Author Topic: iPod to MP3?  (Read 2813 times)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
iPod to MP3?
« on: January 03, 2008, 09:57:35 AM »
Who can tell me if I can "rip" tunes from iTunes to Napster MP3 files?

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
Re: iPod to MP3?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 10:00:15 AM »
You can right click on tunes in iTunes and convert them to MP3, if convert to mp3 is not an option and it is something like acc or whatever you can change that in your properties.

If they are tunes you purchased from the iTunes store, you will have to burn a CD and import them back in...
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 10:07:12 AM »

If they are tunes you purchased from the iTunes store, you will have to burn a CD and import them back in...

Yeah...that's what I was getting at.  Thanks, Marz. 

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 11:57:05 AM »
You can right click on tunes in iTunes and convert them to MP3, if convert to mp3 is not an option and it is something like acc or whatever you can change that in your properties.

Which will also leave a handy back up if your HD craps out

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 12:16:49 PM »
Rob, go to http://www.hymn-project.org/download.php

I use QTFairUse6.0, but you can also use MyFairTunes7.0 to convert your purchased music to regular iTunes.  It basically acts like it's ripping it to a cd and then transferring it back to your computer without actually ripping it to a CD.  Pretty cool!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 02:27:27 PM »

I use QTFairUse6.0, but you can also use MyFairTunes7.0 to convert your purchased music to regular iTunes.  It basically acts like it's ripping it to a cd and then transferring it back to your computer without actually ripping it to a CD.  Pretty cool!

Cool...thanks.  But actually I want to take my purchased music in iTunes and convert it to MP3....does it do the same in the other "direction?"

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 03:35:54 PM »

Cool...thanks.  But actually I want to take my purchased music in iTunes and convert it to MP3....does it do the same in the other "direction?"

Sorry Rob, I screwed up what I wrote above.  It takes your purchased muse FROM iTunes and converts it TO MP3.  So, yes, it does what you want it to do.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 08:53:51 AM »
For some reason I couldn't download the MyFairMusic stuff....some "plug in" issue or somethin'

But it was pretty easy to burn from iTunes to CD....and then rip from CD to MP3.

Enter your email address: