Author Topic: Jergens Natural Glow Lotion  (Read 32691 times)

Offline mojim

• "As soon as your born you start dying, so you my as well have a good time"
  • Super Sly
  • "Making my way the sly way"
Re: Jergens Natural Glow Lotion
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2008, 05:24:16 PM »
I have tried products by Banana Boat and Neutrogena with no Luck at all.  I am trying this Jergens stuff today, will post results...Thanks for the tip NC!! (**!

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2008, 05:36:31 PM »
Timmmaayyy, OZ or not, doesnt matter. This sun down here will do some serious damage! There is a massivve hole in the ozone layer just above the top part of the continent. Australia has the highest per capita rate of skin cancer in the world.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2008, 10:56:08 PM »
I would venture to say Jdog...that hole was probably caused by some rather unusal gases escaping from your anus and causing it to gap open LOL...............
Sorry couldnt resist! LOL....
What is your wife feeding you anyways....and now its only gonna get worse with Lil Jr there.. lol

See ya Timmayyy!

Offline mojim

• Super Sly
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2008, 06:44:18 PM »
Hey, where can I see the progress on your dome NC..I have been using it for a few days now with no luck....

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2008, 07:56:01 PM »
mojim...which one did you get ?  there are three different shade levels.  It usually takes about a week before you see any difference.  If you started with the lighter shade...you might want to get the next one.  Be patient....it will come.  Timmayyy!

Offline mojim

• Super Sly
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2008, 09:41:42 PM »
Ok, I stepped up to the med level in Jergens, there was some color change in the lowest but not much..I will see where this takes me..Although warmer, sunny weather is not far away..
I did notice that some color seems to come off when I wash my head in the morning..Is this common???

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2008, 09:45:52 PM »
Dunno....maybe you are rubbing it too hard! LOL

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2008, 04:25:09 AM »
I bought some of the Wal-Mart brand of this stuff and I saw an immediate difference.  I tried the medium tone. It's been working great. 
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline mojim

• Super Sly
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2008, 07:54:10 PM »
Do not, I repeat do not use this stuff as a sun block even though it says it is..
I am in Tucson,AZ for "business"and I used the jergens as a sun block at a White Sox/DiamondBacks spring training game today and got fried... p0@^

DAT Boy

« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2008, 10:19:05 PM »
Mojim, not to burst your bubble, dude, (just maybe a blister or two  ;) ) but the tube of Jergens that I have in front of me, says real clearly (in 0.05 font in dark brown on lighter brown background) on the back side, the fifth sentence under WARNINGS, "This product does not contain sunscreen and does not protect against sunburn."  OUCHIE MAMMA!!!
So, don't go blaming Jergens.  All this stuff is, is a moisturizing cream with chemicals to give you a fake tan, and "that's all folks". @c3  Oh, by the way, if you are at sea level, you can try SPF 15, but for altitude add about 2.5 for every 1000 feet.  Now you know why skiers cook their skin at altitude (and they think it's only wind burn) :*))

Offline mojim

• Super Sly
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2008, 12:55:46 AM »
I can send you a pic of the Jergens I have and it states clearly...SPF 20

Offline Prey521

• Bald IT Guys Are Cool!
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2008, 02:30:14 AM »
Jergens user here and I've been using it for a week.  I'm naturally  tan but when I shaved my head for the first time last Monday, my scalp was white!  After a week it sure has made quite a difference.  Scalp is not the same color as my skin, but it getting close.  O:O

When the summer hits, I'll use it conjunction with Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF 55 which I already use on my face and arms.  I like it cuz it's not greasy like most other sunblocks so it doesn't look like you're wearing anything.

DAT Boy

« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2008, 06:38:35 AM »
Mojim, my apologies.   :-[  I didn't think they would market different versions! :/O  You would think they'd give us the same thing up here at altitude where we need it! :D

Offline Rafter

• Super Sly
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2008, 06:56:49 AM »
I'll use it conjunction with Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF 55 which I already use on my face and arms.  I like it cuz it's not greasy like most other sunblocks so it doesn't look like you're wearing anything.
That's one of the reasons I don't like SPF's. I hate the grease.
This Neutrogena stuff sounds great. How expensive is it?

Offline Prey521

• Bald IT Guys Are Cool!
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2008, 09:57:31 PM »
I'll use it conjunction with Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF 55 which I already use on my face and arms.  I like it cuz it's not greasy like most other sunblocks so it doesn't look like you're wearing anything.
That's one of the reasons I don't like SPF's. I hate the grease.
This Neutrogena stuff sounds great. How expensive is it?

Hey Rafter, I buy it for about $4 at Walmart and it lasts a long time since a little goes a long way.  The lotion itself is white, but as you spread it out and absorbs into your skin, it disappears and it looks as if you're not wearing any lotion.  They have up to SPF70 as well.  Give it a shot.