Author Topic: hair transplant  (Read 8848 times)

Offline steve28

• Learning the way of Sly
hair transplant
« on: January 07, 2008, 03:10:05 AM »
am starting to thin badly on top and am seriously conteplating a hair transplant . has anyone tried this or know of anyone who has tried this , as ive heard conflicting stories as to whether it is any good ? thanks, sad thinning man !!  :)

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
Re: hair transplant
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 04:04:56 AM »
HELLO STEVE28,I HAVE HAD A VERY MINIMUL H.T.,A FEW YEARS AGO AND WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW IS THAT MOST LIKELY YOU WILL NEED MORE THAN ONE H.T.. I DO NOT KNOW YOUR DEGREE OF THINNING BUT I HAD MAYBE A LITTLTE MORE THAN FUZZ ON TOP . MY H.T. WAS JUST FOR THE FORLOCK AREA  OR WIDOWS PEAK JUST TO BREAK UP THE OUTLINE OF A BALDING HEAD. MANY PLACES DO NOT EXPLAIN THIS. THE H.T. ITSELF WAS NOT THAT BAD BUT REMEMBER.....I HAD THE LEAST INVASIVE OR SMALLEST AMOUNT DONE. I  PERSONALLY LIKE THE BALD OR STUBBLE LOOK AND  WOULD NOT EVEN CONSIDER ANY MORE FOR ME. I SOMETIMES REGRET WHAT WAS DONE IN '04. AS I AM A PERENNIAL FENCE SITTER, JUST CLIPPING IT TO A QUARTER INCH. AND VERY MUCH EMBRACING THE SHAVED LOOK.   I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO ANYTHING BUT THE SBG LOOK.   HOPE THIS HELPS.

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 04:53:48 AM »
Don't do it!!!

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 05:22:41 AM »
A close friend of mine had several done, about 12 years ago.  It looked good for a while, but as he lost more hair, had to have more surgery.  He's continued to lose hair but stopped the surgery so now he's got the plugs in front with balding on top.

He's told me he regrets having it done because now he has scarring all over the place and shaving his head is not as much of an option.
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 08:15:34 AM »
just say no to rugs, plugs, and drugs.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 08:22:28 AM »
am starting to thin badly on top and am seriously conteplating a hair transplant . has anyone tried this or know of anyone who has tried this , as ive heard conflicting stories as to whether it is any good ? thanks, sad thinning man !!  :)

Never tried any remedies for thinning hair, was actually comfortable with my MPB (male pattern baldness) as I met my wife while I was losing my hair. That being said, I shaved my head New Year's Day 2007 and COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!

Like PBurke said, say no to rugs, plugs, and drugs  O0

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 08:43:38 AM »
Bottom line is that the H.T. doesn't halt or reverse the balding process....ultimately you end up with just SCARS.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 08:45:46 AM »

Before you even think of going in to the Dr.'s office, do a LOT of searching on the net, you'll have a hard time finding any input from satisfied guys who did this unless it's in the Dr.'s advertisement.  You're going to get the real hard sell at the Dr.'s, its money in the cash register to him, and only that.  Remember, every tranplant plug has another irreversable fact, a scar at the donor site, or worse a whole long strip scar.  No matter the sweet talk by the Dr, this is surgery, and it has all the hazards of surgery, failure of the plug to take, infection, scarring at the plug site too.  Please think this through, talk to guys that have had it done, look at their heads close up.  And before you try it, even if you do decide to do it, try the Sly life for 30 days or so, everyone here can attest to the FACT that it is reversable, every 24 hours or so you'll know you still have hair.  Then if you still want to, wait another six months.  

marty22

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 07:00:51 PM »
been there, done it...........had it reversed and suffered terribly. -please feel free to write me!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 03:28:15 PM by marty22 »

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 08:29:16 PM »
Like the others said..."Just say NO!!!"  It is not a solution to your problem.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 11:22:03 PM »
Good advice, SaintC.  Before doing anything so drastic (and stupid in my mind -- sorry to offend), try the sly life for 30 days.  Most guys here have found it totally liberating, something you will never know without trying.  Plus, there is no scarring with the 30 day trial, and it is completely reversible, unlike a hair transplant.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline steve28

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 02:36:27 AM »
thanks very much for your advice guys think al give the HT a miss but does anyone know of any drugs that could slow down the thinning at the widows peak ?

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 06:46:50 AM »
To my mind - and, sorry again if this offends - doing anything un-natural to yourself just to get hair or stop it thinning is just being untrue to who you are and trying to hide the real you.  Reach out and embrace the real you instead of hiding behind fake hair and drugs.  the body is a temple, and drugs that don't save your life should be a total no-no.

Say no to drugs, plugs and rugs, as the others have said before me, and just BE YOURSELF. 8)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008, 07:29:11 AM »
Steve28....read our lips...

SAY NO TO DRUGS, PLUGS OR RUGS

any further questions?

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 07:32:38 AM »
thanks very much for your advice guys think al give the HT a miss but does anyone know of any drugs that could slow down the thinning at the widows peak ?

I don't know any drugs that would slow it down, but I do know some remedies that would make you forget about it......
A Double Ketel One on the rocks w/a twist and a chaser of self-confidence!  O0

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.