Author Topic: hair transplant  (Read 8774 times)

Offline dinosaur

• Sly Jr.
Re: hair transplant
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 02:59:56 PM »
steve, man, think about it this way. if there were a cure for hairloss then there wouldn't be balding guys walking around with a horseshoe of hair around their heads.

go look at some hair-transplant forums and look at the results people have. many spends thousands, yes thousands of dollars on multiple surgeries and still end up looking like a balding man. male-pattern baldness doesn't cease when you plant hairs into your scalp like vegetables, so you're likely to be left with some random strands of hair in a dying forest.

as far as drugs go, consider this thought again: if it worked, would there be balding men? sure, some may slow the loss of hair, but you can't exactly regrow whats already lost. it's $$$ pricey for the pills, and you'll probably fret over every hair that falls out and decide to consider the HT again ("it must not be working!! the only true way to fix it is a hair transplant!")

the say no to plugs/rugs/drugs comment people here are telling is the best advice you could be given.  if you try any of these, i guarantee that you will not be satisfied. you'll continually be self-conscious and worry habitually. this will effect your self-esteem, your confidence, and your general quality of life. stop clinging on to something that has decided to leave, man and just take the cheaper, sexier, and stylish route and shave it off. once you do that, you take control of your life again.

i guarantee there are many more chicks that dig a shaved head over someone sporting a wig, terrible hair plugs, or a comb-over. these guys aren't lying to you man, just shave it and move on

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 04:40:04 PM »
thanks very much for your advice guys think al give the HT a miss but does anyone know of any drugs that could slow down the thinning at the widows peak ?
steve....i can't really add anything else because all the sly brahs have given u some gr8 advice.  why don't u embrace being bald instead of trying 2 slow down the balding.  it's better 2  B bald than balding.  just grab a quality razor & finish what mother nature started and i PROMISE U.... U will not regret it.  ain't that right fellas?!?! O0 O:O O:O

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 08:38:21 PM »
Steve, I'm glad you found us before you made the mistake of spending money on hair transplants or drugs. 

I think you should shave your head to give it a try for atleast 30 days.  Like many others here, you'll experience confidence that you haven't felt in a long time if ever after doing it.  Shaving really is the only "solution" if you can't find a way to embrace what you currently have.

For your reading pleasure, here are 3 links that talk about the negatives of drugs and hair transplants.

1. Link to Propecia Side Effects group - Click here

2. 7 Reasons why you should never get a hair transplant - click here

3. Why men shouldn't fear balding - Click Here

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 09:27:24 PM »
Schro, is the Ketel One your solution to everything?

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2008, 09:37:10 PM »
Steve, I really don't have anything to add except that maybe you should talk to Marty22 who went through HT and ended up suffering for it!  Give shaving a chance - 30 days is what we recommend.  Almost every member of SBG who gives slyness a chance ends up loving the look, the feel, and the boost of confidence that slyness brings!

Offline JustColorado

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2008, 10:55:42 AM »
Do not get a hair transplant under any circumstances.  It is an irreversible decision.  Look around the web for a forum of people talking about their HT.  You will find horror stories of suffering, regret and misery.  And then they are permanently scarred so they can't even go sly.  PM that other member who said he did it.  Ask him about it. 

Rogaine may or may not work for the bald spot in the back but does nothing for the front.  Propecia is Terrible and has awful side effects.  Accept the fact that there are no drugs, no lotions, nothing to stop a receding hairline.  Reread the last sentence.... take a deep breath relax.  OK

Trust us.  We have no financial interest in our recommendation to you.  Shaving your head is the best option.  You will feel great after you do it.  And you will look 10 years younger.  If you are not comfortable totally sly start with a #2 or #3 shave and then work your way down over time.  I have been shaving for 3 months now.  I started with #4 and now down to a #0.  My only regret is that I did not do it sooner.

Just shave it.  Hit the gym, and upgrade the wardrobe. 

Read this forum and you will find a bunch of happy people who are totally over the fact that they were once losing their hair.

and check out those links Ty put up earlier they are a great read. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 11:08:54 AM by JustColorado »

Offline ShavedDave

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 07:10:07 AM »
been there, done it...........had it reversed and suffered terribly. -please feel free to write me!
What do you mean "had it reversed and suffered terribly"?
I had it done and have scars. Would like to get rid of the scars.
Thanks
Rolling out the red carpet,
Best Regards,
Shaveddave

Offline SonOfKrypton

• Sly
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2008, 10:53:29 AM »
Judging by this guy's lack of response in over 2 months, I fear he has fallen to the dark side brothers despite our unfettered honesty towards him.  Let us hold a moment of silence.

Offline ShavedDave

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2008, 07:13:57 PM »
I would like to get some response from others like me who have had transplants and have scars and who maybe have overcome this problem.
Rolling out the red carpet,
Best Regards,
Shaveddave

marty22

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2008, 06:55:14 PM »
Alive n well. Write me at m45922@aol.com

Offline Mr.Gleam

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2008, 05:44:35 PM »
steve, man, think about it this way. if there were a cure for hairloss then there wouldn't be balding guys walking around with a horseshoe of hair around their heads.

I had similar thoughts as I had pondered about what to do with the thinning.

If Donald Trump - with all his millions - can't fix his and has to resort to a combover then I wasn't about to spend big bucks on trying to save mine. Jack Lord had a nice 30 grand hairpiece.

Forget the expensive lawncare and fertilizer...

The sly look ROCKS!!  O0