Author Topic: George Carlin's Reaction To White Guys Shaving Their Heads Bald  (Read 28314 times)

JohnMont

Re: George Carlin's Reaction To White Guys Shaving Their Heads Bald
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2007, 11:23:37 AM »
After reading everyone's comments and chimming in myself; there is one nagging thing about Georgie's comments;  he thinks Black guys look ok bald but not white.   Now I've wondered before; why is it that there are so few black guys in this forum ( I can only think of one) .....      what's the deal here?

John

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2007, 12:48:02 PM »
I'm surprised he hasn't gone sly becuase he does everything that is slightly controversial.... wait maybe cause sly isn't contraversial anymore.

I read an interveiw with him, from back in the 60's or 70's or when ever he started and he had an earing..... oh no a man with an earing must be gay..... stupid socity..... anyway his answer to the question was awesome...

"why don't you bend over and we'll both find out" that would shut anyone up.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2007, 01:15:55 PM »
After reading everyone's comments and chimming in myself; there is one nagging thing about Georgie's comments;  he thinks Black guys look ok bald but not white.   Now I've wondered before; why is it that there are so few black guys in this forum ( I can only think of one) .....      what's the deal here?

John

There are 3 black members that immediately come to mind (Leigh, Socrates, and Adamsville Ace). As this is a purely voluntary forum, I can't explain the small number of black sly guys. I know Tyler's marketing is not done by ethnicity.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2007, 01:24:28 PM »
WHO started this topic anyways?????  LOL   :x! :x!   They need to be shot! LOL....

JohnMont

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2007, 01:25:14 PM »
. I know Tyler's marketing is not done by ethnicity.
[/quote]

I'm sure it's not !   Sure didn't mean to suggest that.

One thing i'm thinking is tht maybe black guys are just more confident about the sly thing; and haven't felt the need for a forum like this.   Remember, I sure needed the support and encouragment to to sly.

john

Bald_freak

« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2007, 02:07:30 PM »
I love George Carlin, and other comedians like him such as Lewis Black.

I agree, Carlin's style is abrasive. If he was making fun of some other "type" of person, I think alot of the people who are bashing him here would prob be chuckling if thet weren't the direct recipient of the insulting statement.... I love Carlin, but he is one  fugly mother trucker. I also agree that going sly probably wouldn't help his appearance very much.

Offline andrew

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Sly for life ...
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2007, 02:16:26 PM »
I saw GC live years ago and he had that bald head / pony tail thing going on.  I remember my ex-wife commenting on how rediculous he looked.  If she said it, I'm sure others did too. 

So, perhaps the root of his joke may be traced back to his own insecurities about hair issues and trying to redirect them to others.   Probably not - it was just a joke and a bad one at that.
“The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.”
–Albert Einstein

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2007, 02:18:49 PM »
I think Carlin is hilarious, I just assume he can take a stab back in his direction, thats why I penned my best reaction to him and his high neck mane.

If you cant laugh at yourself...
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2007, 02:52:01 PM »

John

There are 3 black members that immediately come to mind (Leigh, Socrates, and Adamsville Ace). As this is a purely voluntary forum, I can't explain the small number of black sly guys. I know Tyler's marketing is not done by ethnicity.

Actually, there are other black members as well (Trevor, MississippiRed, and ezekielharvey) they just aren't as active.  I wish it would even out more.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2007, 04:41:54 PM »

One thing i'm thinking is tht maybe black guys are just more confident about the sly thing; and haven't felt the need for a forum like this.  

john

That is entirely possible. Good point.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Penguins Fan

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2007, 04:50:47 PM »
There was a  time when I thought Carlin was hilarious.  I remember a show he had on HBO in 1982 - the piece was about how a dog sees his owner leave the house and the dog believes the owner is gone - FOREVER!  When the owner returns, the dog is always happy beyond belief.  Anyway, he told it a lot funnier than I did.

He is entitled to his own opinion and his views, but I won't waste my time paying attention to them.  I know he hates organized religion.  I have no time for that, as an order of Catholic nuns in Colombia ran an orphanage that rescued my wife when she was a newborn.  I doubt very much if Carlin woudl put himself out like that for anyone, including himself.
Let's Go Pens!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2007, 05:22:39 PM »
Just had a random thought. Would it piss off George Carlin if a large group of us went to see one of his shows with freshly shaved domes a gleaming? It would be hilarious to see his reaction I think.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2007, 06:55:40 PM »
Just had a random thought. Would it piss off George Carlin if a large group of us went to see one of his shows with freshly shaved domes a gleaming? It would be hilarious to see his reaction I think.
hey pig....wouldn't it  b  funny if george carllin had a tour in chicago the same time of the chicago convention.  we  definitely should put that in the itenernary (sp?).  yeah....we could all wear  r  sbg shirts & fill the seats.  the "look" on george's face would  b  priceless. ;D ;D O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2007, 06:59:06 PM »

John

Why does it matter?

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2007, 07:28:05 PM »

Why does it matter?
razorx....i echo those words.  it doesn't matter.  i'm sure johnmont feels the same also.  the only thing that matters in this forum is that we share & embrace the sly life.  the only thing that matters is that we continue making this the best site on the internet & that we continue 2 support, encourage, & embrace the luv of the sly lifestyle.  the only color that matters is RED & that is the color that we share when we get cut. O0

now....back 2  R  regular scheduled program. O0

WARHAWK O0
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 08:45:52 AM by Robmeister »
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!