Author Topic: Cold Water Rinse  (Read 7056 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Cold Water Rinse
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 01:52:10 PM »
OK Saint..and Marz......whats it gonna take you to beef and use the ICE CUBE!  You are all missing out on something really good here.  I have now went as far as installing an ice machine in my bathroom......LOL

Tim, Timm or Timmey-----It will take a valet or other subservient being [Can't be the wife, she's usually stuck in the rack monster and besides she wouldn't do anything, and I do mean ANYTHING, to help the Sly look] to run downstairs and retrieve the ice when my brain, still cruising from exercise--it goes completely neutral--can't remember to get some and bring it upstairs before I hop in the shower.  I'm not running down after it after getting out of the shower!!!  Once or twice I've remembered, and it's okay, but since we have "high" faucets in the bath, I can put my whole head easily under the faucet and let the cold run and a large quantity of cold water running over the entire scalp at once is pretty cool.  An ice machine in the bath that's getting a little decadent if it's only for your shave, and if so--no comments on price of blades or other products, it obviously doesn't matter to the Luxury Class you're living in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 01:58:28 PM »
An ice machine in the bath[/b][/i][/u] that's getting a little decadent if it's only for your shave, and if so--no comments on price of blades or other products, it obviously doesn't matter to the Luxury Class you're living in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Hey Saintc,  I hear you about the convenience thing.  I just usually grab some ice on my way out the door and rub in over my head, while standing over the kitchen sink.  Then there's days like today, when I forgot until I was at the office.  Luckily I'm the first one there... so it's just a quick trip over to the fridge and grab an ice cube.  I don't know what all these whimps are talking about.  It feels good.  Even a couple of times I grab an ice cube in the middle of the day, just to freshen up (discretely, of course)>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 02:03:21 PM by SLYinKC »
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 02:10:13 PM »
[
Hey Saintc,  I hear you about the convenience thing.  I just usually grab some ice on my way out the door and rub in over my head, while standing over the kitchen sink.  Then there's days like today, when I forgot until I was at the office.  Luckily I'm the first one there... so it's just a quick trip over to the fridge and grab an ice cube.  I don't know what all these whimps are talking about.  It feels good.  Even a couple of times I grab an ice cube in the middle of the day, just to freshen up (discretely, of course)>
[/quote]

I don't think ice on my head in a law office really works, but after cleaning my hands up in the bathroom, I usually get another towel rinse in cold water and wipe down--and I don't care who sees it--feels great, I'm smiling, particularly broadly if it's someone suffering from MPB and lack of common sense and nerve to shave it off.

Offline SLYinKC

• Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 02:29:29 PM »
I don't think ice on my head in a law office really works, but after cleaning my hands up in the bathroom, I usually get another towel rinse in cold water and wipe down--and I don't care who sees it--feels great, I'm smiling, particularly broadly if it's someone suffering from MPB and lack of common sense and nerve to shave it off.

saintc....It's the same thing as using the cold water.  Just a more intense cold.  You don't have to drench yourself to get the benefits of the ice.  BTW.  I'm a CPA, and it's not that difficult to just grab a couple of cubes of ice in a cup and take it to the men's room.  But if it's not your thing...that's fine.  Just think you don't know the benefits you're missing by not trying it.  IMHO.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 02:33:10 PM »
Im pulling out of this conversation.....sorry

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2008, 02:36:37 PM »
Quote from: But if it's not your thing...that's fine.  Just think you don't know the benefits you're missing by not trying it.  IMHO.
[/quote

No, I've tried it a couple of times when my mind is functioning in the morning and it's a good feeling.  It's just I can't seem to remember before I go upstairs in the morning to shower & shave, and I've found the feeling of cold water all over my freshly shaved scalp good too because our faucets are high enough to comfortably stick the whole melon under the tap.  Maybe we'll get rich one day and be able to have an ice maker in our bathrooms too, LOL--that's just so over the top for staying Sly.  Ain't it nice to have rich friends!  Another problem, we don't have an ice maker in the kitchen at the office, so it's really not a choice.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2008, 08:58:55 PM »
Rick are there any other Sly guys at your office?

Offline SLYinKC

• Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2008, 09:08:25 PM »

Jesse, No there are not.  There are a total of  16 people in my office.  Several other guys my age, all of which have hair "issues".  I have not been able to influence any of these guys yet.  But I'm still working on it.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2008, 09:19:20 PM »

Jesse, No there are not.  There are a total of  16 people in my office.  Several other guys my age, all of which have hair "issues".  I have not been able to influence any of these guys yet.  But I'm still working on it.

Rick keep being persistent with it. I only ask because of my 100+ work colleagues only  5 are Sly, 3 of whom I have singed up to SBG recently.

I gave a business card to a Sly guy today who is the husband of an exworkmate that I havent seen in about 2 years. Hopefully he will join up to the site.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2008, 10:57:58 PM »

Rick keep being persistent with it. I only ask because of my 100+ work colleagues only  5 are Sly, 3 of whom I have singed up to SBG recently.

I gave a business card to a Sly guy today who is the husband of an exworkmate that I havent seen in about 2 years. Hopefully he will join up to the site.

I was actually about to start a new thread on this very topic, when I came across this.  Even though the sly look has become increasingly popular over the years, I still find in many -- probably most -- situations, I'm the only sly guy in the room.  None of my immediate friends shaves their head.   The only I can really count on seeing plenty of other sly guys is at the gym.

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2008, 10:02:36 PM »
I do not know very many slick bald guys. I know tons of guys who buzz thier heads, but only a handful who blade it. My supervisor uses balding clippers and it looks sly but its stubly all the time
==SLY SERGEANT==

Offline SlickEric

• Sly
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2008, 01:24:03 AM »
Funny you should ask, there a four other Sly guys at my office.
The office manager calls us the Sly Posse! 8)

About the whole ice cube thing, I use ice cubes as a substitute for post shave alcohol or witch hazel.
The ice soothes my scalp and prevents razor burn irritation w/o drying the scalp.  After I'm finished with the ice cubes I just apply a little HeadLube and I'm good to go.

Offline JohnnyBawlz

• One Bald Bawlzy
  • Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 08:27:18 AM »
I can't say I have an incredible wealth of experience to draw from, seeing as I just introduced my razor to my dome (HeadBlade Sport, jury is still out) for the first time last night. I did follow it up with a cold water rinse and an ice cube and I have to say it's invigorating. I don't think I would have had the same shave without it. There was a distinct shine on the dome, but I don't know if it was from the cold water/rince or the ice cube.
[img width= height=]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080116/samp709fbe7684ff4e99.jpg[/img]