Author Topic: Hating My Bald Head  (Read 3766 times)

Offline shyslyguy

• Super Sly
  • remember! you gotta be bald to be sly!
Hating My Bald Head
« on: June 14, 2007, 06:47:45 AM »
I just came across this & thought you might want to check it out :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6748861.stm

His heed was ballid, and schon as eny glas 

http://www.myspace.com/thetrombonists

Offline Chazz

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Hating My Bald Head
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 07:00:37 AM »
Great read, I belive the question is not is baldness sexy but can bald guys be sexy, just like there are guys with hair that women do not find sexy.

Bald can be sexy, play the hand your dealt player.

Chase out.

Offline Itsonlyinmyhead

• When will it happen?
  • Sly
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 07:46:22 AM »
its a good article, hopefully the program is just as good.  Hopefully it prooves something to the guys over on HLT that you can have a life without hair which they wont believe

Offline Hugh_Fran

• Belfast Sly Guy
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • The Sly guy from the Emerald Isle
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 04:08:11 PM »
Man I can relate to that story, I've been called all sorts of things.

It is an easy thing to target as it is right in peoples faces - they feel compelled to mention your bald head even if you try not to bring attention to it. I'm not joking, there is one guy in my work that stares at my head when he talks to me, I'm like 'my eyes are down here bud, not on my forehead.' Some people can be sooooo rude and just stare at my head when they talk to me as if they are fascinated by it.

Dunno, makes me feel uncomfortable sometimes.
I'm Irish, give me Guinness `Dr!n#

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 07:13:24 AM »
Yeah: that sometimes happens to  me.  I think its just a matter of turning their looks to your advantage, and interpreting them how you want to.  I usually feel they're staring because they like it, or are intregued by it, rather than because they are finding it wierd.

But maybe that's just my big EGO? 8)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 07:28:48 AM »
Good read, Shy.
I really think it goes back to your view of yourself. I really do think a positive self image sends out good vibes as much as a negative self images emits a bad vibe.

Lastly, I did appreciate the reactions of ladies at the "speed dating" event. No mentioning of hair.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 08:22:56 AM »
"androgenetic alopecia"   Gives a whole new twist to "AA" and MPB--it's hair anonymous spelled up market!  Sly works, no matter how you spell it.

Offline SlyInSLC

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 12:43:18 PM »
there is one guy in my work that stares at my head when he talks to me, I'm like 'my eyes are down here bud, not on my forehead.' Some people can be sooooo rude and just stare at my head when they talk to me as if they are fascinated by it.

I know what you mean. I guess now we can relate to how women feel when guys stare at them below their head.

Offline froze

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 01:36:43 PM »
Good article!
And I couldn't agree with you more schro!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 02:57:50 PM »
Hugh, SlyinSLC & Froze, I guess I'm the odd guy out, when that happens & the "gazer" is a guy, balding or otherwise, I'm pretty sure I know what he's thinking, it's either, "Looks good, I've got to do that" or "Cr_p, I wish I had the balls to do that."  If it's a woman, at my age,  I'll take anything they want to do--I'm far past being choosey, and if we get beyond the conversation then she can see the parts that don't look as fit as I feel being sly. ;D ;D ;D

Enter your email address: