Author Topic: Electrology Cost?  (Read 8380 times)

Offline Brady

• Learning the way of Sly
Electrology Cost?
« on: January 11, 2008, 02:18:01 PM »
Hey guys,

Anyone here know the average price of having your hair electronically removed? Also, any personal testimonies would be helpful. Thanks.

In Christ,
Brady

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Electrology Cost?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 03:15:41 AM »
Hey Brady, I haven't heard of anyone that has done this here.  Or is this the same as Tweezing?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 05:33:14 AM »
I think there used to be a member (I think his name was JasonFeber...or something like that) that was in the process of going through electrolosis to get rid of his hair.  Does anyone else remember this.  I think I remember it being several thousand dollars.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 07:13:32 AM »
Electrolysis is the removal of hairs one by one by inserting a needle into the follicle and administering a low-level shock.  Women who have hair on their faces have it done frequently.  To do an entire scalp, where the hair is much thicker and more dense, would be cost prohibitive, not to mention extremely painful.  Laser treatments would be more practical, as they can cover a larger area more effectively, but those too tend to be expensive.  And the results are not always permanent, no matter what the advertising may lead you to believe.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 07:01:30 AM »
Electrolysis is the removal of hairs one by one by inserting a needle into the follicle and administering a low-level shock.  Women who have hair on their faces have it done frequently.  To do an entire scalp, where the hair is much thicker and more dense, would be cost prohibitive, not to mention extremely painful.  Laser treatments would be more practical, as they can cover a larger area more effectively, but those too tend to be expensive.  And the results are not always permanent, no matter what the advertising may lead you to believe.

C'mon Razor, Have you lost that much faith in advertising? Why would a company lie? If it claims 100% guaranteed results, I have no reason to doubt them. ??? >:D

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 06:58:37 AM »

SWEET MOTHER OF $%^&

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 08:11:01 AM »
I do remember seeing someone talk about the laser hair removal. Just don't remember who it was.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 11:35:56 AM »
I do remember seeing someone talk about the laser hair removal. Just don't remember who it was.

Jason Feiber...and the Italian dude Z  that got rid of his shadow....

HIS looked real good..

and both talked how the results were good!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 07:39:11 PM »

Jason Feiber...and the Italian dude Z  that got rid of his shadow....

HIS looked real good..

and both talked how the results were good!

Jason had the laser treatments, but Francesco (aka Italian dude) tweezed his with an epilator.   :o

Offline DeathAdder

• Why Not?
  • Sly Guy in Training
    • The Darkend Realms-Under Construction
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 11:07:00 PM »
Hey guys,

Anyone here know the average price of having your hair electronically removed? Also, any personal testimonies would be helpful. Thanks.

In Christ,
Brady

It costs quite alot..
Just searching around and I found:
While laser hair removal can be costly, many patients find the treatment's lasting effects and reduced hair growth more than worth the cost. The cost of a laser hair removal treatment varies depending on the area being treated, the physician performing the treatment, the number of treatments in a package, and other considerations. Since all individuals have their own unique pattern of hair growth, it is difficult to give a precise estimate of the number of treatments needed to completely eliminate your problem hair, or the exact cost of doing so. The safest approach is to set up a consultation with a physician in order to better understand prices for your particular case.

Consult a Physician for Exact Estimates

For many patients, three treatments may be enough to provide hair removal for many months. For others it may take more or less than three laser hair removal treatments. Many offices will offer a package of treatment sessions at a discount. Below find two charts with pricing estimates by region and body area being treated. Please note that these are estimates and in no way represent exact pricing at any location.

Pricing Chart
Region Average Cost for 1 treatment
Midwest $450
East $425
South $400
West $420

According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the national average cost for laser hair removal is $429. Fees within various cities may vary depending on whether the doctor's practice is in an urban, suburban or rural area. This fee only covers the doctor's costs, and does not include other miscellaneous costs.

Area Average Cost for 1 treatment
Bikini $350 to $500
Back Hair $600 to $900
Lower Legs $600 to $850
Upper Legs $600 to $850
Arms $350 to $500
Chest $350 to $600
Under Arms $250 to $350
Face & Neck $600 to $900
Just say goodbye
So say goodbye
Say goodbye
You homicidal bastard, now he's really dead

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 11:44:37 PM »
Let's do the math....electrolosis: $$$$$$$$$$$$$
HeadBlade $10 +/-
HeadSlick $8
HeadLube: $8

Now, you don't have to be a CPA to do the math, my professional opinion would be to rule in favor of shaving the dome!!!!!!!
 O:O O0

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

marty22

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 12:26:27 PM »
Laser for the scalp? Im guesing based on what it cost me following old transplanted hairs removal. Figure for the entire scalp: $1500-$2000.

X The Hierophant

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 01:12:43 PM »
Let's do the math....electrolosis: $$$$$$$$$$$$$
HeadBlade $10 +/-
HeadSlick $8
HeadLube: $8

Now, you don't have to be a CPA to do the math, my professional opinion would be to rule in favor of shaving the dome!!!!!!!
 O:O O0
This is true, but it would be worth $$$$$$$$$$$ to be able to rid oneself of the dreaded shadow :o :'( :o

marty22

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 03:46:12 PM »
I hear you "X". But, let me say, a completely lasered dome, and I have seen a few, is phenomenal. I wish I had had the ability to do mine say 20 years ago before I went gray.

Enter your email address: