Author Topic: What's your favourite drink?  (Read 18574 times)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: What's your favourite drink?
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2006, 06:42:36 AM »
In the midwest you wake up to shovel snow off your car this time of year.

That's not such a horrible task really.  It's more a matter of BRUSHING the snow off.  Don't know if Denver is considered the midwest, but we love the beauty and quaintness the snow brings this time of year.  Check out this shot of our neighborhood.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 06:47:44 AM by Robmeister »

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2006, 06:57:28 AM »
In keeping with the thread....occasionally we do get snowed in....but then the kids stay home from school to build snow tunnels and snowmen and the neighbors gather to celebrate not having to go into the office whereby adult imbibing often ensues.  8)

Here's one Christmas where we got a good dump, man....the kids loved it and we joined our neighbors in Holiday CHEERS!  Quite Christmasy, don't you think?

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2006, 10:02:51 AM »
My favorite drink? Anything with a Proof or a Percentage!!!  ;D

Seriously, Beer: Fat Tire, Anchor Steam, or Red Hook.
Wine: The Alexander Valley (Healdsburg) has some phenomenal reds ("J" Winery and The Alexander Valley Vineyards are two of my favorites).
Margaritas: Uh, HELL YES.
Vodka, Ketel One all the way.

By the way, if you want a good dessert martini (i.e. chicks dig it also). Try a "Lemon Meringue Pie Martini". Two shots each of Absolut Vanilla, Triple Sec, Sweet & Sour, and 3 shots of half & half cream. Shaken & Served Up in two chilled martini glasses. Yummy and it does pack a punch.

By the way, the HeadBlade should arrive today. Thinking about embracing the sly look before the New Year.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

BaldRob

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2006, 10:23:36 AM »
By the way, the HeadBlade should arrive today. Thinking about embracing the sly look before the New Year.

Don't get the wifey all up in arms before the holidays though...  :o

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2006, 10:36:54 AM »
Yeah, it's probably a good idea to wait until the New Year to go sly, but it sure is tempting.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2006, 01:25:37 PM »
One of the smoothest, best beers I've EVER tasted was brand called "Yngling." 

Has anyone else heard of this brand?   They have a regular ale and a black&Tan.  Apparently it's only sold on the East coast, maybe even just the NorthEast.  I lived in Philadelphia for a stint and that's all I drank.  But I haven't seen it since I left Philly.

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2006, 01:35:49 PM »
I've had Yuengling beer when I visited my bro-in-law in Maryland. Haven't seen it out here in Nor.Cal, but I did enjoy it when I was back east. It is very smooth, and surprisingly inexpensive.

BaldRob

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2006, 01:39:40 PM »
One of the smoothest, best beers I've EVER tasted was brand called "Yngling." 

Has anyone else heard of this brand?   They have a regular ale and a black&Tan.  Apparently it's only sold on the East coast, maybe even just the NorthEast.  I lived in Philadelphia for a stint and that's all I drank.  But I haven't seen it since I left Philly.

You mean this stuff:

http://www.yuengling.com/index.htm

I had some when I lived in Maryland... it's pretty good stuff (and I'm not a beer drinker).  I think it's only available on the east coast and specifically, the mid-Atlantic states.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2006, 02:12:32 PM »
Yep, that's the stuff....

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2006, 02:15:20 PM »
Ever try Red Hook IPA? Brewed in Washington State. Very nice beer.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2006, 02:38:09 PM »
Ever try Red Hook IPA? Brewed in Washington State. Very nice beer.

Yes, I have...I like IPA's as they tend to have a higher alcoholic content  ;D

Speaking of alcoholic content....what about those Belgian brews that come only in 20 to 32oz that are like 9% to 11% and cost like $7 to $10 bucks for a quart?  mmmmMMMMMMmmmmm.

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2006, 02:52:56 PM »
I think the highest alcohol content brew I've had has been Mirror Pond (7% abv). I usually drink my beer for taste. If I just don't want to pass "GO" or collect $200, I'll go straight to Vitamin "V" (vodka) or Jack Daniels.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2006, 03:16:03 PM »
Speaking of alcoholic content....what about those Belgian brews that come only in 20 to 32oz that are like 9% to 11% and cost like $7 to $10 bucks for a quart?  mmmmMMMMMMmmmmm.

Those are yummy!  I go to BevMo all the time to buy that type of beer.  Duvel is my favorite!  http://www.beerlabels.com/labels/beers.pl/125/brouwerij-moortgat.html
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2006, 06:50:28 PM »
In keeping with the thread....occasionally we do get snowed in....but then the kids stay home from school to build snow tunnels and snowmen and the neighbors gather to celebrate not having to go into the office whereby adult imbibing often ensues.  8)

Here's one Christmas where we got a good dump, man....the kids loved it and we joined our neighbors in Holiday CHEERS!  Quite Christmasy, don't you think?

I live in texas, we got our one snow for 20 years two years ago.   But I strongly dislike cold weather anyways.    The best thing about snow was school cancellation, easy.   As far the car thing, when my car ices it is difficult to get it off.   One time was horrible in college when I had my car outside at my apartment complex in winter.   My car was frozen.
bald for life

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2006, 04:35:56 PM »
Scotch .... MaCallan's .... neat
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Enter your email address: