Author Topic: Decision coming quick  (Read 8500 times)

Offline SlySurfer

• aka Mighty Anthony
  • Sly
Re: Decision coming quick
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 09:12:50 AM »
And for you 440....how old are you anyways?  LOL.....you dont need to get mommy's permission.  LOL..Im just rattlin ya bro. 
Aww the baby needs permission from his mommy? >:(

Dude, just go to the bathroom sink and shave that dome of yours slick. Stop procrastinating and just do it.
I'm giving you the "Mighty Anthony" guarantee there won't be any regrets.

Cheers to a 'slick and shiny' Christmas,
MightyA
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 09:46:10 AM by SlySurfer »

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2007, 09:40:24 AM »
I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but what "she" said really doesn't matter, your picture indicates that you have MPB, and you probably recognise or better, that it's an irreversable process, it's never going to get better and probably worse.  Moreover, she said, "No", but she didn't say, nor did anyone else, "You really look good w/ thinning hair and a receding hairline"  It's obvious you realise that it's what you want to at least try, so as Shakespeare said, "Stick your courage to the sticking place" and go shave it.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2007, 10:50:54 AM »

I'm giving you the "Mighty Anthony" guarantee there won't be any regrets.

Cheers to a 'slick and shiny' Christmas,
MightyA

Damn dude...you better take heed....he whipped out the "Mighty Anthony" on ya..the dude speaks the truth ..

life's been good bald for all of us here...giver er a go! O0

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 02:52:10 PM »
Yeah, jump over the fence and do what you want - and you want!

Sly Christmas. Welcome in the society of sly.

J

Offline 440satellite

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2007, 11:09:23 PM »
Thanks, I think.  Haven't needed mommies permission in many years and I'm still single so it's not like it's going to upset the "old lady".  Shaving it down is tough, if a bunch of people who you never met told you to jump off the golden gate bridge would you do it because you atomatically trusted em?  Sorry but it's the same to me guys.  Gonna chew it over one more night.

Been wearing a beenie more because #0 is cold as ya know.  Not sure if I like the increased "hello"s on the street with out the tight crew showing.  Huge increase with the hat, take it off = back to regular no comments. 

OK, either way I'll keep you posted.  Shavings inevitable but may or may not be a 2007 / 2008 thing. "Mighty Anthony" challenge or not.

BTW: I'm 35.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2007, 11:32:08 PM »
Sorry 440 we didnt mean for it to be sarcastic....we will back off.  But it all falls into what makes you feel good...

Offline PORKY

• Super Sly
    • http://mypage.com/PORKMIEZTER
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2007, 11:40:19 PM »
TIMMJ , shame on you   :x!
I'm a BIG cigar smokin,bike ridin,truck muddin,bald headed ,long bearded,tattoo'd, no sh*t takin, Southern bred, Tequila drinkin SUMANA BYTCH

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2007, 06:46:49 AM »
Thanks, I think.  Haven't needed mommies permission in many years and I'm still single so it's not like it's going to upset the "old lady".  Shaving it down is tough, if a bunch of people who you never met told you to jump off the golden gate bridge would you do it because you atomatically trusted em?  Sorry but it's the same to me guys.  Gonna chew it over one more night.

Been wearing a beenie more because #0 is cold as ya know.  Not sure if I like the increased "hello"s on the street with out the tight crew showing.  Huge increase with the hat, take it off = back to regular no comments. 

OK, either way I'll keep you posted.  Shavings inevitable but may or may not be a 2007 / 2008 thing. "Mighty Anthony" challenge or not.

BTW: I'm 35.

Hey 440, it is a tough decision ... I know. The Lovely Mrs. Schro hated the idea of me going sly and unfortunately still hates the look on me (she's the only one). During the summer of 2007, I compromised for her and grew it back to a #1 setting. The reason I stopped at #1 was so enough of the scalp was exposed for me to apply some topical remedies for my sebhorreic dermititis. Once that experiment ended (shaving your head is 100% relief from a lot of scalp conditions that have afflicted many SBG's), I shaved it again and (despite my wife's disdain) I plan on being sly for life.  8)

The first time I shaved my head on New Year's 2007, I finished up and started laughing....WTF have I done?   :o It definitely was a change. However, it was a change for the better. not only in appearance, but also in attitude. Unless I'm in the sun for an extended period of time, rarely do I wear a hat. I was a little subsonscious of my MPB, even though the Lovely Mrs. Schro (apparently) preferred the look on me...go figure.  :/O

You gotta do what's best for your situation, but although it may feel a bit awkward at first, it really is a liberating feeling to go sly.
All the Best,
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2007, 07:32:57 AM »
I agree.  Don't solicit too many opinions beforehand -- from either sex.  If you keep asking people what they think, you'll get a variety of opinions and it will just muddle the issue up more for you rather than clarifying it.  Do it because it's something you want to do. 

Yes, this is the same with many big decisions, like starting a business.  If I would have asked people if I should create a site for bald guys, they would have said no for sure. Now that I've created it, everyone thinks it was a great idea.

Perfect analogy Tyler.  When I asked people their opinion about my quiting a VERY stable job and starting my business, 12.5 years ago, every single person I asked said NO and "you're crazy".   I'm glad I didn't take their advice.

Make the decision based on whether YOU want to do it or not.  As the bros have already mentioned, it may be a little awkward at first, briefly, but soon afterward the freedom factor takes over and your new life begins.   
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2007, 08:04:46 AM »
440, take as much time as you need and do it on your own timetable.  You'll know when the time is right.  If you've got some time off around the holidays, this might be a good time to try it; you can grow it back to your current buzz before you go back to work if you don't like it. 

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2007, 08:25:00 AM »
440, take as much time as you need and do it on your own timetable.  You'll know when the time is right.  If you've got some time off around the holidays, this might be a good time to try it; you can grow it back to your current buzz before you go back to work if you don't like it. 
Hey, 440:
Razor (and SLYinKC and BALDANDRE!) gave me this advice about six months ago. It's what I did. Yeah, some guys just decide on a whim and go for it. I really admire that.
Others like me take a little slower route adjusting from shorter to shorter and eventually to shaved. You might even settle on a stage in between for a while. Nothing wrong with that, either.
I can tell you, though, once you have it cut pretty tight and short, you might find that even a week's growth needs to be addressed. And at that point, it'll just be a leap of faith to go all the way. For me, it was unbelievably empowering and liberating to take the final plunge.
Hope you'll stick around...plenty of room here for you, no matter where you're at on the SLY scale.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2007, 09:59:31 AM »

Hope you'll stick around...plenty of room here for you, no matter where you're at on the SLY scale.

Yup...Rob took FOREVER, but as he said...no one made him...it was his decision...and he finally went for it!

BTW Rob...I'm proud of you looks awesome bro!!!! O0 O0 O0

Offline Koaa2

• Super Sly
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2007, 01:39:22 PM »
Been doing it for about a year now, no regrets, wish I would have done it sooner. I have never seen anyone on here regretting the decision to go sly.
It is also for the feelings you get doing it and feeling that slick head, there is something about it, that is hard to explain to others. Good luck.
"Wherever you go, there you are"

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2007, 01:06:48 AM »
You need to decide what makes you happy.   There will be people who like neither, both or one of your choices.    Just don't base your decision on others opinions.
bald for life