocery store? 

Maybe I am thinking too much into this, but whenever I think of anything I could possibly say to any woman (whether it be at college, at a bar, or anywhere else), I fear not only rejection, but just coming off like a total perverted freak. 

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2008, 11:09:17 PM »

Exactly.
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline Jdogs Better Half

• Super Sly
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2008, 11:21:10 PM »
I'm a great public speaker, but when it comes to one on one, I am kind of shy.  What is the best approach then?  I am in college and I see pretty women all the time, but I can never think of anything to say to them, so I just keep walking by. 

Any advice?

Also, what do you say to women at the grocery store? 

Maybe I am thinking too much into this, but whenever I think of anything I could possibly say to any woman (whether it be at college, at a bar, or anywhere else), I fear not only rejection, but just coming off like a total perverted freak. 

Girls are not going to think you are a perverted freak just for saying hi and striking up some conversation - if you said something perverted maybe, but you cant go wrong with saying hey whats up?

2 of my best friends are super pretty outgoing intelligent girls but they are big scardy cats themselves and wont strike up a conversation first, they will wait for a guy to approach them! You should go for it sly style  - confident!!!! You have nothing to loose, if you say hi/chat to a girl and she is rude or mean then you don't want to be talking to her anyhow!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2008, 02:09:52 AM »
Girls are not going to think you are a perverted freak just for saying hi and striking up some conversation - if you said something perverted maybe, but you cant go wrong with saying hey whats up?

2 of my best friends are super pretty outgoing intelligent girls but they are big scardy cats themselves and wont strike up a conversation first, they will wait for a guy to approach them! You should go for it sly style  - confident!!!! You have nothing to loose, if you say hi/chat to a girl and she is rude or mean then you don't want to be talking to her anyhow!

This is dead on!  Well, of course it is, it's coming from a woman!

k:

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2008, 05:10:41 AM »

When I lived in Baltimore, one bar owner had the right idea... Ladies Night was "bottomless" cups for women.  Those nights were PACKED, even though it was on Wednesdays!!

Hey Rob-

where did you live in Baltimore..... and what bar are you talking about. I was raised in baltimore and lived there until I was 35 or so.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields