Author Topic: First Post  (Read 7002 times)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: First Post
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2007, 08:41:19 AM »
Man, today was my first day at worked "domed out" at it was rather interesting to say the least.  My biggest concern lies in being associated with Skinheads or Neo-Nazi groups as my work environment consists of an ever changing clientle base.  Thanks again for the warm reception and the motivation to take a rather challenging step.

Don't worry about being associated with those groups unless you tend to act like them.  People might think of it as an initial impression, but if your speech and actions don't back up their suspicions, all will be cool

Tyler is correct.  My wife and I were just discussing the phenomena that people feel the need to peg labels on people and put people into categories.  A fine, upstanding, friendly BALD guy blows away certain folks' defined categories...and some folks are terribly uncomfortable thinking out of the box....(they have my pity).

So as Tyler mentioned, if you happen to dress and or act like a certain group commonly associated with head shaving, some folks say, "AHA...OK...he's a __________"

But otherwise a decent, upstanding, friendly, stand up type of guy....their heads cock....like a dog does at the sound of a high pitched whistle.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 08:43:04 AM by Robmeister »

Enter your email address: