Author Topic: Bah Humbug!  (Read 9230 times)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Bah Humbug!
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 11:07:25 PM »
Bald dudes .... take heed with this bit of Christmas Trivia.  The "X" in Christmas goes back to the ancient Greek.  The letter "X" was not a way to remove the "Christ" from "Christmas", but rather their way of writing the name Christ. 

Funny, Glen Beck (political commentator) had a little blurb on his TV program about this very topic. He's the one I got the term "RamaHanuKwanzMas" from.

By the way, I've been going around in public since I took the #1 setting to my dome last week. The response? 100% POSITIVE. Some of the comments included "I look SO much younger". "Sexy head", "Slick". I played golf yesterday with a lot of my buddies and the all loved the look. In fact, a couple of the guys said once the team tournament season comes, they'd shave their heads if we got to the NorCal finals this year. That's all the motivation I need!!!

Headblade razor, Headslick, and HeadLube arrived on Friday, it's primed & ready....9 days & counting.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2006, 11:42:28 PM »
Right on Schro!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

chadoweasel

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2006, 11:51:14 PM »
I am in total agreement with yall.  Christmas is Season with reason.  We all Christians need to get a set and speak out for OUR rights.  We need to put Christ back onto our schools, government and in our lives.  It has become a faux-pas to even mention the word Jesus or Christ.  There are people that can really blow things out of proportion and there are some that are too down your throat.  These people need to be restraind.  But the fact is this country has gone down hill with out Christ in our lives.  Admit it.
You all have a very Merry Christmas.

Hello to you my bald brother Moon  ;D

I just wanted to say I agree and disagree with you. Christmas IS about Christ, and anyone celebrating Christmas should and I assume does know that. The "season" is what the rest of the folks are celebrating, and they have that right as well. Christians SHOULD speak out for rights...but they are the same rights everyone else has. The moment you put Christ "back" in schools and government, you also put Buddha, Allah, Vishnu, and so on. Thats not due to political correctness, thats due to equality which is why this country is great. I believe if Christ were walking the earth right now, the last place he would even care to see anything to do with himself is in the politics and government of this country. I would say that would go for ANY institutions. From what I know of him, I would also believe that he is not too thrilled about the connection to currency either (I'm not saying we should take it back off). He would want to see himself in peoples lives, hearts, and minds. And he would want to see himself in the way people treat each other.

I got my religious upbringing, sense of family and community, morals, open-mindedness, and the understanding of respect for other races/sexes/religious beliefs etc., from my parents and family. I wouldn't credit ANY government body, politician, law, or school for that. I wouldn't even credit most of the churches I grew up in. I truly think the problem isn't Christ being taken out of anything, its that he isn't being put in were he should be. In peoples hearts and minds. When he is there, he IS in all of the places that person goes. Courtrooms. Schools. Grocery Stores.

I respect the opinions of you all here, and I would really hope nobody thinks my debate on this has even a tint of disrespect for any of you. For the most part I'm sure I have alot more to agree with, than disagree.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2006, 08:41:22 AM »
Thanks everyone for being so respectful in your posts regarding this religious and somewhat political thread.  This shows how awesome this group of guys really is! 

Though, before we get into deeper conversations regarding Religions and Politics I'm going to step in and ask you guys not to.  Not because I was to censor any one or your thoughts on the subjects, but I have purposely deleted the Religion and Politics boards I originally had on the site as I thought these were two topics that can ruin the harmony of the group.  I have often seen this happen in other communities.

I do believe that it's inevitable that people are going to make known their faith and or party affiliations through normal conversations, and I'm perfectly ok with that; but would ask that we limit it to that and not discuss the tenets of your views.

If you wish to discuss Religion, one of our great members Marshall runs a message board called Christian Chromedomes http://groups.yahoo.com/group/christianchromedomes/ and would love to have you there.

If you wish to discuss Politics, there are many great places on the internet to do so.  One of them is http://www.treesandthings.com that is run by a friends of mine named Logan (and other folks).

Thanks for your understanding guys!  And again, thanks for making Sly Bald Guys one of the coolest destinations on the web!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2006, 05:08:55 PM »
Agreed, and on that note Happy Holidays to all, anyone, anywhere... worldwide. I only wish all ppl the very best and betterment in their lives, always... Peace   ~Yeti  (yeah I made a quick stop back at the Holidays, I will be back a lil more from now on, sorry been very busy irl.
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------