Author Topic: new guy, 22, balding and needing you support  (Read 7517 times)

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
Re: new guy, 22, balding and needing you support
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 09:40:45 PM »
Satch Bro,  the beauty of shaving is that it will grow back!
==SLY SERGEANT==

GASlick

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 06:40:17 AM »
Philip-while MPB is a factor for many guys, it was not for me.  If you want to go sly, then do it.  I have a full head of thick, dark brown hair, but I prefer to be sly.  One thing I have learned though is, you are your own worst critic.  I have things about me that I just know everyone notices, but no one does.

Be happy by being yourself.

Offline MrBlonde177

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 11:23:16 AM »
Philip-while MPB is a factor for many guys, it was not for me.  If you want to go sly, then do it.  I have a full head of thick, dark brown hair, but I prefer to be sly.  One thing I have learned though is, you are your own worst critic.  I have things about me that I just know everyone notices, but no one does.

Be happy by being yourself.

Hear, hear!

Offline dinosaur

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 07:03:15 PM »
Us young guys have to stick together, we are the Sly future

the sly future indeed

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 09:21:15 PM »
Philip i say just take the jump and keep it ....you have to try it for at least 30 days....now that isnt that long if you think about it.   If it is of any comfort to you...do the 30 days and for your benefit...its winter time...you can cover it with a hat if you ever feel uncomfortable with it in certain situations..............but I dont think it will be necessary..
Am I right or Am I right everyone?

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 09:48:33 PM »
philip....from my assessment of your photos...u definitely don't show any signs of mpb but since u R thinking about shaving your dome then i would definitely do it.  once one has thoughts of shaving their dome....one will never b comfortable until he or she satisifies their thoughts by doing the deed.  so.... i say "shave it" 2 satisfy your thoughts and give it the mandatory 30 day trial.  anyways....keep us posted 2 your road 2 possible slyness. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 09:52:14 PM »
philip.....almost 4got.....welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  glad that ya found us.  keep us posted 2 your road 2 possible slyness.   O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2008, 10:19:40 PM »
We all have features we think stick out that others don't care about.   Don't let that deter you from shaving your head.
bald for life

Offline satch5150

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 05:11:52 PM »
thanks guys for all the feedback and support.

Yeah the MPB is not showing in those pics as they are from 2006 and the way I style my hair is not showing the horseshoe and thinning crown. Anyway I'm gonna stick with the proven treatments now and I am trying to be cool about it, if it helps then cool I will stick with it for a while. If not then I will rock with what I have. If it starts to bother me again I will gradually buzz cut it to a sly-machine. It' a fact that we are the biggest critics of ourselves. My ears probably won't bother 80% of people who wouldn't notice them in the first place. 20% will be those nasty people who find pleasure in being rude for the sake of it.

thanks,

Philip

Offline SlyBaldDude

• Sly
    • Standing Out In the Crowd
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2008, 02:19:48 PM »
LOL on the Sly Future .. I suppose that's true.  Just shave it off,  slap on some head-lube for a little added finish you're good to go.  Been sly for two years now,  just started balding,  I've never looked back.  I love the look,  my wife hates it,  but she lives with it.  My dad loves it,  my mother hates it.  You cant go thru life wondering what averybody thinks.  There is nothing like stepping outta the shower with a freshly shaved dome. 

Enter your email address: