Author Topic: Confidence issues...  (Read 14784 times)

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Confidence issues...
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 03:49:42 AM »
Truly well spoken all around Bros!! Man, some people big bucks to hear stuff like this.

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2008, 05:14:04 AM »
Truly well spoken all around Bros!! Man, some people big bucks to hear stuff like this.
You're right JDog .... 

The SBG Counseling Center has gotten another on the right path to succeeding.  Read this set of responses over and over Hugh.  There's alot of wisdom ...
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2008, 05:55:08 PM »
Hugh,

the way I see it, women are experts at reading between lines.  Us guys see whats in front of us pretty clear cut and dry... So that being said, walk, talk, carry yourself like you're a million bucks!  Your confidence will keep people wondering: "theres more to this man, but I can't quite put my finger on what that may be!"

Thats intrigue, my friend  ;)

Walk like you're ten feet tall and you will be!  Not telling you to be a windbag, just think about all the things you think makes you a cool person and be confident someone will see it..

If they're not interested, there will be another one for another day; and at least your standing tall like you don't give a crap..

Joseph

Great words, I couldnt agree more.

Imagine the person you want to be and BE that person... it is not very hard once you put it to practice. It sounds cliche or kinda motivational speaker-ish but it does work.

I sometimes put sticky notes up to help me stay focused on something I want to improve about myself like "Work Smart" to remind me to conceptualize before diving into a project or "Get into It" to help me enjoy the things I dont really like doing like yard work or laundry.

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2008, 06:58:25 PM »
For the guys that are looking to meet women and would like some assistance in how to approach them, check out the video on this link:

http://www.myspace.com/neilstrauss
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2008, 09:53:57 AM »
Confidence is everything. i always considered myself an average looking guy with a lot of confidence and a great personality.
Women love a confident man with a great sense of humor.
Confidence will lead you to NOT being shy. Women love a guy that approaches them.

My friends all used to say (in my dating heyday before a got married), "HOW DO YOU GET SUCH GOOD LOOKING WOMEN TO GO OUT WITH YOU"?

My response......... 'I ASK THEM OUT".

The way I always looked at it was that if a woman said no, I probably wouldn't like her anyway..... her loss.
This isn't meant to sound arrogant.... just confident...... a fine line no doubt.

Mike 8)
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 10:30:47 AM »
Confidence is everything. i always considered myself an average looking guy with a lot of confidence and a great personality.
Women love a confident man with a great sense of humor.
Confidence will lead you to NOT being shy. Women love a guy that approaches them.

My friends all used to say (in my dating heyday before a got married), "HOW DO YOU GET SUCH GOOD LOOKING WOMEN TO GO OUT WITH YOU"?

My response......... 'I ASK THEM OUT".

The way I always looked at it was that if a woman said no, I probably wouldn't like her anyway..... her loss.
This isn't meant to sound arrogant.... just confident...... a fine line no doubt.

Mike 8)

Great outlook Mike! 

I used to get the same question from my buddies.  It always baffled them that I would date chicks that they were so afraid to talk to.  I always told them the same thing "you gotta talk to them for them to actually want to go out with you."
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline bludger44

• So Fresh and So Clean...
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2008, 02:36:26 PM »
This thread is just what I needed to hear...or read  ;D

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2008, 05:04:41 AM »
This thread is just what I needed to hear...or read  ;D

Yeah...... we're an awesome bunch aren't we??? :*)) kind of makes you glad you joined, huh? O0
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline bludger44

• So Fresh and So Clean...
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2008, 07:16:41 AM »
^ Absolutely!!!

Offline flattop peterbilt

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2008, 04:54:18 PM »
well i am 6'5 and my baby momma is just pushing 5'0...come on it isnt lack of hair it is self esteem....but that comes with time and age...you will grow out of it...
Life hands you four Aces bet high...life hands you four duces...call

Offline michaeltee

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2008, 04:26:30 PM »
hi guys ive got to be honest im abit like hugh_fran. i used to be mr confidence and had the gift of the gab i ever date an underwear model when i was 19. good bloody morning. she was hot and gorgeous....  but once i had my car crash and i started to lose my hair my confidence went down hill and once my ex started to shout baldy across the pub it really all went. im starting to get it back but i still have trouble aprroaching ladies to chat too them and do often chat via the net but i still dont have avast amount of confidence

Pshrynk

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2008, 07:14:27 PM »
Some good advice above but.....

My two bits is that confidence isn't something that just appears overnight. 

You have to build it by doing positive things and then your confidence grows accordingly. 

Think of things to do to build your confidence with women. 

Talk to women in the line at a bank, in an elevator, at Micky D's (try not to act/look like a stalker though)

Talk to some "friends" that are girls first maybe and practice on them  ;) 

Join some clubs, groups, take some classes and immerse yourself in things you like or want to learn... skydive, scuba, book clubs, wine classes -- whatever floats your boat -- as you make yourself more interesting you build confidence and the ball starts rolling

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 11:28:21 AM »
Some good advice above but.....

My two bits is that confidence isn't something that just appears overnight. 

You have to build it by doing positive things and then your confidence grows accordingly. 

Think of things to do to build your confidence with women. 

Talk to women in the line at a bank, in an elevator, at Micky D's (try not to act/look like a stalker though)

Talk to some "friends" that are girls first maybe and practice on them  ;) 

Join some clubs, groups, take some classes and immerse yourself in things you like or want to learn... skydive, scuba, book clubs, wine classes -- whatever floats your boat -- as you make yourself more interesting you build confidence and the ball starts rolling

Great advice, Pshrynk. Practice makes perfect
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline BJ

• Sly
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 07:57:27 AM »
hi guys ive got to be honest im abit like hugh_fran. i used to be mr confidence and had the gift of the gab i ever date an underwear model when i was 19. good bloody morning. she was hot and gorgeous....  but once i had my car crash and i started to lose my hair my confidence went down hill and once my ex started to shout baldy across the pub it really all went. im starting to get it back but i still have trouble aprroaching ladies to chat too them and do often chat via the net but i still dont have avast amount of confidence

Hey Mike, Some men spend 10's of thousands of dollars in live boot camps, trying to find the "magic bullet" words that will get the girls of their dreams to go on a date with them. Eventually they find out the hard way that there is no magic bullet, all they need are some funny pick up lines and good old fashion confidence.

Consider this funny line:
Gent: Say, how much does a polar bear weigh?
Gal: Uh, I have no idea?
Gent: Enough to break the ice. Hi, my name's BJ.

Is that a stupid line? Definitely. But it demonstrates a key point in picking a girl up: Half the battle is breaking the ice between you and the person you want to talk to. Once the ice is melted, you're in! You've magically moved past stranger territory.

Here's a more romantic chat-up line.
For a minute there I thought I had died and gone to heaven, but now I realize that I am very much alive, and that heaven has been brought to me.

And if all else fails, this one's sure to work.
Excuse me, I seem to have lost my phone number, can I please borrow yours?

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 08:05:44 AM »
Dude, congrats on getting the gig with 'Purple Man Group'  :*))

With pick up lines like that your wife felt sorry for you, didn't she?

Needed to get you out of the dating pool as soon as possible for the sake of womankind.

Seriously though, what you say is oh so true.

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde