Author Topic: How to shave your head with straight razor  (Read 11893 times)

Offline tgparker

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: How to shave your head with straight razor
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 06:28:01 AM »
Just ordered a DOVO 5/8 STR8 "Beginner's kit, with paddle strop, soap, mug, brush, etc...

All the best guys!

Tony
Gotta HB S4 for sale?  I'm looking to buy one.  If you got a nice one 4-Sale, please PM me. TIA.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 06:46:06 AM »
That would be better than a day at the spa. What the hell am I saying? I've never spent a day at the spa...it sounded good at first.

A very fitting comment from an expected source!  :*))

In all honesty, I do like the idea of hanging onto traditional ways and recognizing the accomplishments and efforts of those before me, but straight razors are one that I just can't embrace. I know, I know, it's the ugly, Ordinary American in me coming through.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline VFRWolf

• Sly VFR Rider
  • Super Sly
    • My off roading page
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 07:57:49 AM »
Just ordered a DOVO 5/8 STR8 "Beginner's kit, with paddle strop, soap, mug, brush, etc...

All the best guys!

Tony

Tony, I have rarely seen a straight razor sharp enough to shave with new out of the box.  You might need to hone it or have it honed before trying to shave with it.  PM me and I can point you to some people that do hone razors for others.
Rob
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071117/sampa714ba256de1d637.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 06:41:56 AM »
My barber uses a straight razor and actually goes against the grain.  Even though he shaves me twice, he nevers gets me as slick as I can with the Schick. The experience, however, is something else. Every skinhead needs to reward himslef with a good barbershop headshave every couple of months.

Offline froze

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 12:01:38 PM »
Don't know about straight razor, don't think it can beat my Fusion!