Author Topic: I remember when....  (Read 32281 times)

BaldRob

Re: I remember when....
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2008, 09:33:08 PM »
Good Humor Toasted Almond bars!!  Mmmmmmmmmmmm....

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2008, 04:29:56 PM »
I remember when parents took responsibility for their kids

... and made their kids take responsibility for their own actions instead of making them feel good.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2008, 12:58:06 AM »
I was in the 1st grade and we were watching the Challenger shuttle launch and it exploded in mid-air... it was a sad day for me and my grandad, who had an avid interest in space.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2008, 04:42:03 AM »
I remember:

5 cent comic books
Two Saturday afternoon Vincent Price movies for a dollar
Smokes for 33 cents a pack (I used to go to the drug store and get them for my folks back when they smoked)
The first time I filled my gas tank in my first car gas was 65 cents per gallon

Mike 8)
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2008, 07:25:41 AM »

Smokes for 33 cents a pack (I used to go to the drug store and get them for my folks back when they smoked)

Mike 8)

I remember having to ride my bike down to the grocery store and buying my dad cigarettes too.  Heck what was I...??  10?  Now you have to be what 18 to even touch them?  Funny how things change....and I remember the brand he smoked too...Merit Ultra Lights....and I think they were 98 cents a pack.  Cuase I would take the two pennies left over and buy some penny candy with it.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2008, 05:43:10 PM »
I was in the 1st grade and we were watching the Challenger shuttle launch and it exploded in mid-air... it was a sad day for me and my grandad, who had an avid interest in space.

I remember that day very much I was in high school and lived in fl so we were watchin it live out side the class room. When it blew we ran back inside to figure out exactly what happened

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2008, 06:45:56 PM »
It was that spit wad you shot up at it wasnt it.....its ok....its been what??25 years now...you can let it go....just breath deep....you were a child...you didnt know better...

Offline baldken

• If I ever look like that, I'm shaving my head!
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2008, 03:20:47 PM »
I remember when everything was closed on Christmas and other holidays,  The good humor man drove that truck with no doors or windows and when you told him what you wanted he would walk around the truck and open little freezer door on the outside of the truck.
Get a haircut ya' hippy freak

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2008, 03:54:39 PM »
The good humor man drove that truck with no doors or windows and when you told him what you wanted he would walk around the truck and open little freezer door on the outside of the truck.

Ken, They still do that.  My wife runs the office for a company that does ice cream vending sales in 10 US cities.  It's just like you remember it.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2008, 04:20:39 PM »
I remember when the milk man went by in his truck, if you waved at him he would throw a mini-sip at cha

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2008, 05:35:02 PM »
CAUSE MINI-SIPS ARE CHEAPER THAN CHILD SUPPORT >:D >:D ;)

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2008, 05:42:57 PM »
CAUSE MINI-SIPS ARE CHEAPER THAN CHILD SUPPORT >:D >:D ;)

LOL pwned :'(

Offline baldken

• If I ever look like that, I'm shaving my head!
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2008, 01:23:40 PM »
The good humor man drove that truck with no doors or windows and when you told him what you wanted he would walk around the truck and open little freezer door on the outside of the truck.

Ken, They still do that.  My wife runs the office for a company that does ice cream vending sales in 10 US cities.  It's just like you remember it.

That company is not in my area the only ice cream truck we have here are old step vans with chest freezers in them and the person never gets out of the truck  almost roach coach-ish
Get a haircut ya' hippy freak

Offline crazycoop

• Sly Jr.
  • another day of being me
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2009, 11:20:00 AM »
dukes of hazard
the old night rider
heman and skelitor
and you where cool if you had a playing card cloths pinned in your back spokes on your bike
and being yelled at from down stairs every half hour   "get down here and change the channel" my brother and i were the first wireless remotes
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 11:23:41 AM by crazycoop »

you want to see hair on something round,then you can look at the hair on my a** as your kissin it!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2009, 01:31:32 PM »
I remember when Sundays were a day for eating and visiting.  No stores were open and you did nothing but visit.  Didnt have what you needed for sunday dinner on sunday?  TOUGH TITTY!  You did without.  You should have gotten there on saturday before they closed at 8pm
d

Enter your email address: