Author Topic: Shaving later in the day  (Read 3035 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Shaving later in the day
« on: December 18, 2007, 10:03:44 PM »
On weekdays, I usually shave around 6:30 am and by late afternoon I'm starting to get a little sandpapery in some spots.  On weekends, I usually shave much later in the day, sometimes in the afternoon.  As a result, my head is smoother in the evenings than it normally would be.  It's the strangest sensation when I rub my head after 6 pm on a Saturday and it still feels perfectly smooth.  For a split second, it feels like something's amiss and I'm wondering what happened.  It's like the hair is never coming back.  Freaky feeling and totally cool.  Anybody else experienced that?

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
Re: Shaving later in the day
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 10:26:14 PM »
Yes, it happens to me all the time because I usually do that on Saturdays especially.  I sometimes even wake up on Sundays and still feel like I really don't need to shave... but, of course, I do anyway.  A bald man's gotta do what a bald man's gotta do.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 02:09:23 AM »
Especially after a day or two of no shaving, I get a much smoother shave that lasts up to 12-14 hours before the stubble returns.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 04:23:01 AM »
Same thing here, Razor.  Seems that if I shave after I've been up for a couple of hours, the smoothness actually lasts the whole day.  Even my kids noticed it.  During the week I'm up at 5 am and I'm stubbly by noon. Just ain't gonna get up any earlier for a smooth dome.  I do have my limits. ;D
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 04:44:27 AM »
razor.....gr8 topic...i'm the same way as well.  on the days i work i usually shave around 4:45-5:00am and the velcro appears sooner but on my off days i usually shave around 9am or sometimes wait in mid-day and i have a super smooooth dome that lasts much longer. O0 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 07:02:09 AM »
You all suck....is all I can say.  I never see 9 am at my house..never!  I am always at work by 8 monday thru saturday...and on sundays...we are at church by 830.  It will have to have been a day off or a vacation day or that im sick that i will ever see 9 am on our clocks at home.  What am I doing wrong...?  lol  But ya know...i really dont start feeling any stubble until aroun d7 or 8 at night...i shave at 7 am everyday.  The other night when I got home from work I got called out for the funeral home so I shaved my dome again really quick...not too much stubble but some...but when i got up the next morning...still smooth as ice. 

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 09:22:06 AM »
Definately happens here, but as I've said in many other posts waiting for a while, about an hour, after getting up to shave makes a huge difference.  Today's a good example, the rack monster wouldn't let go, so I didn't go to the gym at 5a, and slept until nearly 6:30a.  Hopped into the shower, shaved, everything the same as usual, but now, just four hours later, I feel like I usually do around 3p to 4p.  It''s just a huge difference.  Saturday's when I get up later and go to the gym later, shaving around 10a, I don't have any evidence, even 000 sandpaper at 7p.  I have thought once or twice, "Whow, I won't have to shave tomorrow, h/o, by 6 or 7 Sunday, it's more than back.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 11:19:03 AM »
Without a doubt..

Being on the home "retirement" schedule I usually shave anywhere between 11:00-12:00 in the late morning..it does make me feel "more" bald for real! O0

Offline Cy

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 05:26:14 PM »
I shave just before bedtime so there's no chance of stubble acting like velcro on my pillow.

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 06:36:44 PM »
I shave twice a day, the first shave is at 9am, and the second shave is at 7pm, i have to have my dome completely shiny all the time

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 11:15:51 PM »
I always shave later in the day, since I don't start work till 3pm. I always start my workout at 1pm, shower, then shave before eating and starting work. My head is a little like sandpaper when I get up in the morning, but it doesn't bother me then. The only time I shave in the morning is Sunday before going to church; got to have the shine then.