Author Topic: Marshall's fitness goal  (Read 64709 times)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Marshall's fitness goal
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2010, 02:59:07 PM »
I weigh myself once a week, every Saturday morning at the same time and under the same circumstances. That's the only way to get an accurate reading of the trend.

Good point, I weigh daily gym, before shower and on the "physician" style scale once a week at the gym on Saturday, after workout.  That way you get a more realistic guide to where you're at and where you may be going.    The other big variable is what you may have eaten and drank in the last 24-48 hours--a crawfish, shrimp or crab boil will add 5-10 for me because of the salt not only in the seafood and trimmings, but also in the beer and appetizers.  It takes a couple of days for that to work it's way back to "normal." 
And evidence of what you can "carry" around as a normal state of affairs, I weighed myself at the start of the preparation for a routine colonoscopy [if "routine"is not to "sick" a term]  and when I got ready to go to the hospital for the procedure--man, when they say you're full of it, they ain't whistling Dixie! ;D

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #151 on: May 01, 2010, 08:57:58 PM »
Got some good news from the doctor in the mail this morning.  I got my test results for my blood glucose levels.  To be honest, I don't understand everything.  But it was at 6.  There was also a encouraging note from the doctor saying my blood glucose levels were normal.  She was very happy at the way I have been taking care of myself.  So I am pretty encouraged to ramp things up and start taking more weight off!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #152 on: May 01, 2010, 09:31:55 PM »
Well done bro...  O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #153 on: May 02, 2010, 07:03:11 PM »
Got some good news from the doctor in the mail this morning.  I got my test results for my blood glucose levels.  To be honest, I don't understand everything.  But it was at 6.  There was also a encouraging note from the doctor saying my blood glucose levels were normal.  She was very happy at the way I have been taking care of myself.  So I am pretty encouraged to ramp things up and start taking more weight off!

Good job.  O0

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #154 on: May 02, 2010, 07:18:54 PM »

Do you really understand how awesome this is, one tenth of a pont lower on the AIc and you can be considered not diabetic, just pre-diabetic--you are moving so totally in the right direction,  STAND UP AND TAKE A BOW!  WOW--way to go. 

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2010, 07:28:55 PM »

Do you really understand how awesome this is, one tenth of a pont lower on the AIc and you can be considered not diabetic, just pre-diabetic--

Post-diabetic, actually.   ;)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2010, 07:39:51 PM »

Do you really understand how awesome this is, one tenth of a pont lower on the AIc and you can be considered not diabetic, just pre-diabetic--

Post-diabetic, actually.   ;)

Wouldn't that be wonderful, but, once those numbers show up, it's always a battle,a daily battle w/ the #s.  Post, no, maybe under total SlyContol, but it's still something to deal with everyday, every meal, every snack.  It's part of life, but living is the important part,

Offline arjelyn06

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2010, 01:32:04 AM »
I am disappointed in myself.  I haven't made it to the gym lately.  But on the good side, I am in a weight loss competition with my boss.  I am starting to eat properly.  But I know that the exercise has to start happening.  Too bad that there aren't any of you in Seattle to work out with!  But I am lousy at time management.  That is the biggest problem in terms of my not working out.  But I am not giving up!

Yeah, you should not give up sir, I know you can do it successful.  O0 I suggest its better for you if you will have the "fitness books" so that if you have no luxurious time to go to the gym, it can give you some different ways in losing weights. :) Competing with your boss give you a little excitement.  :popo

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #158 on: June 09, 2010, 02:25:45 PM »
I think I may have mentioned that I had gained 7 pounds of the 31 that I had lost.  The good news is that I am starting to  get back on the eating healthy wagon.  So I have lost 3 of those 7.  I am still determined to get to about 165 lbs.  But I am happy if I am losing it slowly.  Today I am having a lunch of homemade chili with "Laura's Lean Beef", a brand of ultra lean beef.  I  am also having a salad of lowfat Italian dressing, grapes and Jello Sugar Free chocolate pudding!

MikeInPdx

« Reply #159 on: June 10, 2010, 01:47:04 PM »
That sounds like a great lunch! The Laura's ground beef is pricey but good.  Have you tried the TVP from Bob's Red Mill? It comes dried, and it works out to about half the price of regular ground beef. The texture is just like the real thing, and it's very good replacing half (or even all) of your ground meat in highly seasoned dishes.  Plus, it's fat free! :)

Just thought I'd pop on over here and give you a cheer! Don't be discouraged about a small gain....I still go up and down a few pounds myself, but the main weight loss is slow and steady.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #160 on: June 10, 2010, 11:40:22 PM »
That sounds like a great lunch! The Laura's ground beef is pricey but good.  Have you tried the TVP from Bob's Red Mill? It comes dried, and it works out to about half the price of regular ground beef. The texture is just like the real thing, and it's very good replacing half (or even all) of your ground meat in highly seasoned dishes.  Plus, it's fat free! :)

Just thought I'd pop on over here and give you a cheer! Don't be discouraged about a small gain....I still go up and down a few pounds myself, but the main weight loss is slow and steady.

I have tried Morning Star Farms Burger Crumbles.  They were ok.  But I think next time I will do a half and half mixture and see how that goes!

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2010, 10:14:38 AM »
As of today, I have lost 4 of the 7 pounds that I had gained back.  I also went on a 7 mile bike ride yesterday!  So I am hoping that soon, I will be below 214 pounds, the least I have weighed on this weight loss journey!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2010, 10:27:34 AM »
As of today, I have lost 4 of the 7 pounds that I had gained back.  I also went on a 7 mile bike ride yesterday!  So I am hoping that soon, I will be below 214 pounds, the least I have weighed on this weight loss journey!

Keep it up, my man!! O0

Stand by for Robmeister's new program.....gotta get off these dang meds once and for ALL!!!  D@^^ g@@4

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2010, 10:28:57 AM »
Good job Marsh! I'm on the same road. I had gained about 8 pounds over what I weighed in March.

It's gotten so hot down this way that it's been a real chore to go out and do my daily walk, so I've been sloughing off. I'm getting back on track again.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2010, 12:09:32 PM »

Keep it up, my man!! O0

Stand by for Robmeister's new program.....gotta get off these dang meds once and for ALL!!!  D@^^ g@@4

Can't wait to hear the new plan Rob.