Author Topic: on a scale of 1-10, how much does going bald change one's lifestyle?  (Read 24930 times)

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
Re: on a scale of 1-10, how much does going bald change one's lifestyle?
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2008, 04:27:20 PM »
Going sly helped me break my "people pleasing" habit and that in turn freed me to be myself but going sly was just one step in the process!  O0

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Paul56

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2008, 11:07:06 AM »
Shaving my head really just settled things out in my life. After my first head shave, the guy that I saw in the mirror finally matched the guy that I saw inside of myself. The nagging discord went away, so I could just get on with living my life.
...hope that that didn't sound too kooky-metaphysical... <chuckle>

Being bald has never affected jobs, careers, or friends. If anything, it seems to have added an extra something to the whole thing.

It may have reduced my potential pool of partners. If so, I never noticed. I did notice that the people who were attracted to me were REALLY on my wavelength! Quite a few of them had been involved with bald/ shaved guys before- and found themselves hopelessly hooked on us.  >:D

Offline william

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2008, 02:41:21 PM »
Hi all,

Im a 21year old guy who have been suffer from hairloss for 2years now and I must tell you that it almost have killed all my social life.
Before I was a very attractive guy with my lovly sun blonded hair, the girls loved me and everything was perfect in my life, well not perfect but I felt good and was very happy with myself. Then when I started to realise that I was about to get bald, I got in a deep depression. I got so depressed that I stopped seeing my friends, my lovers. I made them hate me so they would leave me alone. I really couldnt accept the hairloss and that I was gonna look diffrent becouse for the first time I had accept myself, I come from a broken family with lots of stupid problems, so in my early youth I was a very shy, lonly guy and I always hated my parents.
I had a lovly time during college and I was so pleased with myself. So for 2 years I have been blocking away my friends and girls that liked me. I have accomplished nothing in 2years except that Im balder now. For 2years I have been a total lonewolf. I have forget everything i have learned,really, I feel like the biggest looser, even my parents say this. I dont conversate with them if i have any problems cuz I have always been on my own and I dont want their help.
I have started to realise I need to seek proffesional help and someone to help me.

Just wanted to drop in and tell my story becouse I could really cope with alot of stuff in here. Also when I said that I was very attractive, I was not an arrogant idiot or diva.
I also wanna upload a picture of me that was taken 2years ago becuose I still feel like that guy. I have very hard time accepting my hairloss and that i look like a total diffrent person now :'(

ps* sorry for my english and if it is deppressive to reading
I can still be the one, Im dreaming about and I dont need my hair to become him!

shakf

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2008, 03:15:45 PM »
I feel indifferent now to be honest. I can probably get away with wearing clothing that I probably would not have had I still had a flock of seagulls resting on my head.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2008, 03:22:01 PM »
Not that much difference. The heavens didn't open and there was no heavenly music.

Offline Chico D

• Sly
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2008, 03:23:42 PM »
It has affected my life, I would say honestly, about a five in the positive direction....my self image is far more solid...which in turn has worked in the dating departement.....also in all other relationships.

Although there still is a little self-consciousness present..it is far less than when I had a goofy haircut

BALDANDRE

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2008, 03:31:42 PM »

Welcome William,

Sorry you seem to be having a tough time..

remember having a slick bald head nowadays is accepted and even a preferred "hairstyle" by a lot of guys and girls do dig it (really)...

Now tell me...does this guy look like he has trouble getting girls? If you're as good looking in real life like you say...you still will be with a SLY bald head....

Good looking is good looking no matter what "haircut" you have..

Don't sweat it dude...embrace it!

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2008, 04:04:40 PM »
Hi all,

Im a 21year old guy who have been suffer from hairloss for 2years now and I must tell you that it almost have killed all my social life.
Before I was a very attractive guy with my lovly sun blonded hair, the girls loved me and everything was perfect in my life, well not perfect but I felt good and was very happy with myself. Then when I started to realise that I was about to get bald, I got in a deep depression. I got so depressed that I stopped seeing my friends, my lovers. I made them hate me so they would leave me alone. I really couldnt accept the hairloss and that I was gonna look diffrent becouse for the first time I had accept myself, I come from a broken family with lots of stupid problems, so in my early youth I was a very shy, lonly guy and I always hated my parents.
I had a lovly time during college and I was so pleased with myself. So for 2 years I have been blocking away my friends and girls that liked me. I have accomplished nothing in 2years except that Im balder now. For 2years I have been a total lonewolf. I have forget everything i have learned,really, I feel like the biggest looser, even my parents say this. I dont conversate with them if i have any problems cuz I have always been on my own and I dont want their help.
I have started to realise I need to seek proffesional help and someone to help me.

Just wanted to drop in and tell my story becouse I could really cope with alot of stuff in here. Also when I said that I was very attractive, I was not an arrogant idiot or diva.
I also wanna upload a picture of me that was taken 2years ago becuose I still feel like that guy. I have very hard time accepting my hairloss and that i look like a total diffrent person now :'(

ps* sorry for my english and if it is deppressive to reading

Seriously man, it is not everyone that can go through life without having some major obstacle's to overcome. Some of us have more, some less and what seems like a cakewalk and hardly qualifies as an obstacle at all to me could be complete devistation to someone else.

Life aint easy, and as you grow older you will (hopefully) understand that going it alone makes the hard times harder and the good times boring. Regardless of your appearance having people that you care about (and that care about you) in your life is one of the best parts of the ride.

If you define yourself by your looks and not who you really are you are doing yourself a disservice. It means that for the rest of your life you will be looking at that picture and forgetting how much you have truly grown and simply judge yourself superficially.

Get out there and be yourself and as my bald bro Andre said, embrace it... learn to love yourself, not your hair from 2 years ago.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2008, 05:37:16 PM »
William - You've been given some wise words.  Think about them !
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2008, 05:45:03 PM »
william, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!  Like wpruitt said, you've been given some good advice.  I'd give head shaving a shot.  My guess is that you'll feel a 100 ton weight lifted off your shoulders as your hair falls to the floor.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2008, 09:12:44 PM »
Welcome to the neighborhood William

give shaving it a chance you will be surprised. The rest of the advice you've been givin is worth listening to.

marty22

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2008, 01:25:45 PM »
Hey WIlliam: Take it from a guy who covered his head with hats due to transplants and thinning hair for nearly 20 years. It ain't worth getting that aggravated about. Make a decision re your hairline and get a few opinions. Better to be natural. I wish I had 20 years ago.

Offline flattop peterbilt

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2008, 09:03:39 PM »
well William ....i am 31 now but i was in your boat 10 years ago....and going bald and shaving my head made a world of difference for me...but hey it could be worse ...no hair Vs..a lost limb or something worse...look at my pick .. i am, the one standing up the other is my brother..not real brother but he is my brother...and my name is also William...it takes getting used to but hey so does ma new car....lol
Life hands you four Aces bet high...life hands you four duces...call

Offline Mr.Gleam

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2008, 11:50:44 AM »
Change of lifestyle..... maybe just a 5.

Change in attitude..........8 (more confidence, better reactions from girls than the last few years when I had hair.

Offline Bald Jedi

• Ephesians 6:10-18
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • Go Big or Go Home!!
    • Saber Idol
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2008, 10:26:31 PM »
Boss, it's ultimately up to you what makes you happy.  For myself, I consider a faith in Christ, love for my beautiful wife Pamela and son Daniel and being Sly the best lifestyle I can lead.
I will tell you...once you start down the Sly path- forever will it dominate your destiny!!
NEVER GIVE UP.
NEVER BACK DOWN.
NEVER LOSE FAITH!

Enter your email address: