Author Topic: Bald Mens' Books  (Read 13669 times)

BaldRob

Re: Bald Mens' Books
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2007, 08:19:29 PM »
I think the fact that the information about Christ and the cover-up was presented as historical fact was the issue.  Unfortunately, many Christian organizations respond by making a fuss rather than educating themselves and others.  I"m sure Dan Brown was happy for the uprising as it certainly added a few zeros onto the end of his paycheck.

The uproar sure did do that...

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: Bald Mens' Books
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2007, 04:28:43 PM »
I think the fact that the information about Christ and the cover-up was presented as historical fact was the issue.  Unfortunately, many Christian organizations respond by making a fuss rather than educating themselves and others.  I"m sure Dan Brown was happy for the uprising as it certainly added a few zeros onto the end of his paycheck.

The uproar sure did do that...

Good fiction, which is what DaVinci is, can often be written with technique and style that makes it seem real.  That is what Brown did.  The result was, as Jeffrey and Rob so well put it, a number of extra zeros.  Publicity money could not buy
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Enter your email address: