Author Topic: thinking about getting my first tattoo  (Read 3457 times)

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
thinking about getting my first tattoo
« on: December 31, 2007, 12:48:43 AM »
I will get a Tattoo when Arsenal wins the UEFA Champions league, iam a big soccer fan, i like six clubs, FC Bayern Munich, Feyenoord Rotterdam, AC Milan, Glasgow Celtic, FC Barcelona, and Arsenal,
Arsenal has never won the champions league, AC Milan has won the champions league 7 times, FC Bayern Munich has won the Champions league 4 times, FC Barcelona has won the Champions League 2 times, Feyenoord Rotterdam and Galsgow Celtic has won the champions league one time,
I was going to do a tattoo on my arm, in the middle would be the Champions league Trophy, then around the trophy would be the logos of Arsenal, bayern Munich, AC Milan, FC Barcelona, Feyenoord and Celtic, the logs would be really small

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
Re: thinking about getting my first tattoo
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 01:08:04 AM »
FCB, that would be a very unique and interesting tattoo to have. I say go for it. Tattoos should be something that mean something to you and if those 6 soccer teams are your favorite I say do it!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 02:23:50 AM »
When it comes to tattoos I always suggest that to think the idea up and wait on the idea for six months to ensure you really want it.  Also I think it is much better when you think up some thing original, so you're g2g there.  Sound sweet.  Just make sure it is what you want.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 12:12:08 PM »
JDog and AR both make good points. I agree with them both as well, if you like it, do it. I'm still itchin to get my next one. Have the design picked out and everything.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 12:43:26 PM »
i started about thinking about this is august, so the six month mark will be february, but iam not going to go to the tattoo parlor until arsenal wins the UEFA Champions League. Arsenal is in the round of 16, Arsenal will play AC Milan in late feburary, the Champions League final will be May 21st in Moscow,

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 12:57:40 PM »
Funny, I just got a Celtic jersey for x-mas.

Sounds like your reasoning behind this idea is solid and you have given it ample thought... I say go for it.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 06:34:37 AM »
I'll make this suggestion also....... Research your tattoo shops and artists first. DO NOT just pick the local guy that is the cheapest and go get a tattoo. Get on the web and do some research on artists with 50 or so miles of you. Yeah it's not as convenient as the guy next to the local McDonald's but you are going to get this tattoo on your body for life.
Also, when you go to a shop look around real good. Look in the corners of the floors and ceilings for dirt, spider webs, etc.. If it's dirty, get the Hell out and go somewhere else. A good shop will have cleanliness as a top priority. Ask to see the up to date certification for the autoclave (sterilization machine). A good shop will likely have this certificate displayed anyway.
Lastly, be comfortable with the artist that will do your tattoo. Make sure you have a good rapport and some serious MoJo going with the artist. It will be a better experience for you if you like the artist.

Never get a tattoo based solely on price. If you have to save a little longer to get a better tattoo/artist, do that.

And if you like your tattoo...... remember to tip the artist (15% or so).

I learned all this doing research before i got my first tatto last year. Hopefully it will help you out.

Mike 8)
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields