Author Topic: Confidence issues...  (Read 14798 times)

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Confidence issues...
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »
hi guys ive got to be honest im abit like hugh_fran. i used to be mr confidence and had the gift of the gab i ever date an underwear model when i was 19. good bloody morning. she was hot and gorgeous....  but once i had my car crash and i started to lose my hair my confidence went down hill and once my ex started to shout baldy across the pub it really all went. im starting to get it back but i still have trouble aprroaching ladies to chat too them and do often chat via the net but i still dont have avast amount of confidence

Hey Mike, Some men spend 10's of thousands of dollars in live boot camps, trying to find the "magic bullet" words that will get the girls of their dreams to go on a date with them. Eventually they find out the hard way that there is no magic bullet, all they need are some funny pick up lines and good old fashion confidence.

Consider this funny line:
Gent: Say, how much does a polar bear weigh?
Gal: Uh, I have no idea?
Gent: Enough to break the ice. Hi, my name's BJ.

Is that a stupid line? Definitely. But it demonstrates a key point in picking a girl up: Half the battle is breaking the ice between you and the person you want to talk to. Once the ice is melted, you're in! You've magically moved past stranger territory.

Here's a more romantic chat-up line.
For a minute there I thought I had died and gone to heaven, but now I realize that I am very much alive, and that heaven has been brought to me.

And if all else fails, this one's sure to work.
Excuse me, I seem to have lost my phone number, can I please borrow yours?

I need to try a couple of those...I think I could pull the polar bear one off nicely
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2008, 01:37:15 PM »
This one always worked well for me:

Me:  Hey there.  You having any fun yet tonight/today?
Gal: Yeah, I'm having fun.
Me: What would make it more fun?
Gal: (Usually with a chuckle) More of this, better that.  The answer will vary. 
Me:  I just try to react to what she says.  Then I introduce myself.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2008, 02:38:08 PM »
after some small talk that is going well, you could try this: lean in close with a smile, and ask,"what do i have to do for that to be the first thing i see in the morning?"  while looking her IN the eyes.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2008, 02:54:28 PM »
after some small talk that is going well, you could try this: lean in close with a smile, and ask,"what do i have to do for that to be the first thing i see in the morning?"  while looking her IN the eyes.

now that would take some bravado  ;D
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2008, 03:16:58 PM »
This one always worked well for me:

Me:  Hey there.  You having any fun yet tonight/today?
Gal: Yeah, I'm having fun.
Me: What would make it more fun?
Gal: (Usually with a chuckle) More of this, better that.  The answer will vary. 
Me:  I just try to react to what she says.  Then I introduce myself.

This obviously works, check Tyler's avatar O0
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2008, 03:25:44 PM »

now that would take some bravado  ;D

let me know if it works. ha ha

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2008, 09:02:21 AM »

P, this one probably works better after a few drinks have been ingested, lol

Could be too advanced for some beginners.     ;)