Author Topic: Beer is better than water for hydration after a workout  (Read 7703 times)

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Beer is better than water for hydration after a workout
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 08:07:09 AM »
YOU KNEW WHAT?  Mister..you had better start speaking up now! lol

GASlick

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 08:16:21 AM »
Beer is better than water!  I just knew it.  lol ;D

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 09:09:12 AM »
Breakfast of Champions.....LOL

Well Tim, if it is Munich is the City of Champions.  Years ago, after law school, I was traveling all over Europe.  I arrived in Munich at around 7:30a,, and walking down the quay, HEAVEN, Lowenbrau & sausages sold by rolling carts.  That's where I learned that the Germans also call beer "liquid bread!"  Of course, following the wise adage, "When in Rome, etc."  I had beer & sausage for breakfast!  Very good.  Only other times I have it for breakfast is Mardi Gras morning, w/ a purple donut and a spicy Popeye's thigh!  That's my yearly breakfast on Mardi Gras, and I'm looking forward to downing some Abita on the morning of February 5, you can take that to the bank.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 10:00:53 AM »
LOL Saint....thats cool.  I must say when I was in finland....they would drink wine for breakfast...and not too long after that start hittin the beer.  Really wish I could go back to Europe again soon.  It was the best summer I had ever spent ...but if i would do that now...it would only be a two week trip. I spent 4 weeks in Finland in July...awesome....where it was day light almost 21 hours out of the day. 

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 08:18:34 PM »
Yeah those Europeans love their alcohol. In many European countries, it is not uncommon to have a beer with dinner at age 14 or 15. But you know what the funny thing is. European countries as a whole have a much lower percentage of alcohol abuse and addiction than North America as they are taught responsible drinking and supervised at an early age.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2008, 08:25:01 AM »
as i sit here nursing another mild hangover, i have to think water would be best. damn that abita and patron. :'(

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2008, 11:33:25 AM »
as i sit here nursing another mild hangover, i have to think water would be best. damn that abita and patron. :'(

you got to go to either end of the spectrum, either some healthy like Gatorade, powerade water or the hair of the dog like a mild to stout beer. ;)
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline bludger44

• So Fresh and So Clean...
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2008, 10:03:42 PM »
this is great news...considering after hockey games we always hit the bars  ;D

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 05:28:13 AM »
Yeah those Europeans love their alcohol. In many European countries, it is not uncommon to have a beer with dinner at age 14 or 15. But you know what the funny thing is. European countries as a whole have a much lower percentage of alcohol abuse and addiction than North America as they are taught responsible drinking and supervised at an early age.

Plus, there's an element of reverse psychology involved. The kids overseas are not taught that beer is the forbidden fruit. Hence, they don't look to raid the liquor cabinet when mom and dad are out.
Back in the 80s I actually ran America's Marathon in Chicago twice, finished both times but I won't go into how long it took. (Alberto Salazar was never concerned about me catching him.) I had a couple of kidney infections during that time and the doc told me that it was because I was re-hydrating with beer. The amount of running I was doing then was dehydrating me and then the alcohol was dehydrating me even more which placed a strain on the kidneys and allowed the infection to set in. If I was going to have some after a workout now I would drink a minimum 32 oz of water first before starting on the suds. The proof is in how much pee we excrete during a beer workout.
 B33r
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

RICKYBOBBY74

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2008, 04:46:35 PM »
i drink the beer during my 12 oz. bicep curl sets..... !B@ !B@

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2008, 05:01:47 PM »

Mmmmmmmmmm, Beer!
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

RICKYBOBBY74

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2008, 05:07:17 PM »
ok i'm switching arms so i got time for a beer break and to quickly post this....ok back to workout gotta maintain that "pump"