Author Topic: Waxing it off!  (Read 9635 times)

Offline waliguy

• Sly Jr.
Re: Waxing it off!
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 10:02:42 PM »
Waxing doesn't sound too good to me, but I guess it is about the look or maintanence.  I guess I just look forward to a nice daily shave.

Offline Asher

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2007, 10:02:19 PM »
a few months back i tried to wax my head.  my sister owns a hair salon and brought home her wax kit.  waxing isn't designed to pull off large amounts of hair at a time, but small strips or patches.  now, i have a high pain threshold (which is why i decided to try it in the first place), but believe me--you don't want that pain.  it isn't like a tattoo or something, not long sustained bothersome pain; it's repetitive shocking violent pain on YOUR HEAD...think how much it hurts when you get razorburn or bang it on something.  it's like someone threw hot oil on your scalp.  anyway, i got through about four or five 1x3 inch strips in the back and it wasn't the pain that made me stop (though it did hurt like hell), it was that it was going to take at minimum 50 more strips to finish the job; at least an hour more of that.  it wasn't worth it, to me.  if you think you've got the guts, more power to you.  the results: the patches that we pulled off stayed off for almost two months, though there was a little fuzz growing there after four weeks.  i had to shave every day not to look like an idiot.  moral of the story--be sure you can finish the job.

Offline guvnor_12

• Sly Guy in Training
  • The Guv
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2007, 05:15:31 AM »
hmmm, thanks for all the feedback. I reckon i might try it for a laugh at some point, just a small strip n see how it goes. I'm used to pain (5 broken legs, broken fingers n also torn muscles in my short lifespan) as i play hockey a lot but from what i gather this is a LOT of pain so we'll see how it goes. IF i do, do it i will try n film it n post it up here. Could be an idea for that headblade video. Show the pain of waxing, followed by 'Thats why I use headblade' :P. Corny.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2007, 06:40:24 AM »
Hey Guv I'm eventually going to try waxing too mate...I really enjoy my headshave routine but I gotta see what kind of results I can get from waxing. Wild Turkey will be all the painkiller that I need ;D

Didnt get a chance to welcome you proper either.Welcome Bro O0

Offline guvnor_12

• Sly Guy in Training
  • The Guv
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2007, 03:19:15 PM »
excellent mate, do post the results up here at some point if you do it. Right, im giving it a try so now just need to find the appropriate 'strip' or wtv to do it with. Any ladies here who can suggest? :XX

X The Hierophant

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2007, 03:34:07 PM »
hmmm, thanks for all the feedback. I reckon i might try it for a laugh at some point, just a small strip n see how it goes. I'm used to pain (5 broken legs, broken fingers n also torn muscles in my short lifespan) as i play hockey a lot but from what i gather this is a LOT of pain so we'll see how it goes. IF i do, do it i will try n film it n post it up here. Could be an idea for that headblade video. Show the pain of waxing, followed by 'Thats why I use headblade' :P. Corny.

If you fully wax your head and post it in the video section for the giveaway you have my vote!  I for one would love to see it as I am mulling the idea in my head (either waxing or tweezing).  I will most likely do it eventually.  I'll let you and JDog go first  :*))

Offline guvnor_12

• Sly Guy in Training
  • The Guv
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 01:07:31 AM »
everyone's so polite letting the other guy go first n experience the pain before they try it aint they haha. Hopefully before wednesday so keep watchin this space.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2007, 05:46:34 AM »
excellent mate, do post the results up here at some point if you do it. Right, im giving it a try so now just need to find the appropriate 'strip' or wtv to do it with. Any ladies here who can suggest? :XX

Well, I've used Veet strips.. although in all honesty, I don't particularly like them (I actually got someone else to pull the strips off at the same time while I just lay back with my eyes shut)  ouch!! You get finishing wipes with them which  helps to get rid of the sticky residue that's left behind.

My advice is to make enquiries at your local beauty salon. It's probably not as expensive as you might think.. and if they're willing to do a mans 'back, crack and sac' then why not the head?!!  :D

anyways, Good luck Guvnor!! (been dying to say that lol)  ;)
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

X The Hierophant

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2007, 07:46:17 AM »
.. and if they're willing to do a mans 'back, crack and sac' then why not the head?!!  :D

I think I'm nauseous now  !@!@ !*u%e

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2007, 07:52:34 AM »

.. and if they're willing to do a mans 'back, crack and sac' ...

I think I'd rather take a razor to some of those spots than have them waxed!
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline BaldBen

• Super Sly
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2007, 07:56:27 AM »
50 rounds of pain? :(
Feels like someone's throwing  burning hot oil on your head? :o

Are you sure Wild Turkey will be strong enough for you JDog?  ???

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Ben Franklin

Offline Drackare

• Sly
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007, 11:38:50 AM »
I had a friend wax his heand once......Only once....he said it hurt like &%(*%

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2007, 11:45:13 AM »
What's a Brazilian wax job.?

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2007, 11:50:15 AM »
Google it!  ::)  :D
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline guvnor_12

• Sly Guy in Training
  • The Guv
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2007, 04:09:49 PM »
in a rather unfortunate turn of events im temporarily broke  lol. So the waxing experiment will have to be put on hold. Also cut my head (first time!) shaving today so probably best not to wax that till its healed nicely. Will do it though, worked up the courage, just need the cash!
Spent what money i would have had on Jimmy Carr tickets :p