Author Topic: Should of done this sooner  (Read 4628 times)

Offline Dimiakira

• Sly Guy in Training
Should of done this sooner
« on: November 13, 2007, 01:59:46 AM »
Hey Guys

First off thanks for all your advice.

Anyway on Saturday it was a hot day here in Melbourne Australia and was at my sisters place. As we were chilling at the back drinking a few beers i said to her get the clippers out shave this thing on my head off as i was sick of me being self concious of my thinning. And let me tell you i couldn't be happier

All of a sudden my confidence just went up throught the roof. Is this what i've been worrying for the last year. I couldn't believe it. It felt as if this was meant to be. It was as if god was pointing me in the right direction and honestly i havent felt this hansome since....well ever. My head was held high that day. I was proud. I finally did it. there was nothing to it. i would never feel that way.

On Monday i felt nervous to see the reaction at work. Everybody acted normal. A lot gave me compliments. The hot girls all gave me head rubs and kinda felt special to be given the honor...heheheheheheh

And the best thing today a girl i've been asking out for ages emailed me this at work

Hi Dimi,

How you been. I love the do. It looks hot. When are you going to come over here and have some lunch with me. missed you on this side. Thanks for all your help over the last few weeks. come by and see me soon.

WAHAHAHAHAHHHAHA

I know this sounds evil i never felt so powerful. I mean this girl would always flake me off.

I'm never felt this cocky or confident in my life.

Thanks god for the Male Pattern Baldness gift. You changed me and sure ill miss the old me here and there but its finally now a closed chapter. Can't wait to see if there is anymore perks

Wahahahahahhahaha

I'm never going back. Thanks sly guys

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Re: Should of done this sooner
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 04:28:08 AM »
Hey, Dimiakira, Great news to hear of your experience and your story is a perfect example of what just letting go and going SLY.  I'm sure you'll have many more experiences like this in the next few days and weeks.  You'll probably also have a few negative one's also just because there are always those kind of people around.  Thankfully, they are in the minority.

Best of luck to you and I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Rick
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 06:17:57 AM »
Glad to hear that you had such a positive experience going sly. The confidence you gain from doing the deed is amazing. Post up a pick so we can see the new sly you.  O0 O0
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 07:57:27 AM »
Dimi, that's awesome!!! Goes to show you, SLY can make all the difference in the world.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 09:36:33 AM »
I think 99% of us have said that..... O0

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 09:45:51 AM »
Yep: going Sly is certainly a revelation!

It had the same positive effect on most of us.  Hope you stick around.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 09:52:05 AM »
dimi.....glad that ya like the new U.  all i gotta say is....enjoy the sly life.  O0 O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

ugabulldog

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 10:04:44 AM »
Way to go Dimi, I am @ at the same thinning level as you. post up a pic of the new you when you can.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 11:30:49 AM »
Way to go Dimiakira !  Sounds like you already have a fan club.  Keep us posted on how it goes with the lady
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 11:33:42 AM »

I said to her get the clippers out shave this thing on my head off as i was sick of me being self concious of my thinning. And let me tell you i couldn't be happier

All of a sudden my confidence just went up throught the roof. Is this what i've been worrying for the last year. I couldn't believe it. It felt as if this was meant to be. It was as if god was pointing me in the right direction and honestly i havent felt this hansome since....well ever. My head was held high that day. I was proud. I finally did it. there was nothing to it. i would never feel that way.

I know this sounds evil I never felt so powerful.

Thanks god for the Male Pattern Baldness gift. You changed me and sure ill miss the old me here and there but its finally now a closed chapter.

I'm never going back. Thanks sly guys

Excellent, Dimi. This is what it's all about. This is "Sly".  You got it.

Welcome to Sly.    O0
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 11:52:57 AM by xnewyawka »

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 11:38:24 AM »
Fantastic news Dimi, glad you got such positive responses to being sly, and Welcome aboard.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 11:49:12 AM »
Hello welcome here in the world of SLY

J

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 11:56:26 AM »
Way to go!

So cool to hear such great reactions to the freshly shaved head.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 11:58:17 AM »
Dimiakira, that's great news bro!  I'm glad you were able to see what many of us have seen for years now. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 01:08:26 PM »
Sly Dimi:
Welcome, and everything that happened so far wil just keep happening.  For MPB guys this is the only way to go and all the extras, clean feel, head rubs, and even the shaving itself for many if not most is the kickoff to a great day.  You'll look good dressed for work, dressed down for hanging out, any way you dress it will look better.  Enjoy the ride.

Enter your email address: