Author Topic: Prescription glasses?  (Read 43610 times)

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
Re: Prescription glasses?
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2012, 02:24:01 PM »
Gold rimmed  glasses look really hot on a sly guy , I wear contacts meself , have done so for years

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2012, 02:25:53 PM »
Gives you the look.

Agree with you there.

Drifted into wearing glasses full time about 2 years ago. Now I think my face looks odd without specs !

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2012, 02:28:00 PM »
Gold rimmed  glasses look really hot on a sly guy , I wear contacts meself , have done so for years

Baldchav, thought about wearing contacts, too. But happy sticking with glasses.

Thought about wearing your glasses to go with your sly looks ?

theman

« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2012, 02:37:31 PM »
I was just thinking about this matter.  And I started wearing glass's in the 4-5th grade.  First set of contact's I had were hard lense's  what a pain in the eye and a wind come up and blow them out.  Now my conacts are soft and can breath I do take them out each nigh but wear glass's half the time and contacts half the time.

Offline Buzzcutman

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2012, 08:52:38 AM »
I don't think bald+ Glasses go together well they may on some people but it rarely works out

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2012, 09:37:38 AM »
And I will vehemently disagree.

theman

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2012, 10:39:46 AM »
I also have the metal frame as you do TSB, and the lenses change to sun glasses.   I think these glass's work well with the SLY look.  It is funny when I wear my contacts, I have to wear reading specks at the computer.  And then sun glasses .  I just can't get away with out glasses.

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2012, 11:13:33 AM »
I've been wearing glasses since I was seven. Today, I wear a combination of glasses and contact lens. I've had no problem wearing glasses with a bald head and goatee, but have had with a beard. I know it is mostly lack of confidence in my appearance. Then again, I'm also the type who likes the punk rocker and biker looks. I felt awkward. Thankfully, you guys have inspired me to go for the full beard for a while.

Funnily enough, I love other looks. In this time of year, I am big on pea coats, scarves, and hats. I enjoy the fact people have commented that I look like a professor.
Once upon a time. The End.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2012, 02:13:25 PM »
I've been wearing glasses since I was seven. Today, I wear a combination of glasses and contact lens. I've had no problem wearing glasses with a bald head and goatee, but have had with a beard. I know it is mostly lack of confidence in my appearance. Then again, I'm also the type who likes the punk rocker and biker looks. I felt awkward. Thankfully, you guys have inspired me to go for the full beard for a while.

Funnily enough, I love other looks. In this time of year, I am big on pea coats, scarves, and hats. I enjoy the fact people have commented that I look like a professor.

I've experienced the same ambivalence about the bald head and glasses look. Not sure why since I think it looks fine on other people.  I'm slowly getting over it.

The professor comments will pick up when you're a little older. I think it has more to do with the glasses and beard than the shaved head.

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2012, 03:16:59 PM »

I've experienced the same ambivalence about the bald head and glasses look. Not sure why since I think it looks fine on other people.  I'm slowly getting over it.

The professor comments will pick up when you're a little older. I think it has more to do with the glasses and beard than the shaved head.

Ditto on the getting over the glasses with the bald head and beard. I figure I could do something where it is preppy meets punk, and get away with it.

As for the professor comments, I actually enjoy them. Being that I feel like I'm an old man (stylistically) in a young man's body, I find it amusing that one of my "nicknames" is actually Sir.
Once upon a time. The End.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2012, 08:47:58 AM »

Have you been talking to my pals over here in London ?  ;)

Because the 'professor' thing is starting to stick on me now.  :(

theman

« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2012, 08:50:24 PM »
Ok Prof's .

Reminds me of the old movie Outlaw Josey Whales !  The old chief looks through the pc. of candy and say's this ain't for eating but looking threw !  When it

comes right down to it !  We all have different idea's as to what looks good with out facial feature's, etc.. I have really enjoyed all the idea's , and posts here

and have to admit the beards, etc. with glass's I can appreciate.  And being called a prof. is a compliment as people see knowledge, wisdom, experience,

attitude etc..  Also the way a person is dressed as also been brought up with good merits. 

Thank you for your indulgence in this matter.