Author Topic: What's your favourite drink?  (Read 18575 times)

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
Re: What's your favourite drink?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006, 03:00:20 AM »
http://www.jdsinglebarrel.com/default.htm One of these days I'm going to buy a whole barrel. ;D
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2006, 03:45:32 AM »
http://www.jdsinglebarrel.com/default.htm One of these days I'm going to buy a whole barrel. ;D

My dad belongs (or used to) to Jack Daniel's Lynchburg Lemondade Club.  I don't know if you can even join anymore.  But, basically he got this ficticious plot of land in Lynchburg, TN and they would send him newsletters once and a while about what what "happening" in town, like getting a second stop light.

The point of my story is that they sent him this really fancy bottle of JD one time for free.  It wasn't a barrel, but it was like a gallon of wisky.

Anyways, thought that would interest you.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Myspace
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2006, 01:01:14 PM »
My dad belongs (or used to) to Jack Daniel's Lynchburg Lemondade Club. I don't know if you can even join anymore. But, basically he got this ficticious plot of land in Lynchburg, TN and they would send him newsletters once and a while about what what "happening" in town, like getting a second stop light.
It sounds like the Tennessee Squires.  I'm a card carrying member.  When my wife and I were married at the distillery my wife’s wedding present to me was she managed to get me inducted.  The distillery gave my wife and me a signed bottle too, as a wedding gift.  The 2nd link requires info to get into it, but I don't think they check it.

http://www.shotglass.co.uk/html/squires.html
http://www.jackdaniels.com/squires/

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2006, 01:06:27 PM »
My dad belongs (or used to) to Jack Daniel's Lynchburg Lemondade Club. I don't know if you can even join anymore. But, basically he got this ficticious plot of land in Lynchburg, TN and they would send him newsletters once and a while about what what "happening" in town, like getting a second stop light.
It sounds like the Tennessee Squires.  I'm a card carrying member.  When my wife and I were married at the distillery my wife’s wedding present to me was she managed to get me inducted.  The distillery gave my wife and me a signed bottle too, as a wedding gift.  The 2nd link requires info to get into it, but I don't think they check it.

http://www.shotglass.co.uk/html/squires.html
http://www.jackdaniels.com/squires/

Oh yes, that's it!  I thought it was called something different, but I was much younger then and didn't drink JD yet.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2006, 03:57:48 PM »
They had Shiner Bock!!!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Myspace
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2006, 04:00:00 PM »
They had Shiner Bock!!!
??? uhh... you got me confused, pigpen.  Who had shiner?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2006, 04:09:58 PM »
They had Shiner Bock!!!

MMMM  Shiner!

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2006, 04:15:22 PM »
that beer label site...mmmmmmmmmmmm Shiner Blonde...
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Baldego

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2006, 07:11:40 PM »
Rum and Coke...... Rumple minz is yummy toooo...

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2006, 07:43:15 PM »
They had Shiner Bock!!!

MMMM  Shiner!

one of the many great contributions of the state of Texas thank you very much.
bald for life

BaldRob

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2006, 08:04:58 PM »
They had Shiner Bock!!!

Shiiiiiner Booooock!!! MMMMMMMmmmmmmmm...

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2006, 08:16:20 PM »
They had Shiner Bock!!!

Shiiiiiner Booooock!!! MMMMMMMmmmmmmmm...

All the other 49 states should bow down and thank Texas for their contributions.  Plus look on the bright side, it's still nice weather down here in texas.  In the midwest you wake up to shovel snow off your car this time of year.
bald for life

Offline PigPen

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2006, 09:29:06 PM »
Agreed!! One of the greatest things from Texas. Along with the music and songwriters from around there.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Myspace
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2006, 10:34:33 PM »
All the other 49 states should bow down and thank Texas for their contributions. Plus look on the bright side, it's still nice weather down here in texas. In the midwest you wake up to shovel snow off your car this time of year.
Let's not forget MA's contribution of Sam Adams.

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2006, 06:25:17 AM »
 :D Depends on the occasion and the company. On a daily basis, Rolling Rock [not as good since acquired by Budweiser and moved out of PA], Corona,  Sam Adams, or, if money is no object, Bass. Wines with colleagues and other couples [I used to write about German wines, especially the still rare red ones]. Champagne when it's formally demanded, and with a few intimates, single-malt whisky, e.g. Aberlour--still a great value for the price. Never cared much for mixed drinks or cocktails, but gin-and-tonic is bracing in the summer when I am sweltering. A good old brandy (my favorite is Asbach Uralt) is fine after a substantial meal. Don't do this much any more because of flare-ups of gout. Gluewein--mulled red wine--is pleasant after skiing, or fantasizing about skiing. As Christmas approaches, Cheers! Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Enter your email address: