Author Topic: I wish I could make money doing...  (Read 24086 times)

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
Re: I wish I could make money doing...
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2007, 03:32:49 PM »
I agree David! My life would be very empty without music. I use music to translate my mood.

I do that as well.  That's how I get pumped up.    Some of my favorite bands are metallica, disturbed, ac/dc, three days grace, and I like artists like the boss.

Disturbed is the SHIZ!  I took my nephew to see them in concert here in Dallas not long ago.  They are amazing!

I especially like the songs forgiven, down with the sickness, stricken and stupify.   Btw, another fellow texan, nice to see.   I'm from katy, just west of houston.
bald for life

Offline Hawk

• Sly
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2007, 03:41:13 PM »
I agree David! My life would be very empty without music. I use music to translate my mood.

I do that as well.  That's how I get pumped up.    Some of my favorite bands are metallica, disturbed, ac/dc, three days grace, and I like artists like the boss.

Disturbed is the SHIZ!  I took my nephew to see them in concert here in Dallas not long ago.  They are amazing!

I especially like the songs forgiven, down with the sickness, stricken and stupify.   Btw, another fellow texan, nice to see.   I'm from katy, just west of houston.

Sweet!  I live north of Dallas in McKinney.  Those are good songs........check out a few of these songs by them.....Liberate, 10,000 Fists, Son of a Plunder, Voices, and The Game.  Those are some ROCKIN TUNES!!!!
Hawk
"I live life in the fast lane and my hair couldn't keep up"

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2007, 03:42:25 PM »

PigPen,
I see you have Acura on your shirt so I am assuming you work at a dealership.  Not to jack this thread, but since someone mentioned iPod I had a question.  I got an 80GB video iPod for XMAS and I have an 2007 Infiniti M45 and I have been told that they only way they can hook the iPod up is through an FM modulator, but to hold off because Infiniti and Acura are making something that will make it come through in stereo and make your iPod sound as good as a CD.  Any thoughts or info on that?

Thanks,
Tom

Tom, the M45 is a sick car!  My bro in-law just bought the M35.  I have two buddies that work for Infiniti and both drive the M45.   I have a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder.  I found on Nissan's site that you can buy an Ipod adaptor for it.  Maybe Infini has one.  You can also check out Crutchfield (http://www.crutchfield.com)  Check out this Ipod install in a 2005!  http://tunertricks.com/blog/index.php?p=42
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2007, 03:45:34 PM »
The iPOD adapters weren't all they were cracked up to be at first. They pulled them off the shelf and have since updated the software. As far as how they work now, I couldn't tell ya. We haven't installed one since they got reissued. We had a lot of ticked off customers at first though.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Hawk

• Sly
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2007, 03:46:12 PM »

PigPen,
I see you have Acura on your shirt so I am assuming you work at a dealership.  Not to jack this thread, but since someone mentioned iPod I had a question.  I got an 80GB video iPod for XMAS and I have an 2007 Infiniti M45 and I have been told that they only way they can hook the iPod up is through an FM modulator, but to hold off because Infiniti and Acura are making something that will make it come through in stereo and make your iPod sound as good as a CD.  Any thoughts or info on that?

Thanks,
Tom

Tom, the M45 is a sick car!  My bro in-law just bought the M35.  I have two buddies that work for Infiniti and both drive the M45.   I have a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder.  I found on Nissan's site that you can buy an Ipod adaptor for it.  Maybe Infini has one.  You can also check out Crutchfield (http://www.crutchfield.com)  Check out this Ipod install in a 2005!  http://tunertricks.com/blog/index.php?p=42

Thanks Tyler.  I have been really happy with it.  It is WICKED FAST!  Thanks for those pics......that is exactly where I want the iPod mount to be.  Here is a picture of my baby.....please note my garage and car are dirty as heck in this picture!  LOL!

Hawk

Offline David

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2007, 03:46:55 PM »

Sweet!  I live north of Dallas in McKinney.  Those are good songs........check out a few of these songs by them.....Liberate, 10,000 Fists, Son of a Plunder, Voices, and The Game.  Those are some ROCKIN TUNES!!!!

I have all those on my ipod except ten thousand fists/son of a plunder.

I also have prayer, i'm the one and glass shatters on my ipod.

As far as the ipod car thing.   I had an FM transmitter and you pick a crappy station within a range, signal wise, and set the transmitter to it(along with the radio), then your ipod comes through.  I don't have it anymore because I gave it to my older sister for her ipod.  Because I got sirius satellite radio for my car this christmas, which works on the same principle.

But yes, if they could make it through the stereo, it would be better, because the signal cut out at times. 
bald for life

Offline Hawk

• Sly
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2007, 03:49:47 PM »
Yeah.....I'm thinking about waiting until they come out with it.  My Ford F250 Truck has an aftermarket Kenwood and they hooked it right into the Aux and the iPod sounds just as good as CD's on that stereo.  I can go aftermarket and fix that, but that M45 has all these bells and whistles such as NAV, voice command, etc. (I still don't know how to use all the features! LOL!), but I am afraid if I do go aftermarket it will mess that stuff up.  I guess I will be patient.  :-\
Hawk

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2007, 03:59:19 PM »
I want to update my post:

I wish I could make money slapping people talking on their cell phones in a resturaunt from my wicked-fast car while I rock to Metallica on my iPod hooked into my system with an adapter while I drive with a banker.

Did I get everybody in the last 10 posts?

Offline Hawk

• Sly
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2007, 04:02:03 PM »
I want to update my post:

I wish I could make money slapping people talking on their cell phones in a resturaunt from my wicked-fast car while I rock to Metallica on my iPod hooked into my system with an adapter while I drive with a banker.

Did I get everybody in the last 10 posts?

LMAO!  Almost!  Sorry......I think this thread got JACKED!   ;D
Hawk

Offline Noner

• Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Nonerville
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2007, 04:05:57 PM »
I just felt like I needed to join the club :D

Offline Hawk

• Sly
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2007, 04:06:59 PM »

Hell......Your our LEADER!  ;D
Hawk

Offline David

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2007, 04:08:05 PM »

do you know the secret password  ;D?
bald for life

Offline Noner

• Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
    • Nonerville
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2007, 04:23:27 PM »

Hell......Your our LEADER!  ;D

Don't tell Tyler, he will put a hit out on me.

And the password is: Harry Hippo Had a Horrible Headache.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2007, 04:28:17 PM »

They Yeti is on his way! 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2007, 06:18:37 PM »

They Yeti is on his way! 

Ruh-Roh Roner
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!